or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Biggest Threat to Obama's Health Care "Reform" - Reality
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Biggest Threat to Obama's Health Care "Reform" - Reality - Page 13

post #481 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Then I would submit that your position is vastly out of the mainstream, your suspicions notwithstanding.

Sadly, you are correct. In general, there is widespread disregard for the Constitution and the other founding documents upon which our country was founded.

Most people have never read them.

Today, it's all about "good intentions".

Unconstitutional government programs - instituted under the guise of "good intentions"- are a big reason we find ourselves in the precarious situation we are in today.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #482 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Yes, they are unconstitutional.

Didn't the supreme court rule that SS was constitutional?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #483 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So, Social Security, Medicare, Pell Grants-- also unconstitutional?

What do you expect him to say? He supported birthers a few threads ago. He supported the tea-baggers a few more threads back. He supports armed militias at town halls. He supports Nazi propaganda. He supports uncivil discourse as a means of "killing" reform. He supports the conservative media's attempt to use radical and dangerous rhetoric in order to get the president murdered.

Why argue with these people when they are so far removed from reality that they have no choice but to put their hatred above the country every time. They have no ideological purity anymore. They have no sacrosanct principles that they won't violate in order to score a political point or two.

The fact that they've betrayed their own rhetoric from the last eight years is very telling.

They're liars and they're hypocrites of the worst order.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #484 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

What do you expect him to say? He supported birthers a few threads ago. He supported the tea-baggers a few more threads back. He supports armed militias at town halls. He supports Nazi propaganda. He supports uncivil discourse as a means of "killing" reform. He supports the conservative media's attempt to use radical and dangerous rhetoric in order to get the president murdered.

Why argue with these people when they are so far removed from reality that they have no choice but to put their hatred above the country every time. They have no ideological purity anymore. They have no sacrosanct principles that they won't violate in order to score a political point or two.

The fact that they've betrayed their own rhetoric from the last eight years is very telling.

They're liars and they're hypocrites of the worst order.

You couldn't be more wrong about me and what I believe. Your assertions about me are half-truths or outright lies.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #485 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

Buddhism.

Many religions believe similar things, yes.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #486 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I don't know that "care" is an emotion so much as it is a blanket term for a bunch of other emotions (it is not on your list of emotions, but "care/love" is), but anyway. "Care," as an emotion, is irrational. Period. It is not something conducted with reason; it is something conducted with the heart. It is, again, completely irrational, divorced from reason.

Irrational and divorced from reason? You say this and you've never supported your assertion except to post links to vague examples of dissection of sub definitions.

Emotions aren't irrational.

Here's some definitions from the dictionary:

emotion: a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others
irrational: not logical or reasonable.
logical: natural or sensible given the circumstances
reasonable: able to think, understand, or form judgments by a logical (natural or sensible given the circumstances) process

Therefor;

Emotions are logical (natural or sensible given the circumstances) and since they are natural given the circumstances, they are reasonable.
post #487 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Irrational and divorced from reason? You say this and you've never supported your assertion except to post links to vague examples of dissection of sub definitions.

Emotions aren't irrational.

Here's some definitions from the dictionary:

emotion: a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others
irrational: not logical or reasonable.
logical: natural or sensible given the circumstances
reasonable: able to think, understand, or form judgments by a logical (natural or sensible given the circumstances) process

Therefor;

Emotions are logical (natural or sensible given the circumstances) and since they are natural given the circumstances, they are reasonable.

My days of taking this debate seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

You asked for sources to back up this inane argument. I gave you one. You didn't like it. Then I gave you 36 million. Then you ignored it. Now you're quoting from the dictionary, which actually says that emotion is "a natural instinctive state," which proves my fucking point that emotion is instinctive and not a rational ("logical or reasonable") process. Then you post clarifying definitions about reason having to do with thinking, understanding and forming judgments by logical processes, which also proves my point.

And yet you insist that emotions are somehow not irrational.

What? Is it a problem of definition? Surely not. You posted them up there. You certainly know that "irrational" means that something occurs outside of logic or reason. You certainly know that "reasonable" means something having been arrived at by the use of reason and logic.

Ahhhh. Wait. You seem to think that this

"by a logical (natural or sensible given the circumstances) process"

means "understandable." Is that it? That you think "reasonable" means "understandable" and not "having been arrived at through logic"? That "sensible" means "understandable" and not "having been arrived at through the faculty of "sense" (as in _Sense & Sensibility_)? That "natural" means something other than "Huh. I guess the round peg does fit in the round hole, after all"?

Because as I said earlier, there's not much point talking about this is we can't even see eye to eye about what the words mean.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #488 of 2360
Quote:
The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. - James Madison, Federalist no. 45

The Federal government was never intended to have the power it now has. And certainly, it was never intended to administer health care. If anything, it should be a matter left entirely to the states to decide.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #489 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The Federal government was never intended to have the power it now has. And certainly, it was never intended to administer health care. If anything, it should be a matter left entirely to the states to decide.

Like slavery?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #490 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You couldn't be more wrong about me and what I believe. Your assertions about me are half-truths or outright lies.

Your written record here is your written record. I'm sorry if your vehement support for radicalism in this country is why I've completely written you off as having no credibility.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #491 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Many religions believe similar things, yes.

Christianity the largest of all, promotes the superiority of humans over animals and other creatures. which is in my opinion the largest threat to mankind. Buddhism, Hinduism do not. Holy cow?

Jesus, the true socialist and huge supporter of socialized health care, led the sickened poor to bathe in the spas of the rich. For free. He viewed all of mankind as his family. What a Tass.
post #492 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Your written record here is your written record. I'm sorry if your vehement support for radicalism in this country is why I've completely written you off as having no credibility.

Again I say that you have made statements about me containing lies and half-truths (which are also lies). Your assumptions about me are erroneous, and your statements are nothing more than a pathetic attempt to discredit and/or silence me.

Let me address the points you raised so there is no question as to where I currently stand on the issues.

Quote:
He supported birthers a few threads ago.

I still believe that there are questions about Obama's past that remain unanswered, and that many of those questions could be answered if Obama released his long-form birth certificate. Stating that I supported "birthers" is an attempt to discredit me based on the negative perception of "birthers" as perpetuated by Obama's supporters and the mainstream media.

Quote:
He supported the tea-baggers a few more threads back.

Yes, I support the "right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances". See the First Amendment. Again, this is an attempt to discredit me based on the negative perception of the Tea Parties as perpetuated by Obama's supporters and the mainstream media.

Quote:
He supports armed militias at town halls.

An outright lie.

Quote:
He supports Nazi propaganda.

An outright lie.

Quote:
He supports uncivil discourse as a means of "killing" reform.

An outright lie.

Quote:
He supports the conservative media's attempt to use radical and dangerous rhetoric in order to get the president murdered.

An outright lie.

I invite you to address the content of my posts and why you agree/disagree with them, rather than constantly attacking me.

That said, people do change. People do evolve. For example, the more I research and learn, the more I realize that I am beginning to lean heavily toward the Libertarian ideology. 2 years ago, if you had asked me, I would have stated that I was a Republican.

So keep that in mind when reading posts made by me even from a couple months ago. My views may have evolved since then.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #493 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Because as I said earlier, there's not much point talking about this is we can't even see eye to eye about what the words mean.

I quoted the dictionary. You pulled un-cited wiki posts and google search links.

You want to assert that emotion isn't rational, then do so... it's not my fault the dictionary disagrees.
post #494 of 2360
I mean, if you guys really insist on claiming that this is a Christian Nation (which it isn't, but just for the sake of argument here), isn't there nothing more Christian than feeding, housing, and providing medical care for everyone, regardless of means? Fuck, the Democrats should just start Bible thumping to push this through. If everyone is going to switch roles, might as well.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #495 of 2360
BR, as I live and breath.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #496 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I quoted the dictionary. You pulled un-cited wiki posts and google search links.

You want to assert that emotion isn't rational, then do so... it's not my fault the dictionary disagrees.

Did you notice where I pointed out that the quotes you offered proved my point? You didn't? Ah. Ok.

/me looks down nervously at feet

Oh. I'm getting a call on my mobile. Excuse me.

/me steps away from this "discussion"
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #497 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Fuck, the Democrats should just start Bible thumping to push this through. If everyone is going to switch roles, might as well.

No shit.

I suspect, though, that after demonstrating clearly that there's no point in trying to debate with TEH CRAZY the dems will just pass it via budget reconciliation.

As an aside, I had dinner with a few political scientists this evening, and one of them suggested to me (and I don't think I buy this) that the republican base has spent 8 years pissed off about Bush's spending but unable to say anything and now they're just exploding in a kind of cathartic, um, catharsis.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #498 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

... Jesus, the true socialist and huge supporter of socialized health care, led the sickened poor to bathe in the spas of the rich. For free. He viewed all of mankind as his family. What a Tass.

Where did Jesus talk about taking wealth from others and giving it to those who had none? The way he addressed it that I can recall was through a conscious decision on the part of the person with the money.

Quote:
16 And behold, one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?" 17 And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." 18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?" 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." 22 But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieved; for he was one who owned much property.
23 And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 "And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25 And when the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?" 26 And looking upon them Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:16-26).

"Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Luke 12:33-34).

"No one of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions" (Luke 14:33).

Ahh but perhaps you are also being a bit loose with your interpretations also, you know, to liven things up...?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #499 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Where did Jesus talk about taking wealth from others and giving it to those who had none? The way he addressed it that I can recall was through a conscious decision on the part of the person with the money.



Ahh but perhaps you are also being a bit loose with your interpretations also, you know, to liven things up...?

Yes, wouldn't that be awesome? A world where each person was utterly at the mercy of his or her particular circumstance, save for the charity of strangers.

Born blind and poor? Well, maybe the local Christians will take pity, maybe not. Better get to work figuring something out.

I'm sure that's what Jesus had in mind.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #500 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post


I'm sure that's what Jesus had in mind.

He did! He just didn't see Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries coming!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #501 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post


Would you extend that to the well-to-do who avoid paying taxes via the agency of tax shelters, off shore accounts, and highly paid accountants on retainer charged with discovering and exploiting every available loophole?

Two words: Flat Tax.


I was aiming at the misinformation that Obama's plan would cover illegals.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #502 of 2360
Utah instituted an optional flat tax last year and loads of people went for it.

My accountant said that almost everyone who did was in his office freaking out about how much they had to pay now that they'd given up those deductions. Flat tax sounds good. Flat tax sucks, in reality.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #503 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Where did Jesus talk about taking wealth from others and giving it to those who had none? The way he addressed it that I can recall was through a conscious decision on the part of the person with the money.



Ahh but perhaps you are also being a bit loose with your interpretations also, you know, to liven things up...?

Wow, you absolutely do not get it at all. That's amazing. The laws of the time allowed people to go into your field and take what you need to survive. Socialism is NOT taking wealth from others and giving it to the those who have none.
Christianity plays on guilt to get people to fork over cash. It's the "LAW" you got some you gotta give also known as "TITHING" 10%. The first "socialist" tax.
I am completely stunned by the ignorance you display.

You painted yourself in a corner, friend.
post #504 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

Wow, you absolutely do not get it at all. That's amazing. The laws of the time allowed people to go into your field and take what you need to survive. Socialism is NOT taking wealth from others and giving it to the those who have none.
Christianity plays on guilt to get people to fork over cash. It's the "LAW" you got some you gotta give also known as "TITHING" 10%. The first "socialist" tax.
I am completely stunned by the ignorance you display.

You painted yourself in a corner, friend.

Tithing was giving to God 10%. Also known as the first fruits. It was not instituted by Jesus. That was instituted in the old testament.

A lot of relevant verses on what the tithe was setup for can be found here. http://www.wonderful1.com/The_Bible_on_Tithing.html An interesting read actually. There are lots of people who think they know best, and I am not necessarily endorsing the guys interpretation, just pointing out the verses.

Jesus neither instituted the tithe, nor did he institute the law you speak of regarding going into someones field and taking what you want.

Remember I said, where did Jesus talk about that. Not what did the laws of the day allow for or require. An easy slip in logic.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #505 of 2360
A conversation I had with a member here about tithing, starts here, post 472 and goes for a couple of pages.
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=tithe&page=12
Interesting how coercion can be applied if you believe.
post #506 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Tithing was giving to God 10%. Also known as the first fruits. It was not instituted by Jesus. That was instituted in the old testament.

A lot of relevant verses on what the tithe was setup for can be found here. http://www.wonderful1.com/The_Bible_on_Tithing.html An interesting read actually. There are lots of people who think they know best, and I am not necessarily endorsing the guys interpretation, just pointing out the verses.

Jesus neither instituted the tithe, nor did he institute the law you speak of regarding going into someones field and taking what you want.

Remember I said, where did Jesus talk about that. Not what did the laws of the day allow for or require. An easy slip in logic.

Laws were not his to institute. Jesus had to follow JEWISH LAW. Or be arrested and xed for being a socialist.
post #507 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

The laws of the time allowed people to go into your field and take what you need to survive.

That is the single worst explanation of gleaning that I have seen in my life.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #508 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

That is the single worst explanation of gleaning that I have seen in my life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleaning

Quote:
Gleaning is the act of collecting leftover crops from farmers' fields after they have been commercially harvested or on fields where it is not economically profitable to harvest. Some ancient cultures promoted gleaning as an early form of a welfare system. For example, ancient Jewish communities required that farmers not reap all the way to the edges of a field so as to leave some for the poor and for strangers


Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #509 of 2360
Adding a little fuel to the fire:

Socialism is Practical Christianity

The view of socialism presented is rather rosy, but it does offer some interesting alternate interpretations of the Bible vs Socialism.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #510 of 2360
waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute. You mean to tell me that the central message of Christianity isn't "Fuck off, you lazy bastards! Get away from my stuff!"??
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #511 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post

Laws were not his to institute. Jesus had to follow JEWISH LAW. Or be arrested and xed for being a socialist.

Well now you are on a different subject altogether. Jewish law was broken or skirted by Jesus on many occasions. Eating with unclean people, doing work on the sabbath, and more. However, he was more of the opinion that man was not made for the sabbath, the sabbath was made for man when it came to the legalism of the day. He did not go out ofhis way to poke people to rile them up. But he also did not let the law stop him from doing what was right. My previous statement stands. Jesus did not call for what you tried to attribute to him in your argument. He may have used or done those things, but he was not documented as advocating or speaking for or against it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #512 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute. You mean to tell me that the central message of Christianity isn't "Fuck off, you lazy bastards! Get away from my stuff!"??

Not the last time I checked.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #513 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute. You mean to tell me that the central message of Christianity isn't "Fuck off, you lazy bastards! Get away from my stuff!"??

Pipe down back there, Otto.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #514 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Pipe down back there, Otto.

Too. many. possibilities. for. obscure. references. Brain. shutting. down.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #515 of 2360
Otto Bauer. Passionate about his work.

Who in the porn aficionado community is sufficiently analytical to be worrying about frame grabs lacking authenticity?

Wait, what am I saying? There are inevitably discussion sites devoted to Zapruder level scrutiny of Butt Bandits 12.

Jesus who now?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #516 of 2360
I didn't think they made 12 installments in the Butt Bandit series*cough* um, yeah, I figured you were talking about Otto Bauer, who, interestingly enough, Jack Bauer's grandfather. It is rumored that in Season 8 of 24, Jack will torture his own greandfather's rotting corpse for information about a terrorist attack.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #517 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleaning


It's sad that people have to look Wikipedia up to find out what gleaning is.

'Bug's idea of gleaning is mistaken, at best. Gleaning isn't about "taking what you need" from others.

It's about a scriptural mandate to remember the poor and preserve their dignity and independence while helping them out of their situation.

The Lord commanded that the edges of a field not be harvested and left for the poor.
Note that the poor still had to get to the fields early and engage in serious, daily work to personally support themselves and their families. The raw product is left for the poor to pick up, no one is violating personal property to "get what they need".

Today's idea of "helping the poor" is handing out cheques, personally or corporately, with the government usually paying for most of the tab.

It's hasn't worked, and won't ever work. But at long as middlemen get to skim a few bucks off the top, the practice will continue.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #518 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

It's sad that people have to look Wikipedia up to find out what gleaning is.

'Bug's idea of gleaning is mistaken, at best. Gleaning isn't about "taking what you need" from others.

It's about a scriptural mandate to remember the poor and preserve their dignity and independence while helping them out of their situation.

The Lord commanded that the edges of a field not be harvested and left for the poor.
Note that the poor still had to get to the fields early and engage in serious, daily work to personally support themselves and their families. The raw product is left for the poor to pick up, no one is violating personal property to "get what they need".

Today's idea of "helping the poor" is handing out cheques, personally or corporately, with the government usually paying for most of the tab.

It's hasn't worked, and won't ever work. But at long as middlemen get to skim a few bucks off the top, the practice will continue.

You're right Frank. We should cut all that "social safety net" jazz and let the poor harvest.... some stuff.....from the edges of some other stuff. The frozen food aisle, maybe.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #519 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I didn't think they made 12 installments in the Butt Bandit series*cough* um, yeah, I figured you were talking about Otto Bauer, who, interestingly enough, Jack Bauer's grandfather. It is rumored that in Season 8 of 24, Jack will torture his own greandfather's rotting corpse for information about a terrorist attack.

The first thing he needs to beat out of him is how he finds time to produce hardcore porn, given his career in politics and deadness.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #520 of 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You're right Frank. We should cut all that "social safety net" jazz and let the poor harvest.... some stuff.....from the edges of some other stuff. The frozen food aisle, maybe.

BAH! The poor shall harvest from the gear down area right at the front when you come through the doors.

I also find that our poor are very appreciative of harvesting wheat along the interstate.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Biggest Threat to Obama's Health Care "Reform" - Reality