or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iPhone 3.0 & iPod sync/power cord compatibility

iPhone 3.0 & iPod sync/power cord compatibility

post #1 of 2
After I updated to 3.0, the cord I've used every night for a year to charge my phone stopped working - it's a USB iPod sync cable that I got with my old 5g iPod Video. It's had no problems powering my iPhone 3G for a long time, but I started to see "This device is not supported on iPhone" (paraphrase) last week, and last night my phone was almost dead and this morning after a full nights charge on that cable, it was completely dead. I grabbed my "official" iPhone cable (which I keep on my PC in a different room for syncing) and it charged up just fine.

So my question is - did the new 3.0 OS update affect which sync cables are compatible with the iPhone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just took a closer look at my cord, and it's clearly damaged. Thanks.
post #2 of 2
No. They did not change the cord. Must be your cord's problem. Check for any damage to the wire.

Hope I've helped.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iPhone 3.0 & iPod sync/power cord compatibility