or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders - Page 3

post #81 of 224
Any one eligible for full discount order a 3G S from both at&t and Apple? a few people on other sites say they did this and have received shipping notices from both apple & at&t
post #82 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by palter View Post

My tracking data shows the same as yours.

If we're reading this right and my other search was correct, it's on UPS flight 63 to Anchorage which is due to arrive at 3PM Alaska time today.

Looks like the two phones coming to my house are on the same flight as yours. Thanks for the flight data, I'll know when to look for an updated scan.
post #83 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo View Post

Any one eligible for full discount order a 3G S from both at&t and Apple? a few people on other sites say they did this and have received shipping notices from both apple & at&t

I ordered as a new customer on att.com last Wednesday morning (EDT). I ported my numbers as a T-Mobile convert and received the first phone yesterday, but my iPhone status is still listed as "in progress." Have also noticed similar behavior as others, credit card was reserved for $300 + tax, but now that also is no longer pending on my cc.
post #84 of 224
I placed my order on 6/13 and received my shipping confirmation today, scheduled for delivery on 6/18. I'm in St. Louis, MO.
post #85 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

This is part of a strategy to balance the activation load. Phones will arrive early and activation will be live.

The more I think about it, the more that seems likely. There's no way Apple wants the negative press they got last year.

This was my guess as well, hence why the OS upgrade is live on the 17th and most phones say they are del. on the 18th, that means by the time people wait in line on the 19th a large number of the "new customers" are already on the network, signed, sealed and delivered.
post #86 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbeard View Post

I ordered as a new customer on att.com last Wednesday morning (EDT). I ported my numbers as a T-Mobile convert and received the first phone yesterday, but my iPhone status is still listed as "in progress." Have also noticed similar behavior as others, credit card was reserved for $300 + tax, but now that also is no longer pending on my cc.

I mean order a 3G S from each company as an existing user, which should not be possible since you need a 2 year contract for each phone.
post #87 of 224
My iPhone shipped yesterday and the charge showed up on my CC today....looks like they did two reserves on the card though, one last week when I placed the order and another showed up today.
post #88 of 224
I ordered mine on Apple around 1:00pm on 6/14. It just went into "Prepared for Shipment" this afternoon! I can't wait! I've been putting off getting an iPhone up until now hoping AT&T would drop the monthly service fee a bit, but I finally gave in this time around. I'm excited!

I've yet to see any kind of charge/hold/whatever hit the credit card, I guess that'll be coming soon...

I'm at Long Island, NY btw...
post #89 of 224
this is all crazy and making me mad i just want to know if im going to have my phone on friday or what \ im all the negative faces.. thats right!!
post #90 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuur View Post

Scheduled Delivery: \t 06/18/2009 \t
Shipped To: \tCOSTA MESA, CA, US

I'm going to go with UPS on this one. Still, this is faster shipping from China for free than I've gotten from some Amazon 3rd party shipments where I've paid. Go Apple!

agreed, and not just cause the UPS date sounds better!

costa mesa huh? i'm in newport beach right now. hello neighbor!

assuming the phone gets here in the next couple days, i'm considering going down to fashion island on friday to take videos (using the 3gs) of people standing in line at the apple store

more for an amusing memory of it, not to post on youtube or anything
post #91 of 224

I ordered mine the night of the keynote and it still hasn't shipped, but a new "OBERTHUR AT&T POST PAID SIMM-HF-USA" item has been added to my open orders. It's set to ship "within 24 hours" and deliver "Jun 17 - Jun 18." Looks like the sim card maybe? Anybody know?

UPDATE: Apple sent me an email notifying me that my iPhone shipped with a defective sim card, and that they are also overnighting me a replacement sim card. I don't see how it could have shipped with a defective sim card if Apple's site says it still hasn't shipped though...
post #92 of 224
Here in the UK, we can't pre-order from O2. I'm just going to ring them at 8am on Friday morning and hope for the best!
post #93 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

agreed, and not just cause the UPS date sounds better!

costa mesa huh? i'm in newport beach right now. hello neighbor!

assuming the phone gets here in the next couple days, i'm considering going down to fashion island on friday to take videos (using the 3gs) of people standing in line at the apple store

more for an amusing memory of it, not to post on youtube or anything

I hear rumor that there are several hundred pre-orders for the apple store by me as well, of course i'm going to be at the gym taking pics of girls in front of me on the ... I mean, yup at the apple store taking pics of the lines!

Are we going to be able to post them here if anyone get's any line shots that are amazing, for the iPhone launch here in San Diego there were about 400 people in line (several the night before) waiting for release.
post #94 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Here in the UK, we can't pre-order from O2. I'm just going to ring them at 8am on Friday morning and hope for the best!

I didn't think the UK was getting them for about a month? \
post #95 of 224
Who thinks Google will launch Latitude for iPhone on Friday? Me.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #96 of 224
ANCHORAGE,
AK, US \t06/16/2009 \t1:48 P.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

WHOOOOOOT!! I can FEEL it ...
post #97 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

ANCHORAGE,
AK, US 06/16/2009 1:48 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

I am so envious that you have some confirmation that it is on the way. I'm still waiting for my shipping confirmation and I ordered the morning of the 9th from AT&T.
post #98 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

ANCHORAGE,
AK, US \t06/16/2009 \t1:48 P.M. \tARRIVAL SCAN

was just going to post the same thing. i cant believe how excited i am its ridiculous
post #99 of 224
My iPhone has made the trip from Hong Kong to Anchorage.... It should be able to make it to NC by tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I was late with that one I see. Obviously I'm not the only one watching a UPS tracking number too much.
post #100 of 224
Oh no ! June 17 delivery date dropped off when iPhone landed in Alaska....
post #101 of 224
yeah mine too, i heard rumors they are killing the delivery date because of all the news stories and dont want people to think people are getting the phones early
post #102 of 224
Quote:

yeah mine too, i heard rumors they are killing the delivery date because of all the news stories and dont want people to think people are getting the phones early

I talked to my UPS guy today when he was dropping off a Zappos order. He knew nothing about the iPhones coming. But he's also a Dallas Cowboys fan...

I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that it might say OUT FOR DELIVERY in the morning. But the sliver is way smaller than it used to be.
post #103 of 224
most likely it has 'do not deliver until 6/19/09' on the top of the box, but i'm holding out on a little bit of hope too, at least for 6/18. tomorrow is going to be one hell of a long day
post #104 of 224
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US \t06/17/2009 \t2:04 A.M. \tTHE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh come on

no to mention the fact it's in KY....
post #105 of 224
agreed!!! i'm in cali close to alaska why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky? they must have shipped ALL of them there in the middle of the country and plan to ship them all out from there. they better not wait till the 19th tho! i wont get it till the week after or something
post #106 of 224
Quote:

agreed!!! i'm in cali close to alaska why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky? they must have shipped ALL of them there in the middle of the country and plan to ship them all out from there. they better not wait till the 19th tho! i wont get it till the week after or something

I got this too "The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested".

This is because everyone suppose to get them on the release date not earlier. It was done before and expected.
post #107 of 224
it just makes us worried that we will get it after the release date, even though it was promised by apple.

i'm sure it will be fine though...
post #108 of 224
I ordered at 12:30pm on 6/15 and still says "preparing for shipment." My credit card called me this evening and asked for confirmation... made it sound like there was a hold on my account. Hopefully that didn't hinder the shipping process. I move Saturday afternoon to school o.O

My page still says "Delivers by June 19" though. I'm putting my hope into Apple now.
post #109 of 224
All I have is "Delivers by June 19th" still. When should I be getting an email?
Get a matte screen cover and quit whining...glossy displays rock.
Get a matte screen cover and quit whining...glossy displays rock.
post #110 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I got this too "The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested".

This is because everyone suppose to get them on the release date not earlier. It was done before and expected.

Yep. This is the way it has worked in the past for Apple pre-orders.
post #111 of 224
Quote:

why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky?

It's no coincidence that the iPhones are in Louisville. That's where the main hub for UPS is. All international packages go through this hub.
post #112 of 224
What's worse is that they dont specify the new delivery date. Assuming it's held back until the 19th, they won't deliver until around 1PM. What's the point of preordering if you're gonna get it after someone who just went to an AT&T or Apple Store. They should at least deliver the 18th. The stores have them already anyways. And what's with 3.0? Shouldn't it be out yet?
MBP 2.33 Core2Duo
Power Mac DP 1.25 (Finally about to become obsolete with Snow Leopard, OS Wise anyway)
PowerBook G4 500MHz (My Fax Machine)
MBP 2.33 Core2Duo
Power Mac DP 1.25 (Finally about to become obsolete with Snow Leopard, OS Wise anyway)
post #113 of 224
Woohoo!

I just went from "prepared to ship" to Shipped! Just this morning at about 5:30 a.m. EST.

It's still in china, but at least it's moving.
post #114 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanito View Post

What's worse is that they dont specify the new delivery date. Assuming it's held back until the 19th, they won't deliver until around 1PM. What's the point of preordering if you're gonna get it after someone who just went to an AT&T or Apple Store. They should at least deliver the 18th. The stores have them already anyways. And what's with 3.0? Shouldn't it be out yet?

Wasn't it clear when buying the phone that it wasn't available until the 19th? (honest question)

The point of pre-ordering is to ensure you get one even if they sell out. Also, most people have jobs. Some of them find it convenient to have the phone waiting for them when they get home rather than having to drive to a store, which can be as far as few hours away.
post #115 of 224
Quote:

why the hell is my package on hold in friggen kentucky?

I once had my package held in Kentucky, but that's another story....

ba dum dum!
post #116 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Wasn't it clear when buying the phone that it wasn't available until the 19th? (honest question)

The point of pre-ordering is to ensure you get one even if they sell out. Also, most people have jobs. Some of them find it convenient to have the phone waiting for them when they get home rather than having to drive to a store, which can be as far as few hours away.

Precisely my point. I have a job, own business even, across the border in Mexico so I can't pick it up until late at night after closing. Sure it's a sure thing, but it would have been nice to have it at least the evening before so I could actually use it on the 17th. Oh well.
MBP 2.33 Core2Duo
MBP 2.33 Core2Duo
post #117 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Yep. This is the way it has worked in the past for Apple pre-orders.

Where were you two when I was being called a killjoy for stating this earlier.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #118 of 224
My phone has been "Prepared for Shipping" for a solid 24-hours. When is it actually going to start moving?? If it's on it's way here it's one thing, but if it's just sitting somewhere in China, well that's just frustrating
post #119 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

My phone has been "Prepared for Shipping" for a solid 24-hours. When is it actually going to start moving?? If it's on it's way here it's one thing, but if it's just sitting somewhere in China, well that's just frustrating

As I recall from last year, but I cant be completely certain, is that not all phones were scanned in prior to flying. Some just popped into existence when they were processed in the US. Good luck!
post #120 of 224
Ordered mine from AT&T on the 9th. Still showing in progress!! I live in Anchorage, sounds like the phones made quick stop here and kept going.

Hopefully they dropped a few of here.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders