or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference - Page 5

post #161 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Thanks for the clarification.

So we finally agree. At that point (well, for the first few months), you were in fact wrong (the posts bear out repeatedly and I'd argue insistently, but feel free to disagree on that). Then later you realized you were wrong (I guess instead of actually admitting you were wrong, you just stopped posting about the subject? correct me if I'm mistaken on that).

Glad we could finally agree that those posts were wrong and put this to rest.

Cheers.

Sigh!

Ok, for the LAST time!

In the beginning, several financial writers said that Apple said that they would sell 10 million phones in the 2008 financial year.

That year begins with the last quarter in the previous calendar year.

Like a lot of other folks, I saw no reason to doubt what they said Apple had said.

Later, once that was cleared up, I saw that it was incorrect, and I agreed that Apple said they would sell 10 million units during the 2008 calendar year.

Some people, such as yourself apparently, and correct me if I'm wrong in that though it seems so from your posts here, have argued also that "in" 2008 doesn't mean the same thing as "by the end of 2008", which is the way I was describing the situation.

The reason why I was saying by the end of rather than in, was because some people were insisting still, that it meant end of June or July, somehow, and a few were still insisting that it mean 12 months from the introduction of the original phone. My argument was with them then.

I was saying that those two terms were the same, which I still do.
post #162 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Some people, such as yourself apparently, and correct me if I'm wrong in that though it seems so from your posts here, have argued also that "in" 2008 doesn't mean the same thing as "by the end of 2008", which is the way I was describing the situation.

Selling 10M in 2008 is the same as selling 10M starting at the beginning of 2008 and reaching the goal by the end of 2008.

Selling 10M in 2008 is NOT the same as selling 10M total including those sold in 2007 (which is what many people insisted, that they would have sold 10 million overall by some point in 2008 - usually misquotedly phrased as "apple will have sold 10M iphones by the end of 2008" which apple never said).
post #163 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Selling 10M in 2008 is the same as selling 10M starting at the beginning of 2008 and reaching the goal by the end of 2008.

Ok, I guess it couldn't be the last time.

Yes, that what I said.

At least we agree on that.

Quote:
Selling 10M in 2008 is NOT the same as selling 10M total including those sold in 2007 (which is what many people insisted, that they would have sold 10 million overall by some point in 2008 - usually misquotedly phrased as "apple will have sold 10M iphones by the end of 2008" which apple never said).

Yes. I agree with your saying about that too.

If you somehow think that that's what I said when I said by the end of 2008 ( that it meant Apple will have sold 10m phones by the end of 2008), it wasn't. the first point was what I meant, which I now hope is finally cleared up.
post #164 of 167
Don't stop. Keep going. This is really important, not to mention fascinating.
post #165 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithofwonder View Post

I was hoping for "Oh and one more thing", have Jobs walk out and...

*sigh*

I know, I know... but they did the right thing by not letting Steve's status overshadow any announcements.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #166 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbrook View Post

"K guys. We're taking our seats."

K guys, maybe next time you can try "K folks".

you serious? grab a life.
post #167 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

There's no such thing as MS fanboys. Just users desperately trying to justify lousy products from a mediocre company.

I set up the chat for you guys, i even set the language to english, and you say, that there are only fanboys for f***** Microsoft?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference