or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T already sold out of launch day iPhone 3G S pre-orders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AT&T already sold out of launch day iPhone 3G S pre-orders - Page 2

post #41 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It's doubtful. Unlike Palm and Sprint, Apple and AT&T have nothing to prove at this point. If they run out, it's because more people have decided to get one than was expected.

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Face it the iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Link, http://cnettv.cnet.com/face-iphone-s...-50072059.html

I know not as many people read CNet as AppleInsider so their public thrashing probably didn't have any impact on those that are considering either making a new purchase or upgrading.

There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path (Yes they signed a contract but Apple Users feel that they deserve better than a contract).

Apple & AT&T has very much to prove to all but the very Apple Faithful.

You can buy a touch screen at 7-11 these days and their are many very good multi tasking touch phones with great Android and HTC OS's, you clearly see the Pre as the only competitor to Apple.

The market has changed in a year and last I saw, BlackBerry had the number 1,3 & 5 spot. 25% of BlackBerry new contracts are consumer based not business related.

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.
post #42 of 191
Last year Apple had to fly iPhone's in for weeks because they could never meet demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl999 View Post

Is this a marketing ploy to limit supplies on the first day to ensure it sells out? Just to ship more stock in a few days later...

Considering that these iPhones are made in Asia and shipping takes weeks (by sea at least) to get them to the US / Europe / Australia etc., they are probably already in warehouses in the relevant regions.

It makes positive headlines if it does "sell out" but even bigger negative ones if it doesn't!
post #43 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Why my iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

I know not as many people read CNet as AppleInsider so their public thrashing probably didn't have any impact on those that are considering either making a new purchase or upgrading.

There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path (Yes they signed a contract but Apple Users feel that they deserve better than a contract).

Apple & AT&T has very much to prove to all but the very Apple Faithful.

You can buy a touch screen at 7-11 these days and their are many very good multi tasking touch phones with great Android and HTC OS's, you clearly see the Pre as the only competitor to Apple.

The market has changed in a year and last I saw, BlackBerry had the number 1,3 & 5 spot. 25% of BlackBerry new contracts are consumer based not business related.

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.

I'm tired of you repeating this over and again.

I know you just love to bash here, but it won't work.

Despite what some think, the difference between the networks isn't as great as you want to believe.

Is AT&T the best? No, they are not, but they are ok, for most people most of the time, and even Verizon has its problems.

There are good reasons why both AT&T and Verizon are gaining customers at a good pace, and why Sprint is losing them at a good pace.

All carriers have about the same upgrade policies as AT&T. I got screwed twice by Sprint on upgrades, and I've got friends that had problems with those from Verizon, so don't make things up about that as well.

Verizon has a good network, but they suck to work with, and tightly control everything that goes on it. There is no way Apple would have been able to practically revolutionize the cell industry they way they have if they agreed to Verizons' terms. And if you doubt they have, just check all the other smartphones that have been released in the past 18 months or so to see for yourself.

If they began with Verozon people such as yourself would be complaining that the iPhone is the same as every other phone.

I know you want to create trouble here, but don't bother, most of us are beyond you.
post #44 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Why my iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Until Verizon has a phone that uses as much data as the iPhone, we don't know bow well their network would handle the load.



Quote:
There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path

There have been many articles written about people complaining about AT&T upgrade path. From none of the reliable sources have I seen articles agree with the complaints. AT&T upgrade is standard across the industry.
post #45 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Warning! (off topic security/privacy alert)

Delete your browser History often as a web CSS exploit can read it. No Javascript required.

See here: (site may be overloaded.)

http://www.making-the-web.com/misc/sites-you-visit/

Back to topic.

Thanks .Now i won't sleep at all tonight.

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #46 of 191
This article shows one good reason why the iPhone is as important as it is, and why Apple has nothing to prove to some people.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/12/iph...ch-iphone.html
post #47 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.......

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.

Groan. There you go again.

Either you'll be wrong, or you'll be right.

If you are are wrong, would you please shut up.

On the other hand, if you're right, you win, so would you please shut up.
post #48 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

...

Verizon has a good network, but they suck to work with, and tightly control everything that goes on it. ...

As opposed to Apple and the iPhone. Kind of a lame argument when you think about it.
post #49 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

This article shows one good reason why the iPhone is as important as it is, and why Apple has nothing to prove to some people.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/12/iph...ch-iphone.html

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up with articles that don't agree with the assessment from very well thought of sites.

It's not worth my time as you are clearly will only accept an article if it's written to benefit Apple.

Not much of a moderator if you can't at least look at another point of view.
post #50 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

As opposed to Apple and the iPhone. Kind of a lame argument when you think about it.

You don't seem to have a real reply, do you?

I thought your entire last post was lame, as did more than a few others.
post #51 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up articles that don't agree with the assesment from very well thought of sites.

It's not worth my time as you are clearly will only accept an article if it's written to benefit Apple.

Not much of a moderator if you can't at least look at another point of view.

I noticed that in your wonderful post, you did nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

Before you criticize, understand what you're saying.

I don't need to agree with you, and it has nothing to do with my being a mod.

Go on some other sites and disagree with a mod, and you're banned.
post #52 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

CNet ran a video review last week. "Face it the iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Link, http://cnettv.cnet.com/face-iphone-s...-50072059.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #53 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I noticed that in your wonderful post, you did nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

Before you criticize, understand what you're saying.

I don't need to agree with you, and it has nothing to do with my being a mod.

Go on some other sites and disagree with a mod, and you're banned.

Will there be a Seahawk Fan 3.
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #54 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Will there be a Seahawk Fan 3.

I don't like to have people banned for making dumb remarks to me.
post #55 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't like to have people banned for making dumb remarks to me.

How about for purposely trying to derail threads? Forum vandalism, if you will.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #56 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up with articles that don't agree with the assessment from very well thought of sites.

It's not worth my time as you are clearly will only accept an article if it's written to benefit Apple.

Not much of a moderator if you can't at least look at another point of view.

To make you happy:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/23...g-very-strong/

http://www.infoworld.com/t/platforms...ing-iphone-458

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/20974/

I can supply a lot more.
post #57 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How about for purposely trying to derail threads? Forum vandalism, if you will.

Well... we all do that at times.
post #58 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Well... we all do that at times.

I dont mean getting off topic. I mean purposely trying to derail the thread by using inciting remarks. AKA, trolling.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #59 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I dont mean getting off topic. I mean purposely trying to derail the thread by using inciting remarks. AKA, trolling.

Maybe. We've gone through that at times. We've cut some people off for that recently, but they've also used abusive language. You know who they are.
post #60 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T do need to do some damage recovery after the outrage by current 3G iPhone owners.

Outrage? By people who were too stupid or lazy to read and understand their contract?

You know what I think? I think there will be quite a few people paying full price to get it.

I won't be one of them, but I'm also not stupid enough to whine like a petulant child with some overinflated sense of entitlement.
post #61 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How about for purposely trying to derail threads? Forum vandalism, if you will.

The person has the right to continue being a douche bag; and I expect them to invest in Palm stock if it turns their crank. I'm making money in Apple stock.
post #62 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

The person has the right to continue being a douche bag; and I expect them to invest in Palm stock if it turns their crank. I'm making money in Apple stock.

Well, I wish I had bought Palm stock earlier this year when they first announced the Pre. "Buy on rumours, sell on news” was in full effect for Palm this year. There stock is up 14x since January.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #63 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Maybe. We've gone through that at times. We've cut some people off for that recently, but they've also used abusive language. You know who they are.

Yeah. There seems to have been an uptick in the last month or two of persistent trolls. They may generate some short-term interest in the forum as the arguments proliferate, but in the end they leave me with less interest in following the threads they infect because there is no discussion--only argument for the sake of argument. I appreciate people with different or even contrarian views as long as there is some sense at honest dialogue. They are like poison ivy--you want to scratch and it may feel good for a second, but you know it doesn't help anything and in fact makes it worse!
I have no problem with the mods warning or banning the obvious trolls with a quicker trigger...

...Back to the topic: In my opinion (yes, I have no facts) I think Apple would love for there to be talk of shortages, or possible shortages, in the media while in reality there is near universal availability. Of course, to keep the talk of sell outs going there would have to be some truth to it--that is where the at&t stores come in. If a few at&t stores run out it doesn't hurt Apple much--especially if there are other sources (Apple stores, online, Best Buy...) that are stocked. Meanwhile, at&t couldn't complain too much as they are in desperate negotiations to increase their exclusivity contract with Apple...
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
post #64 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Until Verizon has a phone that uses as much data as the iPhone, we don't know bow well their network would handle the load.

bingo. The iPhone has the highest data utilization rate of any mobile device.

Primarily because unlike most other mobile devices it actually *is* usable.
post #65 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Outrage? By people who were too stupid or lazy to read and understand their contract?

Yeah. I am having trouble squaring this with the surveys trying to show that iPhone users are more educated and sophisticated than the average smartphone user!

Quote:
... but I'm also not stupid enough to whine like a petulant child with some overinflated sense of entitlement.

Thank you!
In repayment, us bleeding edgers will work out the new version's kinks and at&t's network stresspoints before you upgrade...
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
post #66 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

As opposed to Apple and the iPhone.

here's the difference. Verizon's restrictions have fostered more then 10 years of stagnation.

Apple's control has fostered the biggest revolution in the mobile industry and an Appstore with over 50,000 apps in under a year.

Quote:
Kind of a lame argument when you think about it.

Your right, your argument is extremely lame.
post #67 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I'm tired of you repeating this over and again.

I know you want to create trouble here, but don't bother, most of us are beyond you.

I think Seahawk Fan and Seahawk Fan 2 (aka "Teckstud") knows he is beyond himself too!
post #68 of 191
Remember online communication is no substitute for real and rewarding face to face conversation.

The smile on her face, the wink she gives you when you make her laugh. The way the light shines on her hair.

Seeing a good friend in the store, meeting friends at the bar. Tossing the ball with the kids.

Helping out your neighbor with their lawn, then taking their boat out for a afternoon of fishing.

Humans were not designed to communicate behind a keyboard. Because over 50% of the communication humans rely upon, body language, is not present.

Thus there will be pent up frustration and flame wars.


Quote:
There comes a time in life
when you have to let go of all the pointless drama
& the people who create it...
& surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good...
after all life is too short to be anything but happy!!
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #69 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Remember online communication is no substitute for real and rewarding face to face conversation.

The smile on her face, the wink she gives you when you make her laugh. The way the light shines on her hair.

Seeing a good friend in the store, meeting friends at the bar. Tossing the ball with the kids.

Helping out your neighbor with their lawn, then taking their boat out for a afternoon of fishing.

Humans were not designed to communicate behind a keyboard. Because over 50% of the communication humans rely upon, body language, is not present.

Thus there will be pent up frustration and flame wars.

Most people wouldn't dare say the same things in person that they say online.
post #70 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't like to have people banned for making dumb remarks to me.

Especially Seahawks fans, they are retarded enough as it is


well just checked ... still no funky message


Product / Part No. \t \t \t \t
Qty
\t \t
IPHONE 3G S BLACK 32GB-USA
MB717LL/A
\t \t
\t \t
1
\t \t
Custom configuration
| Show Hide
With AT&T Rate Plan
\t\t\t\t\t\t
Ships: Delivers by June 19th
post #71 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Face it the iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Link, http://cnettv.cnet.com/face-iphone-s...-50072059.html

I know not as many people read CNet as AppleInsider so their public thrashing probably didn't have any impact on those that are considering either making a new purchase or upgrading.

There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path (Yes they signed a contract but Apple Users feel that they deserve better than a contract).

Apple & AT&T has very much to prove to all but the very Apple Faithful.

You can buy a touch screen at 7-11 these days and their are many very good multi tasking touch phones with great Android and HTC OS's, you clearly see the Pre as the only competitor to Apple.

The market has changed in a year and last I saw, BlackBerry had the number 1,3 & 5 spot. 25% of BlackBerry new contracts are consumer based not business related.

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.

The cnet lady is always negative. I have reserved two at my local apple store and will be in line for the party. I have tried every service and they all have issues. Oddly enough, in San Francisco, Sprint has some of the best coverage. Price for service, AT&T is hard to beat with the family plans, corp discounts and family text messaging. Peace!
post #72 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post


You can buy a touch screen at 7-11 these days and their are many very good multi tasking touch phones with great Android and HTC OS's, you clearly see the Pre as the only competitor to Apple.

SNIP

HTC OS? are we talking windows mobile here?
post #73 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Well, I wish I had bought Palm stock earlier this year when they first announced the Pre. "Buy on rumours, sell on news was in full effect for Palm this year. There stock is up 14x since January.

Actually there's been no sell on the news yet....
post #74 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavy View Post

The cnet lady is always negative. I have reserved two at my local apple store and will be in line for the party. I have tried every service and they all have issues. Oddly enough, in San Francisco, Sprint has some of the best coverage. Price for service, AT&T is hard to beat with the family plans, corp discounts and family text messaging. Peace!

CNET is a great sourse for info .
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10...orsPicksArea.0

A good read about next yrs arm chip for the next gen iphone.
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #75 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Face it the iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

CNet will not be very happy with iPhone. I had guessed that even before reading their reviews, and here is the reason why :
1. CNet thrives on reviews of a wide variety of gadgets with wide variety of models. In case of apple/iphone they don't get enough variety to talk about. (I dont think the variety is needed, I am just saying CNet will never be happy with it)

2. CNet's business is reviewing 'gadgets'. Traditionally gadgets have lots of buttons and the job of a CNet reviewer was trying out everything and giving an opinion about which controls work great and which don't. An iPhone would be an immediate turn-off for the traditional gadget freaks. (I know it was for me since it looked plain compared to all the shiny gadgets with shiny controls that I could talk about. That was until I used iphone).
iPhone has moved its gadgety control stuff inside the the OS. For a CNet reviewer, the review of iPhone will turn into a review of OS/Software rather than hardware. They are not particularly good at that and may not be much interested in a software UI review.
3. Another thing that CNet loves to talk about is the technical specs. They compare gadgets by RAM / memory / CPU power. I believe this kind of comparison is not quite useful as every gadget uses its specs in a unique way. Comparing individual specs is not a true experience. Apple tries to discourage such comparison by not officially giving out the specs for iPhone. This is another big turn-off from gadget reviewer point of view.

So, ironically, the non-gadgety journalists are in better position to give an honest opinion about iphone than a specs minded, hardware loving, gadget guru.

Reviewing an iphone using tech specs is like reviewing a movie by its frame speed, its color processing technology, its projection technology (IMAX, 3D, normal screen) etc.
You are not in the Matrix. You ARE the Matrix. (And there are no controlling machines, simulators or the real world)
Reply
You are not in the Matrix. You ARE the Matrix. (And there are no controlling machines, simulators or the real world)
Reply
post #76 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayser View Post

Reviewing an iphone using tech specs is like reviewing a movie by its frame speed, its color processing technology, its projection technology (IMAX, 3D, normal screen) etc.

Nice analogy. Welcome to the forums.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #77 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayser View Post

CNet will not be very happy with iPhone. I had guessed that even before reading their reviews, and here is the reason why :
1. CNet thrives on reviews of a wide variety of gadgets with wide variety of models. In case of apple/iphone they don't get enough variety to talk about. (I dont think the variety is needed, I am just saying CNet will never be happy with it)

2. CNet's business is reviewing 'gadgets'. Traditionally gadgets have lots of buttons and the job of a CNet reviewer was trying out everything and giving an opinion about which controls work great and which don't. An iPhone would be an immediate turn-off for the traditional gadget freaks. (I know it was for me since it looked plain compared to all the shiny gadgets with shiny controls that I could talk about. That was until I used iphone).
iPhone has moved its gadgety control stuff inside the the OS. For a CNet reviewer, the review of iPhone will turn into a review of OS/Software rather than hardware. They are not particularly good at that and may not be much interested in a software UI review.
3. Another thing that CNet loves to talk about is the technical specs. They compare gadgets by RAM / memory / CPU power. I believe this kind of comparison is not quite useful as every gadget uses its specs in a unique way. Comparing individual specs is not a true experience. Apple tries to discourage such comparison by not officially giving out the specs for iPhone. This is another big turn-off from gadget reviewer point of view.

So, ironically, the non-gadgety journalists are in better position to give an honest opinion about iphone than a specs minded, hardware loving, gadget guru.

Reviewing an iphone using tech specs is like reviewing a movie by its frame speed, its color processing technology, its projection technology (IMAX, 3D, normal screen) etc.

C-NET HAS A TON of apple blogs, reviews and tech articles. Sometime 4 out of 5 News items are about apple something and the fifth was about firefox being at 130 million users and safari has like 3.

Most of these articles recently have praised Apple inc. Most are positive ,The more apple articles on C-NET the more hits they get,Same as fortune mag.

I can read C-NET news all night long. They have good stuff there. But I warn you take whatever they say with a grain of salt. They do take AD dollars, so those who place ads and spend money with them DO get a special deal.

Honest ?? Except for pogue, I trust the mods here more than anyone else .
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #78 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Most people wouldn't dare say the same things in person that they say online.

That's why I like being with a group of friends, there is usually somebody who knows exactly how your thinking/feeling and why, they inject just the right response to get you happy again. You return the favor naturally.

Man is a herd animal, prolong separation from the group is frustrating to him. Computers tend to isolate people unfortunately.

Online communication has it's informational rewards, but it's incomplete. People can't rely upon it as their only source of much needed daily human communication.

A blend of real and online experiences is best.

ok enough already...sounding lame here...
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
The danger is that we sleepwalk into a world where cabals of corporations control not only the mainstream devices and the software on them, but also the entire ecosystem of online services around...
Reply
post #79 of 191
Well, I pre-ordered 2 32 gig phones through Apple on June 9th.

We've never done the "wait in line" thing for an iPhone before. If we get to the store around 8am, will they only be selling to those who have "pre-ordered" for the first two hours, or will anyone be able to get one?

Just wondering if we'll actually get our pre-ordered phones that day? How long does the entire process typically take?

Thanks for your help.
post #80 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I just had Apple ship mine to my house. Says delivers on or before June 19th. I've waited 2yrs for a new phone...I can wait a few hours for it to ship to my house.

Ditto. I've waited two years for my FIRST iPhone. I love the way Apple FedExs stuff direct from China to my door.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Reply
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T already sold out of launch day iPhone 3G S pre-orders