or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple stores to open 8 a.m., AT&T stores 7 a.m. for iPhone 3G S

Apple stores to open 8 a.m., AT&T stores 7 a.m. for iPhone 3G S - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Is anyone actually expecting a huge crush for this product?

It's hard to imagine stores being much busier than normal on the 3GS release date. To the general public, the slightly revised iPhone isn't that exciting. The masses probably won't be lining up like they were for the original or 3G release. 3G was highly anticipated. Mainstream media had been harping on that features since the inception of the iPhone. It isn't like every single review has been commenting that the iphone was slow and lacked a compass. By contrast, nearly every review mentioned the lack of 3G prior to the 3G release.

There are significant changes, but they aren't as highly anticipated. This time around, Apple is actually downplaying many of the differences in favor of presenting a more unified platform to the public.
post #42 of 48
I'd be happy for a nice, empty store. Then I can go in there on Friday morning and get one without having to queue
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Is anyone actually expecting a huge crush for this product?

It's hard to imagine stores being much busier than normal on the 3GS release date. To the general public, the slightly revised iPhone isn't that exciting. The masses probably won't be lining up like they were for the original or 3G release. 3G was highly anticipated. Mainstream media had been harping on that features since the inception of the iPhone. It isn't like every single review has been commenting that the iphone was slow and lacked a compass. By contrast, nearly every review mentioned the lack of 3G prior to the 3G release.

There are significant changes, but they aren't as highly anticipated. This time around, Apple is actually downplaying many of the differences in favor of presenting a more unified platform to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

I'd be happy for a nice, empty store. Then I can go in there on Friday morning and get one without having to queue

YES!!!

I'm trying to convince as many people as possible to buy it online so they won't have to wait in line, and then I won't have to wait as long either!
post #44 of 48
Hmm

I hope you guys are right and there isn't a giant demand. I may go there for 6am or so and check it out....for the first time ever doing something like that.

I just know I'll be really PO'ed if I get up early and get there for 6 and there are 20 people waiting and it was all for nothing lol.
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post

Hmm

I hope you guys are right and there isn't a giant demand. I may go there for 6am or so and check it out....for the first time ever doing something like that.

I just know I'll be really PO'ed if I get up early and get there for 6 and there are 20 people waiting and it was all for nothing lol.

Buy it online. I assume these customers will have a device waiting for them and haw a seperate queue that should be consoderbaly faster since you've already paid and been approved.

I think this will easily be the largest iPhone weekend to date. Every ow who I know with an iPhone is getting the new one and I know a lot of people getting their their first iPhone this week. Even my mother is trying one, which I find very surprising. I've tried to talk her out of it... for many selfish reasons.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Buy it online. I assume these customers will have a device waiting for them and haw a seperate queue that should be consoderbaly faster since you've already paid and been approved.

I think this will easily be the largest iPhone weekend to date. Every ow who I know with an iPhone is getting the new one and I know a lot of people getting their their first iPhone this week. Even my mother is trying one, which I find very surprising. I've tried to talk her out of it... for many selfish reasons.

Well I already pre-ordered it from the local AT&T store and I'm getting 3 other lines on the new account. The manager said if I come back she'll wave all 4 line activation fees and on the 2 for 1 Vu's, she'll give me the rebates instantly in store instead of having to do the mail in one. Soooo I'm pretty much tied into waiting for the for me to come in at that store or going and trying to score one in the morning.

In all reality, it's not gonna kill me to wait a few days for another shipment to come in. I asked her if they get them in almost every day after that and I think she said yes.
Do any of you know this for sure? If I don't get one on day 1, when do you think my pre-ordered one would come in?
post #47 of 48
Planning to go to the Shinsaibashi Apple Store in Osaka on first day launch here in Japan. Should be fun. I've got my G3 in my pocket now, but unfortunately it is an AT&T contract for the US with a long time to run on that contract. I've heard I could have activated it for use here in Japan through AT&T, but when I checked the roaming charges I broke out laughing! I just carry it around as a cool iPod and plug it into my MBP from time to time!

Anyone else planning to go to the launch day in Japan?
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

Planning to go to the Shinsaibashi Apple Store in Osaka on first day launch here in Japan. Should be fun. I've got my G3 in my pocket now, but unfortunately it is an AT&T contract for the US with a long time to run on that contract. I've heard I could have activated it for use here in Japan through AT&T, but when I checked the roaming charges I broke out laughing! I just carry it around as a cool iPod and plug it into my MBP from time to time!

Anyone else planning to go to the launch day in Japan?

Sounds like fun. Much more interesting than the mall in Charlotte NC or the shady AT&T store. Don't click that unless you want to see my post from the original iPhone launch.

I didn't buy an iPhone way back then because I thought the initial outlay was too much. The Verizon contract I entered then is finally over - my phone should be here on the 19th !
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple stores to open 8 a.m., AT&T stores 7 a.m. for iPhone 3G S