or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 13-inch MacBook Pro teardown reveals "unimaginative" SD Card slot

13-inch MacBook Pro teardown reveals "unimaginative" SD Card slot - Page 2

post #41 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster View Post

Complete and Utter Crap!

Thank you Apple Engineers for an awful piece of design that might save us some hassle should something break?

In that case why not just dispense with the on/off button and run 24/7? That way we are protected in case the on/off button breaks and we cannot start our laptop up.

Why bother having a lid catch, we don't want to risk that breaking and us not being able to open the lid either.

Are you honestly suggesting that Apple computers are so poorly made that having an SD card operate like everyone elses is not a wise thing?

Sorry but this is really is a stupid design fault, you fanboys can spin this all you want but you will never make it look good. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Like it or not, the less moving parts you have the less likely you are to have wear and tear and breakage. The issue with the SD card doesnt look like Apple didnt want to offer an spring eject to the card but that there is no room for the card to go in all the way. Its sticking out a lot more than I would expect it to if Apple just wanted to be a finger pull system. Remember, they are still working within the same space constraints as before. They have added an SD card and FW800 ports, while removing a small Kensington lock and line-in ports, while keeping them in the same linear space constraints as before. This also required new circuitry that is more involved than a line-in port and the Kensington lock had the latch switch. Maybe next revision that can engineer some more room though I hope they do that by chucking the optical drive. Man I hate that the thing.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #42 of 98
Well, at least it will fit RS-MMC's perfectly

post #43 of 98
This must have been a design change that got approved when Steve Jobs was out of the office because he'd have literally physically kicked the engineers out of the room the second they slipped that card into the slot and left it sat there like a bare arse hanging from a window just waiting for a slapping...it reeks of Dell...

post #44 of 98
Screw the moaning about the card....

It has a sub-woofer!?!

So is the audio output any good on the Macbook Pros then?

edit: checked and it has the same sub-woofer as the white Macbook. The output on the white macbook is pretty weak, any better on the Unibodies?
post #45 of 98
Maybe one day they'll use a 1.8" SSD and free up some space that the hard drive is occupying now, and add some port space there (move the SD card and a USB port), and thus have space for ExpressCard again.

Also good for people who want some ports on the other side of the computer!
post #46 of 98
I had hopes of upgrading my 2 yr. old MBP but once I read that they moved this line to the internal battery I've decided I'm out of the market. I hate this new trend, why on earth they're forcing this down our throats I'll never know & I refuse to accept it. Apples move to Internal batteries, no netbook, no mid-size tower & slow internal hardware upgrades is getting a bit much. Like Nascar, the long time Apple supporters are starting to feel they're being ignored & left behind.
post #47 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

I just can't believe the kind of whining I am reading right now. Posts like this should never see the light. What kind of complain is that "the card doesn't enter complete, the half is out, the engineers have no imagination...", give me a REALLY BIG FUCKING BREAK! Are you a 6 years old girl? be a man please! How can you complain on that, that shows a people with too much unhappyness in his life. You will never be satisfied if you continue in that direction. The damn thing doesn't have a spring for pushing back the card? THANK GOD THEY DID IT THAT WAY. The less pieces - the better. Just imagine if the fucking spring just breaks or stop working because of use fatige. What will you do then? Then probable you will have an useless SD Card reader because of a fucking spring!! I THINK ALL SD READERS SHOULD BE LIKE THESE MACBOOKS HAVE. THESE GUYS REALLY DO THINK PROPERLY. REALLY THANK YOU APPLE ENGINEERS!!!

Apple brags about little design features like magnetic power adaptor connectors, retractible lid latches so the hooks don't get caught on anything (now replaced by magnetic latches), and display hinges slide display down and behind the bottom of the laptop so the display doesn't stick up as high and get hit by the guy sitting in front of you in coach when he lowers his seat back. They revel in telling us how their sleep indicator light has a slow, soft pulsing instead of a quick, boring flash.

So they have demonstrated that they are very conscious of the design aesthetic and space around your laptop. And they love to tell us about it. The SD slot design doesn't not live up to the standards Apple has established for itself. And Apple isn't so afraid of moving parts that it prevented them from putting the entire trackpad on a hinge and spring in order to make it one big button!

Spring loaded slots are in practically every camera out there, and I've never heard of one failing because the spring broke. I'd be more concerned about a broken SD card with half of it jammed inside of the slot and unable to get it out. If you think that the only use of the slot is to put a card in, download your photos, and take it out, we are neglecting a whole world of possibilities for use of the slot (boot drive, Time Machine backups, etc).

Would that SD slot design stop me from buying a MacBook Pro? No (but the lack of an ExpressCard slot might because that's what I really need...different topic). But isn't it great that Apple designs such great hardware that the only thing we have to complain about is this!!
post #48 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Screw the moaning about the card....

It has a sub-woofer!?!

So is the audio output any good on the Macbook Pros then?

edit: checked and it has the same sub-woofer as the white Macbook. The output on the white macbook is pretty weak, any better on the Unibodies?

yeah, I came here to ask about the subwoofer too. What's the deal with THAT? is it a typo?
post #49 of 98
I don't get the hoopla about the SD card. Most SD card readers, peripheral at least (I use a desktop), don't capture the whole card. Besides, how would you grab the card to pull it out? If it captured the entire thing, Apple would then have to place a physical ejector button on the side, and I can only assume that the Apple fanboys would freak out because their Macbook would sported an ugly side button. Pick your battles I guess, no?
post #50 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

"half the card hangs out of the side of the computer."

The new SDXC has capacity up to 2TB (repeat 2TB) per card and much faster speeds. Don't know if the new Mac SD slot can handle it or not or the exFAT format if it's required or not.

2 TB on that little tiny card.

So that large external hard drive i just bought is now junk ?

I can now hold more data in the palm of my hand than every book ever writen ??

If hubble was alive today.

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #51 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot9201 View Post

I had hopes of upgrading my 2 yr. old MBP but once I read that they moved this line to the internal battery I've decided I'm out of the market. I hate this new trend, why on earth they're forcing this down our throats I'll never know & I refuse to accept it. Apples move to Internal batteries, no netbook, no mid-size tower & slow internal hardware upgrades is getting a bit much. Like Nascar, the long time Apple supporters are starting to feel they're being ignored & left behind.

I would like to see a replacable battery too, but I must say, the trade off for more time VS swappability is a reasonable move. in a former job as a Windows admin, I polled my 75 laptop usders to find how many used the $200 2nd batteries we bought them, the results were stunning, 1 sales engineer and an executive (who watches downloaded movies on trans continental flights) used the 2nd batteries, but both admitted it woulda been just as easy to plug in (I guess first class has plugs, I wouldn't know )

The batteries that I mention were rated for like 3 houirs, so they got from 90 to 120 MIN at best, the 7 hour apple battery may acctually get 3-4 HRS...so for over 90% of users, that is fine, and as Apple said regaurding the cardbus slot, they no longer give a fuck about the 5%.

and as to nascar, I dont care about it any more because the first 3/4 of the season dont matter, screw the "chase to the race for the chase for the winston er sprint er nextel cup).
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #52 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I can't believe this is an issue. I've waited 8 years for an SD card slot- WHO CARES! The SD card slot in itself is fantastic! Thank you , thank you Apple.

We will print and frame this post for future laughs.apple loves you back.
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #53 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

I just can't believe the kind of whining I am reading right now. Posts like this should never see the light. What kind of complain is that "the card doesn't enter complete, the half is out, the engineers have no imagination...", give me a REALLY BIG FUCKING BREAK! Are you a 6 years old girl? be a man please! How can you complain on that, that shows a people with too much unhappyness in his life. You will never be satisfied if you continue in that direction. The damn thing doesn't have a spring for pushing back the card? THANK GOD THEY DID IT THAT WAY. The less pieces - the better. Just imagine if the fucking spring just breaks or stop working because of use fatige. What will you do then? Then probable you will have an useless SD Card reader because of a fucking spring!! I THINK ALL SD READERS SHOULD BE LIKE THESE MACBOOKS HAVE. THESE GUYS REALLY DO THINK PROPERLY. REALLY THANK YOU APPLE ENGINEERS!!!

Time for your nap dude. Milk and cookie's later.

People here are just chit chatting .

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #54 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I can't believe many of the posts here. Put SD card in, download whatever, pull SD card out. Yay. Done. Spring-loaded magnetic induction whatever. Balls to that.

(Yes I'm to confused by all the posts to make a coherent one myself)

Then misplace SD card? Why not just just have a proper slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferfromuk View Post

This must have been a design change that got approved when Steve Jobs was out of the office because he'd have literally physically kicked the engineers out of the room the second they slipped that card into the slot and left it sat there like a bare arse hanging from a window just waiting for a slapping...it reeks of Dell...

Same as the name iPhone 3GS, he's gonna be pissed when he gets back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Apple brags about little design features ..........

Would that SD slot design stop me from buying a MacBook Pro? No (but the lack of an ExpressCard slot might because that's what I really need...different topic). But isn't it great that Apple designs such great hardware that the only thing we have to complain about is this!!

Excellent post. Completely agree.

Even 7 years after buying my Ti PowerBook people still comment on how nice the PCMCIA slot is with the cover and push button. Nowadays a card reader lives in the slot and is completely flush so I can keep a SD/Memory Stick in there and not worry about bending it or losing it.
post #55 of 98
In the 25 or so years I have been a Mac user and fan , this seems to be a typical design vs. cost ( and probably availbility) decision Apple seems to make with initial /new model releases . This is a beautiful piece of equipment ! Typical of the Apple we all love and support . I am among those that this desigh decision will cost Apple a sale,But only inatially ! I have been waiting for a 13" mbp to replace a 12" pb. I think I'll avoid the first release of this model, wait until they install a flush mounting slot , lets face it for a true portable from the # 1 manufacturer and designer in the world , this really is another one curious , if not embarrassing desigh decision. We all know what will happen with the first bump, say when you're on a plane, using it and the sleeping person next to you jerks awake in theie sleep amd accidentially bumps it !
Yup ! I'll wait for the proper flush mount version , then get one with a large ssd , hopefully more than 4 gb of ram , the next generation CPU , maybe even a quad core , good superdrive as the only moving part and few other things that hopefully come with a more mature model. I'll be fine for now . Hell . . . maybe I'll even look at the Air seriously, then again . . .
post #56 of 98
$1200 but a half ass SD card slot. It's almost like Apple really didn't really want to include the slot and as a big f.u only allowed the card to go half way in. Sweet.
post #57 of 98
Quote:

Apple brags about little design features like ... lid latches ... sleep indicator light ...

After my last post, I was on Apple's web site reading up more on the new MBPs, and lo-and-behold, they spend an entire paragraph on their magnetic lid latch and another paragraph and pop-up video bragging about the sleep indicator light!

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/design.html

There are only two sentences (on another page) about the SD slot.
post #58 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_xxl View Post

$1200 but a half ass SD card slot. It's almost like Apple really didn't really want to include the slot and as a big f.u only allowed the card to go half way in. Sweet.

Wait til the blu-ray drives arrive- tray style!
post #59 of 98
Seriously, why are people upset with this? It's obviously designed with photographers in mind for quick photo transport. As a photographer I am so glad to have this quick means of file exchange available plus the firewire for video transport. And the reason it doesn't stick out of a camera is that it's usually the main means of camera storage. So I really don't get the comparison at all.
Finally, would you walk around with a USB stick attached to your computer? NO. Same thing.
post #60 of 98
I understand that a spring-loaded SD card slot that keeps the card flush would be ideal, but have you people looked at the teardown pics? There's no room. Nada. Nathan. Zip.

I admit I was disappointed when I discovered this, but I'm happy there's FW800 & a SD card slot where there was none before. I'm also happy it's bootable, and OS X recognizes an inserted card pretty damn quickly too.
Cheers,
Yuta
Cheers,
Yuta
post #61 of 98
Looking at the tear down I think it could be pulled in a little, especially if you swap its position with the Ethernet port.
post #62 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_xxl View Post

Have You Even Seen THE NEW machine ?? Have you even seen how it works ?
Have you seen the break down of the 13 in and how incredible it was to fit the SD card it in at all?

The real estate on the mac book air and the MBP 13" is fully packed with fantastic goodie's and wrapped around it is a fantastic uni body. Every single goodie and uni body DEMANDED A TRADE OFF from somewhere else.

An sd card reader with a usb or fire wire connection will help your fears of a 1/2 half out of the slot SD CARD, causing some damage or whatever.

To me , I feel all you sd card people who are so upset should not except the new SD MBP.Go buy a net book or dell. Apple only wants people who can recognize genius,not cry babies' who pick falsely a part the finest LAPTOP ever made.

The whole MBP line is the greenest computer ever made. In fact its greener than almost any thing sold in best buy right now. Only pencils are greener.

no mbp for you dude !!

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #63 of 98
Quote:

Wait til the blu-ray drives arrive- tray style!

Bingo

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #64 of 98
LOL. My thought exactly. 3G-S...like WTF! It's not even 3G-V for like Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Same as the name iPhone 3GS, he's gonna be pissed when he gets back.
post #65 of 98
"half the card hangs out of the side of the computer."

Thank you, Apple !
It's much easier to eject the SD card from new MBP than from PC Notebook !
If you're using Dell, then you have all the chances for your card to be EATEN !
post #66 of 98
Both designs have advantages. At times it would be nice to be fully inserted. At times it would be nice for the card to be partially hanging hanging out.

Apple is forced to balance these two desires.

It sure is comical though to read from people who have not even considered that such a tradeoff was consciously evaluated. Apparently they think Apple just chose one way at random without ever considering the other.

Not that I'm saying the decision was right or wrong. Rather, that Apple concluded that it was more advantageous to have the card hanging part way out. Probably because it is easier to use and is less prone to mechanical failure. The tradeoff is that leaving a card inserted for longer periods of time means that it or the SD slot is more likely to be physically damaged.
post #67 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

It's also noted that the mid wall dividing the MacBook Pro is now attached to the top case, unlike in previous models where it was was held in by four Phillips screws. iFixit believes this may be a move on Apple's part to help out its do-it-yourself customers.

I do not understand what they mean, can anyone explain?
post #68 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

It sticks out only 1/3rd of an inch, about 1/3rd the length of the card.

But isn't that enough that you can't leave it in and put it in your laptop bag without worrying about it snapping off?

Especially since this can be a bootable drive or backup drive, which you'd want to leave in all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I can't believe many of the posts here. Put SD card in, download whatever, pull SD card out.

You could probably believe those posts better if you actually read them. There are users who could benefit from uses where they leave the card in all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Besides, how would you grab the card to pull it out?

Seriously, don't people read the comments before posting? There are spring loaded releases where all you have to do is push the card itself and it pops out. They have been on cameras and other devices for years, and they work fine.

Quote:

Seriously, why are people upset with this? It's obviously designed with photographers in mind for quick photo transport.

Because they could have designed it with everyone in mind, not just photographers?

Quote:

Finally, would you walk around with a USB stick attached to your computer? NO. Same thing.

I probably would in some situations if it could be flush with the computer instead of sticking out. And I don't consider it the same thing.
post #69 of 98
Quote:

Seriously, why are people upset with this? It's obviously designed with photographers in mind for quick photo transport. As a photographer....

Translation: This does all I want it to do, who cares if it does what you want?

All in all I would have liked to see a spring loaded slot, but the one they chose isn't too bad, especially given the space considerations. I expect that eventually Apple will move to a spring loaded slot, just because it fits in with their designs aesthetics so much better.
post #70 of 98
Haven't tried one out yet, but from those pics it does seem really odd that they'd have the card hanging out like that.

Perhaps Apple knows something we don't? Is SD going to get a size-alteration in the next gen? More likely, is a card with the same connectors but different form factor going to come out that may work with this slot?

I find it hard to believe they'd make this glaring a mistake...

Jimzip
"There's no time like the present, and the only present you'll never get, is time." - Me
"There's no time like the present, and the only present you'll never get, is time." - Me
post #71 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

Apple pulls the ExpressCard/34 slot and replaces it with a crippled SD card slot!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

It wouldn't be so painful a deletion had you been able to leave the SD card in the slot when you put the thing to sleep and back into your bag to travel.

I can leave the ExpressCard/34 SD card reader INSIDE my MacBook Pro and still stick the thing into my pack and travel. I could certainly live with a $10 SD card reader for a supposedly PROFESSIONAL Macintosh!

How about an eSATA slot instead? Now, THAT's PROFESSIONAL!

MANY times I wonder about Apple's designers! Or their handlers...
They go 98% of the way and screw up logical details!

eSATA? The single worst plug I've seen on a cable for years. THey don't stay plugged in and when they do you can't unplug it. THe shear number of them I've had to repair because they snapped off in the port is crazy too.

Not saying you don't use the Express slot, but there aren't many express card slot peripherals out there are there? We don't sell a single one in the store I work for which has a larger selection of Mac Hardware than the AppleStore in town. not arguing there aren't any, I'm just not familiar with any. Much more use is going to be made of the SD card slot (which BTW I think is a brilliant Idea to not have it go all the way in so it is easy to remove)
post #72 of 98
Quote:

All you need is an ExpressCard slot and a $20 adaptor and you'd be able to use any memory card commonly used except CF (too wide to fit with ExpressCard slot Apple used, it would fit if they had used the larger format). And it would even sit flush with the laptop so you could just keep it there.

This is why I think this is such a ridiculous change. I think a better choice to satisfy the folks who were whining about the lack of built-in SD support, Apple should've simply made that $20 EC card reader a BTO option. I think I actually paid only $15 for mine, and it generally lives in the slot about half the time. The other half of the time it's replaced with my EC/34 UMTS 3G card. A $200 device that has now just been obsoleted by a decision to provide a less flexible option to cater to non-pro users who are purchasing a pro computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

I was thinking if they got rid of the CD drive I could get another HD.

They haven't done this, but you can...
post #73 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

eSATA? The single worst plug I've seen on a cable for years. THey don't stay plugged in and when they do you can't unplug it. THe shear number of them I've had to repair because they snapped off in the port is crazy too.

Not saying you don't use the Express slot, but there aren't many express card slot peripherals out there are there? We don't sell a single one in the store I work for which has a larger selection of Mac Hardware than the AppleStore in town. not arguing there aren't any, I'm just not familiar with any. Much more use is going to be made of the SD card slot (which BTW I think is a brilliant Idea to not have it go all the way in so it is easy to remove)

Since they've chosen to eliminate the flexibility of the ExpressCard slot, I don't think replacing it with an eSATA port would be the right choice, as that wouldn't be something a whole lot of users would use (I think it's safe to say that a much larger percentage of people out there will use the SD slot).

As for ExpressCard devices, the format hasn't taken off the way PCMCIA did, probably because of the availability of high speed USB that was not around when PCMCIA was created. However, there are still a lot of interface devices: wireless networking (cellular 3G, for example), eSATA, card readers, etc. Most of them are found via mail order and are not stocked due to their limited popularity.

I still argue that leaving the ExpressCard slot allowed for far more flexibility, and in my case freed up a USB port when traveling with my 3G card (which I use frequently).

I dunno. Perhaps Apple wanted to save money, and tying a SD reader into the USB bus was cheaper than providing EC access to the system bus...
post #74 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

[
The new SDXC has capacity up to 2TB (repeat 2TB) per card and much faster speeds. Don't know if the new Mac SD slot can handle it or not or the exFAT format if it's required or not.

I know that you are gung-ho about the new SD-specification, but you are failing to understand one basic thing: just because it supports up to 2TB in size, does NOT mean that the card will actually have that capacity. It just means that as time goes on and capacities goes up, the spec will support those bigger cards as well. But the first SDXC-cards will have about the same capacity as normal SDHC-cards do.

No, we will NOT suddenly start having SD-cards with hundreds of gigabytes of capacity.

SDHC-spec supports cards up to 32GB. The spec was released in 2006, yet we are only now starting to see 32GB SD-cards. Just because they are coming up with a spec that scales to 2TB does NOT mean that such cards will actually be available in the immediate future.

There's a difference between specification supporting something, and the hardware being actually available.
post #75 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames42 View Post

Since they've chosen to eliminate the flexibility of the ExpressCard slot, I don't think replacing it with an eSATA port would be the right choice, as that wouldn't be something a whole lot of users would use (I think it's safe to say that a much larger percentage of people out there will use the SD slot).

As for ExpressCard devices, the format hasn't taken off the way PCMCIA did, probably because of the availability of high speed USB that was not around when PCMCIA was created. However, there are still a lot of interface devices: wireless networking (cellular 3G, for example), eSATA, card readers, etc. Most of them are found via mail order and are not stocked due to their limited popularity.

I still argue that leaving the ExpressCard slot allowed for far more flexibility, and in my case freed up a USB port when traveling with my 3G card (which I use frequently).

I dunno. Perhaps Apple wanted to save money, and tying a SD reader into the USB bus was cheaper than providing EC access to the system bus...

Hmmm...Cellular 3G card in an Express 32 slot is like driving an Enzo to go get a gallon of milk isn't it? What if they just added another USB port?
post #76 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifle View Post

Who cares if the SD card hangs out. I actually *think* I prefer that for speed of use. I'm just glad it's there. Oh, and did it crack anyone else up that only Apple could garner so much positive attention for finally including technology that's been standardized in the rest of the notebook world for years?

Is it bootable? *That* would be killer!

Agreed, this has got to be one of the dumbest complaints ever. People think they can build it better, apply for a design & engineering position at Apple or quit your whining.
post #77 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyHippy View Post

Translation: This does all I want it to do, who cares if it does what you want?

NO- who cares that it doesn't do what you want it to do. Go buy more storage at time of purchase and partition your hard drive if it means that much to you.
post #78 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Seriously, don't people read the comments before posting? There are spring loaded releases where all you have to do is push the card itself and it pops out. They have been on cameras and other devices for years, and they work fine.

You should talk- didn't you read that section of my prior post? Why didn't you quote that?

Those devices use those cards as their primary source of storage- that's why they are locked into the device. You're making a totally insane comparison.
post #79 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezekiahb View Post

Agreed, this has got to be one of the dumbest complaints ever. People think they can build it better, apply for a design & engineering position at Apple or quit your whining.

Can you believe it? Apple gives them something they never had before on a Mac and all they do is BITCH!
post #80 of 98
Really doesn't need an SD slot. For people with Cameras, just transfer via WiFi and it all shows up in iPhoto.

And for SD conectivity, just pick up a cheap USB/SD card adapter, and you can use it in any USB slot anywhere.

But I guess it's a convenience anyway, so fair enough. And Apple might have deeper intentions reagrding SanDisk, anyway.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 13-inch MacBook Pro teardown reveals "unimaginative" SD Card slot