or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference

Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference

post #1 of 167
Apple today will kick-off its 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote presentation led by marketing chief Phil Schiller at 10:00 am Pacific time (1:00 pm Eastern). AppleInsider will provide live coverage from the event here.

Please note, there is no need to reload this page. The applet (below) will auto update with text and photos once the keynote begins. In the meantime, readers are free to submit comments that will be filtered by moderators.

Live from Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference
post #2 of 167
I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the new product releases because either the information announced has already been known, or they believed in rumors that were not true. Happens every time!

Events like this were more exciting when the information announced was actually a surprise for people.
post #3 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Events like this were more exciting when the information announced was actually a surprise for people.

so, was that last bit a complaint?
post #4 of 167
Quote:

I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the new product releases because either the information announced has already been known, or they believed in rumors that were not true. Happens every time!

The surprise is always there, regardless: For those rumors that are borne out, the surprise arrives sooner, that's all; for those that are not, SURPRISE!!
post #5 of 167
http://store.apple.com/

the store is down.... I hope that means something =)
post #6 of 167
If they do release something, I would think it would be later this week, like on Friday.
post #7 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortal View Post

http://store.apple.com/

The store is down.... I hope that means something =)

Its down and that means about a million clocks have started ticking down until its back. Filled with all sorts of new goodies.

I will wait this out at the
'cows with guns website "

Peace

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #8 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

If they do release something, I would think it would be later this week, like on Friday.

The store is down. Its happening right now! Come back here right now and sit with us. Coffee ?
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #9 of 167
I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the updated Mac Mini.

Oh wait, they have already done that. What is the product that everyone claims is going to come out now every time Apple has any sort of event?

\

Oh yeah!!!

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the Mac Tablet. Yeah!!!

Or maybe not.

Personally I am not expecting anything more than some software updates and possibly the iPhone update that everyone knew was coming at the end of last years event.
post #10 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple today will kick-off its 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote presentation led by marketing chief Phil Schiller at 10:00 am Pacific time (1:00 pm Eastern). AppleInsider will provide live coverage from the event here.

Please note, there is no need to reload this page. The applet (below) will auto update with text and photos once the keynote begins. In the meantime, readers are free to submit comments that will be filtered by moderators.

Live from Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference

Hmm.
Can someone tell me why in 2009 we still don't have live streaming?
Anyone have spoiler free link?

Thanks. Hope we are all happy today.
post #11 of 167
Quote:

By everyone, of course you mean Techdud?
post #12 of 167
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
post #13 of 167
You can chat without any admin at www.myorbit.at/chat. The chat at appleinsider is closed very soon.
Click at the link, it's my site, really, and the chat is pretty cool, to kill the time till the keynote.
post #14 of 167
Hi, we've created "iPhone Developer" community for this event to share live photos from WWDC among us. Please download "Big Canvas PhotoShare" from iTunes app store (it's free, of course), join the "iPhone Developer" community (it's on the top of "New Communities"), and start posting your live photos from WWDC to this community. This is a great to way to make connection with other iPhone developers. We will announce more events during WWDC. Please stay tuned!
post #15 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

Can someone tell me why in 2009 we still don't have live streaming?

In case someone exposes their breast(s)?
post #16 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

No complaints here today - I love it all. All of it. I drink the drink today!
Bring on Steve!
post #17 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the Mac Tablet. Yeah!!! :

Usually, a double negative makes a positive; however, when you use, "Yeah! Sure!" that's probably the only known example of a double positive making a negative.
ADS
ADS
post #18 of 167
Expectations are, as usual, way too high, based on rumours, speculations, etc.
post #19 of 167
"K guys. We're taking our seats."

K guys, maybe next time you can try "K folks".
post #20 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the updated Mac Mini.

Oh wait, they have already done that. What is the product that everyone claims is going to come out now every time Apple has any sort of event?

That would be the xMac, of course.

It's really coming this time.
post #21 of 167
Chat to kill the time till keynote starts at www.myorbit.at/chat
It's in english.
post #22 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by M24o View Post

Chat to kill the time till keynote starts at www.myorbit.at/chat
It's in english.

The chat over there is filled with trolls and ms fan boys.
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #23 of 167
Wow, 75 million OS X users.
post #24 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

The chat over there is filled with trolls and ms fan boys.

There's no such thing as MS fanboys. Just users desperately trying to justify lousy products from a mediocre company.
post #25 of 167
I'm liking the specs and price on the low end MBP.
post #26 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

No complaints here today - I love it all. All of it. I drink the drink today!
Bring on Steve!

Start your complaining engine TechStud! New MacBooks with a non-replaceable battery! Lasts 7 hours, but I am sure that won't be long enough for you. LOL. No ExpressCard slot on the 15" anymore. They replaced it with an SD slot instead.
post #27 of 167
I'm impressed so far with the improved MacBook Pro line.
post #28 of 167
Can someone tell me what's happening? I can't get the live page to work (I'm on a crappy PC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosxp View Post

I'm liking the specs and price on the low end MBP.
post #29 of 167
10:14 PT - DM: Standard configs: $1199 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of memory, 9400M graphics, 160GB hard drive, SD card slot; $1499, 2.53GHz, 4GB memory, 250GB hard drive. And it's available today. And that completes the MacBook Pro family. Most affordable lineup ever.

10:13 PT - DM: 13-inch can also take up to 8GB; up to 500GB of storage, or 256GB SSD. The built-in backlit LED keyboard is standard as well. And it's got FireWire 800 port. MacBook Pro deserves it. So the 13-inch is bumped up to "MacBook Pro" and it starts at just $1199. Less expensive than the 13-inch aluminum MacBook it replaces.

10:11 PT - DM: And then there's the 13-inch unibody design. Updated, with the same built-in battery. It gets up to 7 hours of battery life. 2 hours longer than before, 40% more battery life, same dimensions. It has the new 60% greater color gamut display. And it has the SD card slot as well. Challenge to fit (looks like there may be no audio input?). At what point isn't this a MacBook Pro? What can we add to make it a MacBook Pro?

So does the MacBook no longer exist??? Is it now called the MacBook Pro 13, 15, and 17? The MacBook Air finally got a realistic price drop.
post #30 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Can someone tell me what's happening? I can't get the live page to work (I'm on a crappy PC).

Go to MacRumors Live.
post #31 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Don't forget his aliases/bed-buddies ItalianKid and Seahawk Fan. They're cranking up their whining generators as we speak.
post #32 of 167
Are graphics cards in the new MBP the same?
post #33 of 167
Quote:

10:14 PT - DM: Standard configs: $1199 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of memory, 9400M graphics, 160GB hard drive, SD card slot; $1499, 2.53GHz, 4GB memory, 250GB hard drive. And it's available today. And that completes the MacBook Pro family. Most affordable lineup ever.

10:13 PT - DM: 13-inch can also take up to 8GB; up to 500GB of storage, or 256GB SSD. The built-in backlit LED keyboard is standard as well. And it's got FireWire 800 port. MacBook Pro deserves it. So the 13-inch is bumped up to "MacBook Pro" and it starts at just $1199. Less expensive than the 13-inch aluminum MacBook it replaces.

10:11 PT - DM: And then there's the 13-inch unibody design. Updated, with the same built-in battery. It gets up to 7 hours of battery life. 2 hours longer than before, 40% more battery life, same dimensions. It has the new 60% greater color gamut display. And it has the SD card slot as well. Challenge to fit (looks like there may be no audio input?). At what point isn't this a MacBook Pro? What can we add to make it a MacBook Pro?

So does the MacBook no longer exist??? Is it now called the MacBook Pro 13, 15, and 17? The MacBook Air finally got a realistic price drop.

Wow , refurbs are going to be cheap cheap..

What is SD? Can you use eSATA with SD?

FIREWIRE BACK, told you it was NOT SPACE, of course, they probably dropped the gpu down. Oh well, good for audio.
post #34 of 167
Thanks, I'm there JupiterOne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Go to MacRumors Live.
post #35 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Go to
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/08/p...rom-wwdc-2009/

Basically, it's less expensive, better specs, and it has an SD slot.

And there is still a MacBook - the white one.
post #36 of 167
ahhhhh I just bought a macbook pro and of COURSE they revamp it. ALWAYS happens to me.
post #37 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

What is SD? Can you use eSATA with SD?

SD = Secure digital as in little meory card in cameras & cell phones.
post #38 of 167
The live coverage applet just crapped out on me. Anybody else?

EDIT: it's going again.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #39 of 167
so with SL it looks like Apple and MS are working very closely together. i wonder what the secret agreement is
post #40 of 167
Will address book photo contacts be in "Cover Flow" format?
Cubist
Cubist
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference