or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Report details Apple's unusual veil of secrecy

Report details Apple's unusual veil of secrecy - Page 5

post #161 of 162
This may be the only entirely-correct thing I've read on this subject!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

I was disappointed to read this in the NY Times, and even more here in AI. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that first, Apple said Jobs' weight loss was due to a "hormone imbalance". Then, a few weeks later, they elaborated only a tiny bit and said the problem was "more complex" (than the hormone imbalance). I have no reason to believe that when they said "hormone imbalance" that they knew it was more complex. That sort of confusion followed by more illumination is common for medical problems.

When they realized the problem was more serious, my attitude was that "more complex" was all the detail I needed. At the time I realized it might mean metastasized cancer or something equally serious. Apple also told us it would require six months leave of absence, so it was obviously serious. They told us the truth at the high level, but they didn't tell us any low level details, which we never needed.
post #162 of 162
That's too profound for me.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Report details Apple's unusual veil of secrecy