or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Farrah Fawcett, dead at age 62.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Farrah Fawcett, dead at age 62.

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
What a shame.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #2 of 10
My condolences blah blah blah


After watching her stupid special and seeing how she treated her cancer I think she did a great disservice to cancer patients everywhere. Or at least the ones that are dumb enough to listen to her and do what she did. That FDA shouldn't allow that stuff on TV.
post #3 of 10
RIP Farrah

I was praying for a miracle that didn't come.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

My condolences blah blah blah


After watching her stupid special and seeing how she treated her cancer I think she did a great disservice to cancer patients everywhere. Or at least the ones that are dumb enough to listen to her and do what she did. That FDA shouldn't allow that stuff on TV.

Another sensitive, insightful observation.

My girlfriend's family has been riddled with cancer ( most have died from it sister, mother, father ). So she knows it well. And I'd think she'd know better than myself ( almost no cancer in my family it's all cardiovascular stuff ). She found the special heartfelt as when faced with death you'd try anything wouldn't you? Sure if she had gotten a check up and caught it early the cure rate is high. But no one's perfect.

Most people especially guys avoid the doctor. When's the last time you went Floojack?

The other thing I think is sad is that her passing is over shadowed so much by Jackson's death. In some parallel universe it's her picture on the cover of all those newspapers.

RIP Farrah the world will miss you.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Another sensitive, insiteful observation.

My girlfriend's family has been riddled with cancer ( most have died from it sister, mother, father ). So she knows it well. And I'd think she'd know better than myself ( almost no cancer in my family it's all cardiovascular stuff ). She found the special heartfelt as when faced with death you'd try anything wouldn't you? Sure if she had gotten a check up and caught it early the cure rate is high. But no one's perfect.

Most people especially guys avoid the doctor. When's the last time you went Floojack?

The other thing I think is sad is that her passing is over shadowed so much by Jackson's death. In some parallel universe it's her picture on the cover of all those newspapers.

RIP Farrah the world will miss you.

Oh look I posted something so my shadow has to come and make a reply.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Oh look I posted something so my shadow has to come and make a reply.

Good thing to because now you're out in the sunlight and everyone can see what you're really all about.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Another sensitive, insightful observation.

My girlfriend's family has been riddled with cancer ( most have died from it sister, mother, father ). So she knows it well. And I'd think she'd know better than myself ( almost no cancer in my family it's all cardiovascular stuff ). She found the special heartfelt as when faced with death you'd try anything wouldn't you? Sure if she had gotten a check up and caught it early the cure rate is high. But no one's perfect.

Most people especially guys avoid the doctor. When's the last time you went Floojack?

The other thing I think is sad is that her passing is over shadowed so much by Jackson's death. In some parallel universe it's her picture on the cover of all those newspapers.

RIP Farrah the world will miss you.

wow
Great post ;
I too ignored my health for so long /It almost killed me with throat/neck cancer.

Goodbye Farrah , we hardly knew ya .

RIP

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #8 of 10
If only she has listened to the experts and had the recommended treatments from the start! How many people has she killed by following her poor example!
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

If only she has listened to the experts and had the recommended treatments from the start! How many people has she killed by following her poor example!

Or know what not to do.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

wow
Great post ;
I too ignored my health for so long /It almost killed me with throat/neck cancer.

Goodbye Farrah , we hardly knew ya .

RIP

9

Same here. My problem is blood pressure. Guys don't seem to like to admit they're mortal. So they don't go. I had to find out what to do when my BP reached 218 over 145!

Now I have to take many pills to control it. But it's controlled thank god.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Farrah Fawcett, dead at age 62.