or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Michael Jackson Dead at age 50

Michael Jackson Dead at age 50

post #1 of 41
For someone who slept in special chambers designed to renew the body and extend your life so that you would live to be 200 years this is kinda ironic.

If I were him I would sue the manufacturer of those special beds =)
post #2 of 41
If you were him you wouldn't be posted anything right now. Sheesh.

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

post #3 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex London View Post

If you were him you wouldn't be posted anything right now. Sheesh.

That is correct
post #4 of 41
The King of Pop ....is gone. \
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #5 of 41
Thriller is an awesome album. There's no denying that.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #6 of 41
I'm sad. I know the guy became an absolute freak as he got older or may have been one all along, but he represented a time where delusional or not, we believed that people could be more than trainwrecks and we had some hope that things would work out.

So yeah it sucks that he became the King of Jesus Juice but it also sucks that we don't think believe that this planet can be altered by a bunch of rock concerts, by this one amazing song, or by holding hands.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #7 of 41
I wonder what was the cause of the "heart attack". It is unlikely it was because of high cholesterol+stress since he was always very skinny. So perhaps it was drug-induced. Perhaps he had an overdose of speed or cocaine combined with a sex orgy with 10 little boys
post #8 of 41
Skinny people can have high cholesterol. But I'm on your line of thinking. I'm guessing he was taking something that caused this. What are the odds that there will be a full autopsy?
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Skinny people can have high cholesterol. But I'm on your line of thinking. I'm guessing he was taking something that caused this. What are the odds that there will be a full autopsy?

I heard on the news there was going to be an autopsy, for what it's worth. I also heard rumors that he was all into life extending treatments. I wonder if he was taking some experimental meds that he had a bad reaction to.
post #10 of 41
I wasn't sure if he died in hospital of a heart attack or whether he was on the childrens' ward having a stroke.
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

I wasn't sure if he died in hospital of a heart attack or whether he was on the childrens' ward having a stroke.

My point exactly.
post #12 of 41
Quote:

Too soon, mrtotes, too soon...
post #13 of 41
Quote:

For me MJ will be remembered as a pretty sad and trajic figure. His dramatic facial surgery and turning himself white are pretty solid evidence of severe self-loathing. He would openly admit his abandonment issues and was seemingly unable to handle the stress and pressure of the spotlight.

But then he seemed to lose touch with reality entirely. He said he wanted to be a child and in interviews he appeared to have the mental capacity of one. He couldn't understand that society would judge him for his actions and that his behaviour increasingly resembled that of a mad man. Whether he was guilty of child molestation or not, his clear child fetish seems to have been born out of his significant psychological problems.

It's sad cause the guy obviously had talent but really his death in some ways is a good thing if it means the end of his (and our) suffering.
post #14 of 41
It's also sad that people still believe he slept in a hyperbolic chamber and bleached his skin.
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

It's also sad that people still believe he slept in a hyperbolic chamber and bleached his skin.

No, but I do believe he slept in a hyperbaric chamber.
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

No, but I do believe he slept in a hyperbaric chamber.

Oops, yes. My mistake. However he did not sleep in that either. It was explained years ago along with his supposed skin bleaching.
post #17 of 41
Quote:

There's always someone who chimes in with a 4th grader "joke". Its so goddamned predictable.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #18 of 41
Regardless, he created some of the best pop songs around.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Regardless, he created some of the best pop songs around.

While I don't believe he died polishing little boy knobs while staring at naked 9-years olds soaping each other in the bathroom, I do believe he was taking a lot of bad stuff supposedly intended to prolong, rather than shorten lifespan.
post #20 of 41
What are you on about? He denied bleaching his skin and having any reconstructive facial surgery, which is just further evidence he was so out of touch with reality to think that others would believe him (well not so out of touch it seems...!). He seemed to do things to himself like the whitening without really considering or understanding the consequences of such actions then having to deny and make up stories. This is a very child-like and immature behaviour pattern.

Do you care to offer an explanation of how it happened then? He certainly didn't and there is no medical condition that would cause such a whitening or he would have cited that as the cause and the world would know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

post #21 of 41
To die so young.

RIP

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

What are you on about? He denied bleaching his skin and having any reconstructive facial surgery, which is just further evidence he was so out of touch with reality to think that others would believe him (well not so out of touch it seems...!). He seemed to do things to himself like the whitening without really considering or understanding the consequences of such actions then having to deny and make up stories. This is a very child-like and immature behaviour pattern.

Do you care to offer an explanation of how it happened then? He certainly didn't and there is no medical condition that would cause such a whitening or he would have cited that as the cause and the world would know about it.

Exactly. I don't know about bleach, but he did something that had the same result. Reconstructive surgery? Gee, ya think? I mean, his goddamn nose fell off at one point.

Quote:
t's sad cause the guy obviously had talent but really his death in some ways is a good thing if it means the end of his (and our) suffering

I wholeheartedly agree. What happened to him was so sad...for him and for us. In the 1990s he was famous for being famous...and weird. I prefer to remember him as the MJ from the eighties and focus on the music.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #23 of 41
Quote:

Yes there is a medical condition causing the person to turn while: black-o-phobia.
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Exactly. I don't know about bleach, but he did something that had the same result. Reconstructive surgery? Gee, ya think? I mean, his goddamn nose fell off at one point.

For a guy that wanted to be a white alien and populate his planet with little boys and girls he actually lived a fairly long time.
post #25 of 41
Quote:

For a guy that wanted to be a white alien and populate his planet with little boys and girls he actually lived a fairly long time.

Yea that's like 500 MJ years.
post #26 of 41
Quote:

Wow are you serious? Or maybe just too young to remember the 1993 Oprah interview where he admitted his Vitiligo. Which, yes, does just that.
For a black person, depending on how advanced it is, he can either apply dark makeup to blend it in, or apply "white" makeup to blend it in.
post #27 of 41
Another sad one. I really liked him around the time of Thriller. Later he kind of went off the rails. Hard to believe but once your reach 45 you can't treat yourself like a kid anymore because you're much more prone to a heart attack ( the average life expectancy around 1900 was 49 and I suspect that has a lot to do with it ). You really have to take care of yourself ( especially men ) and you can live alot longer. This may have been because of his medications also. You have to admit he didn't exactly treat his body in the average fashion ( 60 plastic surgeries ) so no telling.

RIP Michael.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #28 of 41
There seem to be lots of unanswered questions in what should be a relatively simple matter to sort out. Rev. Jesse Jackson is suspicious, as is Michael's family. The doctor who may have been the last to see MJ alive has been behaving oddly, in that he didn't show for a police interview until almost 48 hours after the death occurred. A report mentioned Demerol (a heroin substitute) being given to MJ because of chronic "pain". However, all reports from those involved in his tour rehearsals said "they had never seen him looking so upbeat and full of energy". There is some circumstantial evidence that this was not quite "accidental death"... was foul play was involved here?

Notice that I haven't accused anybody, or speculated on a motive...and I haven't mentioned any "conspiracy theory". (Just preempting the typical Pavlovian kindergarten response by so many in here, before it happens).
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

There seem to be lots of unanswered questions in what should be a relatively simple matter to sort out. Rev. Jesse Jackson is suspicious, as is Michael's family. The doctor who may have been the last to see MJ alive has been behaving oddly, in that he didn't show for a police interview until almost 48 hours after the death occurred. A report mentioned Demerol (a heroin substitute) being given to MJ because of chronic "pain". However, all reports from those involved in his tour rehearsals said "they had never seen him looking so upbeat and full of energy". There is some circumstantial evidence that this was not quite "accidental death"... was foul play was involved here?

Notice that I haven't accused anybody, or speculated on a motive...and I haven't mentioned any "conspiracy theory". (Just preempting the typical Pavlovian kindergarten response by so many in here, before it happens).

Most likely the conclusion from this investigation will be that doctors facilitated legalized drug abuse. In my opinion, this is just one more example of what is wrong with medical ethics in this country.
post #30 of 41
Quote:

Most likely the conclusion from this investigation will be that doctors facilitated legalized drug abuse. In my opinion, this is just one more example of what is wrong with medical ethics in this country.

Not unlikely. I wonder if any criminal charges might result, if this is the case?
post #31 of 41
HE did things to children that disgust me . What ever he did or does i don't care , He preyed on the weakest . And many look the other way because they love his music so much .

Tonight and every night the wee ones will be a little bit safer,

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

HE did things to children that disgust me . What ever he did or does i don't care , He preyed on the weakest . And many look the other way because they love his music so much .

Tonight and every night the wee ones will be a little bit safer,

BS!

Michael Jackson was never convicted of any charges involving sex with a minor. Santa Barbara County DA Tom Sneddon went after him in the 1993 case but no charges were filed. Jackson subsequently wrote a song about Sneddon called "D.S." on the album "History"... and from then on in, it was a personal vendetta re. Sneddon against the singer, and a bunch of opportunistic parasites and greedy lawyers joining in the fray... resulting in the 2003/04 trumped-up "molestation" charges, all of which were dismissed due to a lack of evidence.
post #33 of 41
Well when you pay a lot of money you can buy off a lot of witnesses. What's disgusting is that parents pimped out their kids to Jackson hoping for a payday.
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Well when you pay a lot of money you can buy off a lot of witnesses. What's disgusting is that parents pimped out their kids to Jackson hoping for a payday.

Ridiculous. To start with you assume MJ was a child molester and second, all the parents whose kids visited MJ were pimping out their kids. (because the media told you so). What about the circus of a police raid on his property and seizure and analysis of all artifacts that didn't yield any results? Does this mean that everyone - MJ, the kids, their parents, the police forensics - is either incompetent or a sell out? How about the enormous number of workers at MJ's house? At least one of them could have the decency to speak the "truth" you seek. Maybe everyone is an evil person because it doesn't suit your "gut feel"?

I like MJ, but I am no fanboi. Taking in whatever crap being fed by the media without applying judgement is not good.

----

MJ was one of the best entertainers out there. It is a loss for his fans, but shit happens.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #35 of 41
Quote:

BS!

Michael Jackson was never convicted of any charges involving sex with a minor. Santa Barbara County DA Tom Sneddon went after him in the 1993 case but no charges were filed. Jackson subsequently wrote a song about Sneddon called "D.S." on the album "History"... and from then on in, it was a personal vendetta re. Sneddon against the singer, and a bunch of opportunistic parasites and greedy lawyers joining in the fray... resulting in the 2003/04 trumped-up "molestation" charges, all of which were dismissed due to a lack of evidence.

Then why did he feed the kiddies jesus juice <booze >.
Why did he sleep with underaga boys .Why did he pay over 20 million in money to the families of the little boys ?

Would you let your 7 yr old son sleep with another man and have you boy drink booze with that 37 yr old man ?
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #36 of 41
Quote:

Michael Jackson was never convicted of any charges involving sex with a minor.

I would think that settling out of court constitutes an admission of guilt, at least for the purposes of discussion on an internet forum.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/jackson.asp

Quote:
Michael Jackson had me suck one nipple and twist the other nipple while Michael Jackson masturbated. On one occasion when Michael Jackson and I were in bed together, Michael Jackson grabbed my buttock and kissed me while he put his tongue in my ear. I told him I didn't like that. Michael Jackson started to cry.

This is a subject I have never checked, so when I saw your assertions I thought I'd look into it a bit, sammi jo. I'm kinda sorry I did - Michael Jackson seems to be a sad case of child star abuse...if you twist a kid in knots, you end up with a twisted adult.
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I would think that settling out of court constitutes an admission of guilt.

That is incorrect.
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Then why did he feed the kiddies jesus juice <booze >.
Why did he sleep with underaga boys .Why did he pay over 20 million in money to the families of the little boys ?

Would you let your 7 yr old son sleep with another man and have you boy drink booze with that 37 yr old man ?

Exactly! What right thinking parent would allow their kid to be alone with someone that is reasonably suspected of abusing kids! A pimp, that's what kind.
post #39 of 41
Blah, blah, blah...
post #40 of 41
Quote:

Blah, blah, blah...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

sorry but chandler statement tells a sad tale
and MJ DID SETTLE out of court
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Michael Jackson Dead at age 50