or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Last-minute rumor: iPhone 3GS with longer battery life at WWDC

Last-minute rumor: iPhone 3GS with longer battery life at WWDC - Page 2

post #41 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I usually go through digg.com and categorize it into only Apple through the technology menu. There you can find live updates, or just Google. Shouldn't be to hard there is usually tons of different reporters covering these Apple events, and this one WILL be big!

I like Engadgets live updates. Have been using them for years. They are very fast and do it in reverse order so the new stuff is at the top. I also try to find a slower one that have larger, better resolution images and more thorough text of the presentation, too, though Engadget is where Ill usually reside as they never seem to have server issues.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #42 of 162
"...new models will reportedly have "15-20 percent" more useful lifespan between charges..."

Thank you John Madden
post #43 of 162
We’ve gotten a lot of new posters a day earlier than I expected. Welcome!
post #44 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by skate71290 View Post

Check this link:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....5&d=1244312440

If they release this tomorrow i will run 20 miles to my nearest Apple Store !!!

That, my friends, is pure SEX. The render is a little too long and thin, but if it is something like what Apple releases, it will be really, really sexy.

Usability wise though, Apple would not put the Home button there. Unfortunately. IMO.
post #45 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Weve gotten a lot of new posters a day earlier than I expected. Welcome!

They're all just TeckStud with even more user accounts...
post #46 of 162
BTW I will personally crap in my pants if Apple actually says, here is the all new, all exiting, iPhone 3GS ... 3G..S...Wha?

That nomenclature makes no sense. I think it's just a codename at this stage. iPhone 3G Video or iPhone Video makes more sense.

If they are keeping the current iPhone 3G 8GB, then, "Would you like a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS?" makes no sense in terms of marketing/ sales/ etc. Too confusing.

Like, someone walks in to an Apple Store, says, "Hi, I'd like iPhone 3Gs"... "Er, madamé, do you mean a few iPhone 3G units, or the new iPhone 3GS?"... "I told you, iPhone 3Gs...!!! WTF"

Anyway my prediction is 50% chance on front-facing camera.
post #47 of 162
Quote:

I like Engadgets live updates. Have been using them for years. They are very fast and do it in reverse order so the new stuff is at the top. I also try to find a slower one that have larger, better resolution images and more thorough text of the presentation, too, though Engadget is where Ill usually reside as they never seem to have server issues.

I liked the Gizmodo coverage of Macworld 2009. A pity it got seriously haxx0red halfway through the event.
post #48 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That, my friends, is pure SEX. The render is a little too long and thin, but if it is something like what Apple releases, it will be really, really sexy.

I think if the size of the phone had changed, we would have seen more case leaks by now. Usually the cases/covers are the things to leak.
post #49 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Apple hasn't had a public live even stream in maybe five years. It also used to be that it was broadcast on an occasional video satellite channel, anyone with the right equipment can pick it up, but I think they did away with that too.

Now we just have to use Gizmodo or Engadget. They work fine for me so I'm content.
post #50 of 162
Quote:

I'll keep in mind that reverse order thing, makes it less nerve racking not having to scroll down and down and down. I will just wait until Apple posts their own coverage to see the photos and products. I just WANT to know what the news is ASAP.
post #51 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

FINALLY!

VIDEO.

Something every phone has been able to do since 2005.

Now the GF and I can get back to taking videos.

I have an HD video camera.

Something tells me the iPhone video will disappoint a tad bit.
post #52 of 162
I would love to see that new design that was posted above, but I don't see the home button being an Apple designed part of it. It just doesn't really look right I guess. I doubt Steve Jobs would have approved of that.
post #53 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by macapptraining View Post

to be honest, longer battery life would be a huge plus for anyone who commutes daily for school or business. i purchased a psp for watching videos while on the train to commute daily. the iphone battery would drain and i cannot have that happen on a daily commute. this would be a great upgrade for all users who commute, students and business professionals. cannot wait for tomorrow. appleinsider is the best!

There are many great products that help with the non-removable battery situation. The seemingly best solution I've seen is the iPhone case that doubles as an extended battery. It looks to be perfectly symmetrical on all sides so there is not like a big battery module just on one side.
post #54 of 162
Quote:

Check this link:

Fake big time.

Does look decently legit in the back but the front, well, not much effort put into that.

I do not see Apple redoing the home button for one. Just does not have a Apple look to it.
post #55 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I have an HD video camera.

Something tells me the iPhone video will disappoint a tad bit.

Yes, especially if people are expecting iPhone video to shoot 720-24p and 720-30p AVCHD video with 100fps slow-motion feature as well.

What HD video camera do you have? I am looking for a decent 720p one with 100fps slow motion capability.
post #56 of 162
Quote:

FINALLY!

VIDEO.

Now the GF and I can get back to taking videos.

Could you, uh, post such videos, uh, for us to... umm... judge the new iPhone video quality?
post #57 of 162
Quote:

If they are keeping the current iPhone 3G 8GB, then, "Would you like a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS?" makes no sense in terms of marketing/ sales/ etc. Too confusing.

Like, someone walks in to an Apple Store, says, "Hi, I'd like iPhone 3Gs"... "Er, madamé, do you mean a few iPhone 3G units, or the new iPhone 3GS?"... "I told you, iPhone 3Gs...!!! WTF"

I don't think it's terribly complicated, it's still a lot easier to handle than nearly any competitor. But it would be unlike Apple to do so, you have to go back to pre-Jobs to find something like that.
post #58 of 162
While I like Gruber, he has proven to be quite unreliable in his predictions....
post #59 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by over View Post

I really wish I believed that Hell existed..

Ah, but it does. And guess what?

You're in it!
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
post #60 of 162
3GS

GS?!?!

GS needs to stay buried along with its original first name... wait for it... Apple ][... Apple ][gs. Hmmm did I just date myself big time?

D
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #61 of 162
You guys do realise he said that was its CODENAME! Not its product name.
post #62 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by metavoy View Post

While I like Gruber, he has proven to be quite unreliable in his predictions....

Has he? My impression is that he has a pretty good track record, although I could be wrong.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #63 of 162
Quote:

Check this link:

That would be nice.
post #64 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

You guys do realise he said that was its CODENAME! Not its product name.

Usually codenames are something so people don't know what you're talking about, e.g. "Nehalem." It would be unusual if iPhone 3GS was the codename.
post #65 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by over View Post

I'm just sick that this story/forum thread is at the top of Google News.
I really wish I believed that Hell existed, because that's the appropriate place for people who think what Apple does is newsworthy.

Did you read the article before posting?

If so, you think it's newsworthy.

If not, why complain here? Complain to Google.
post #66 of 162
Quote:

BTW I will personally crap in my pants if Apple actually says, here is the all new, all exiting, iPhone 3GS ... 3G..S...Wha?

That nomenclature makes no sense. I think it's just a codename at this stage. iPhone 3G Video or iPhone Video makes more sense.

Why are people getting upset about it? It's just a designation. One letter. It's not even on the front of the phone.
post #67 of 162
Sounds like the hardware will be much the same albeit more RAM options and maybe a faster processor.

Honestly, after 2 years I'm looking for something fresh in design. I suppose there's not much that can be done when the entire face of the phone is a screen. How about some artwork on the back eh?

What would be neat (wink wink) is if a front facing camera were behind the screen.
post #68 of 162
Quote:

Check this link:

I'd be coming from 500 miles away and beat you there! That is freaking awesome!!! AWESOME!!!
post #69 of 162
Quote:

FINALLY!
VIDEO

How do you do video on a Nokia 1100/1101?

Does it have a detachable camera?

Note:- This is the worlds largest selling phone with over 200 million sold.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #70 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Sounds like the hardware will be much the same albeit more RAM options and maybe a faster processor.

Honestly, after 2 years I'm looking for something fresh in design. I suppose there's not much that can be done when the entire face of the phone is a screen. How about some artwork on the back eh?

There should be a small redesign. The ear speaker may shift upwards, there's supposed to be a matte back for better grip and style, and no metal bezel. That's what the rumours are anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

What would be neat (wink wink) is if a front facing camera were behind the screen.

DEFINITELY. If there is a front-facing camera it will not be in a "hole". It should be discretely behind the glass like the iSight cameras.

Imagine though, if the REGULAR back camera HAD NO "HOLE" but that would mean a glass back.
post #71 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoriusM View Post

I'd be coming from 500 miles away and beat you there! That is freaking awesome!!! AWESOME!!!

You'll have to climb over my dead, trampled body first...!!! OH THE INSANITY.
post #72 of 162
Battery life is frankly the only feature, which may have appeal for serious iPhone admirers. However, we're quite uncertain about products, which are not recommended by Steve Jobs.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

post #73 of 162
Quote:

We expect that each OS revision will be a little more power efficient (thought 15-20% wont liekyl happen with just an OS update), but this is about the new iPhone hardware.

I hope I am wrong but this could be the biggest WWDC yawn ever.
post #74 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

I hope I am wrong but this could be the biggest WWDC yawn ever.

I might be tempted to flush an Apple product down the toilet in rage if new iPhones are NOT announced.
post #75 of 162
Quote:

Check this link:

Quote:

You'll have to climb over my dead, trampled body first...!!! OH THE INSANITY.

I have got a Lockheed Blackbird SR-71 fuelled and sitting on the runway waiting for if they announce that phone, I may have 5,000 miles to travel but I WILL be there before both of you, and I will have the bays loaded for use of disrupting ANYONE who tries to get there before me! Sadly, the likelihood of that phone being released is less than that of me owning the Blackbird in the first place. But man I LOVE that concept.
post #76 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

How do you do video on a Nokia 1100/1101?

Does it have a detachable camera?

Note:- This is the worlds largest selling phone with over 200 million sold.

Its called sarcasm. Comprende?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

How many of those videos taken on a cell phone are watchable?

Actually you'd be very amazed to see what some of these other PDAs can do. Before the iPhones I had a Sprint 6700 that took great video for just a 1.3MP camera. And I was able to set her on her side for video purposes. The phone too.

Quote:

Check this link:

Beautiful. That would be nice.
post #77 of 162
Quote:

+1 for Engadget.

Here's the linky: http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/08/p...rom-wwdc-2009/
post #78 of 162
Quote:

Check this link:

Wow!
That's so HOT!

It looks so HOT! My head is gonna asplode of all the joy and lust!

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #79 of 162
news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash news flash

This just in minutes ago !.The hottest, latest news for all of us news junkies to feed our rumour habit's.

<< Cloud's gather over R I M, may mean bad news for the storm.>>

Of note the fact that there is real quote's in the article make's for a good read. There is no new info at all. Zippo

++++++++++ cut and paste below ++++++++++ http://www.financialpost.com/news-se...tml?id=1673217

Clouds are gathering over Research In Motion Ltd.'s BlackBerry Storm and its other consumer-oriented handsets as the battle over next-generation smartphones heats up this summer.

On Monday, Apple Inc. is widely expected to introduce the next iPhone at its Worldwide Developers Conference in California, while Palm Inc.'s long-awaited Pre, pictured, went on sale in the United States on the weekend. Both the iPhone "Pro" as some have dubbed it, and the Pre are the latest in a new era of handheld do-it-all wireless devices with sleek designs and even sleeker software that interacts effortlessly with the Web. Alongside a slew of smartphones that carry Google Inc.'s touted Android operating system, they're expected to put pressure on sales for RIM's Storm and Curve, the Waterloo, Ont.-based company's top-selling handsets.

Equity analysts and media have been speculating for weeks that Apple will unveil its third version of the wildly successful iPhone at its annual gathering with developers in San Francisco. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company isn't likely to gamble with a winning formula in the iPhone 3G, analysts say. The touchscreen design will remain unchanged, but what's inside will be better, faster and stronger than what predecessors offered.

The new device will boast a beefed-up 3.0 operating system with more memory and a quicker processor making for better responsiveness, said Mike Abramsky, equity analyst at RBC Capital Markets.

Combined with new features like push notification, RBC expects the iPhone to continue to be the top choice for consumers in the United States.

"We see iPhone's superior user experience, further innovations [and] breadth of applications sustaining its leadership position against the pending launches from Android, BlackBerry and Palm," Mr. Abramsky wrote in a note to clients last week.

Apple doubled its share of the global smartphone market to 10% last quarter, while RIM increased its hold to about 20%. The BlackBerry maker, which has become the top-performing smartphone maker in the world as incumbents like Nokia and Motorola continue to lose momentum, will also have to contend with the Pre, which went on sale in the United States on Saturday and is slated for a Canadian launch later this year.

The new device from Palm combines the best from the iPhone and BlackBerry's designs, offering both a touchscreen and slide-out keyboard. The device also boasts WebOS, Palm's new operating system that analysts say is a powerful salvo in the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company's attempt to outpace Apple and RIM, and now Google. The latter's Android will also put pressure on RIM, analysts say.

Citi Investment Research analyst Jim Suva said the flurry of releases are akin to "shooting the rapids for RIM shareholders." "We expect RIM shares to face trickier waters over the next few weeks."

RIM's response to the growing cavalcade of competition will be a raft of new and improved products of its own. "RIM is expected to launch a broad range of handsets [in the coming year]," Mr. Abramsky said. First will be an updated Curve, which will go on sale in the United States as early as next month, the analyst said. There's also developing hype around a model named "Niagara" by some, or "Tour" to others, which is touted to be an executive-level or enterprise-focused product like the Bold, which will help maintain RIM's grip on corporate users.

Analysts expect the new offerings to keep RIM, which reports financial results June 18, from losing ground in the medium term. "We expect a Tour announcement in the coming months and would use any [share price] weakness around Palm's Pre ramp at Sprint or Apple's development conference to add long positions," wrote Broadpoint AmTech analyst Mark McKechnie in a May 27 note.
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #80 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I would love to see that new design that was posted above, but I don't see the home button being an Apple designed part of it. It just doesn't really look right I guess. I doubt Steve Jobs would have approved of that.

Steve Jobs is retiring today.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Last-minute rumor: iPhone 3GS with longer battery life at WWDC