post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I would think that settling out of court constitutes an admission of guilt, at least for the purposes of discussion on an internet forum.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/jackson.asp

This is a subject I have never checked, so when I saw your assertions I thought I'd look into it a bit, sammi jo. I'm kinda sorry I did - Michael Jackson seems to be a sad case of child star abuse...if you twist a kid in knots, you end up with a twisted adult.

No criminal charges were filed, more than likely because the accusation is hearsay and would not have stood up in court. Even D.A Sneddon, who was aware of the allegation, decided he couldn't run with it. Why would Jackson pay $millions to have this matter buried out of court? Obvious... he was one of the most popular entertainers on the planet and it was essential for his career to avoid a "pedophile" association.

There are all kinds of rumors now flying around the net that Jordan Chandler lied or fabricated the story of Jackson's alleged abuse. There is no proof to this either. But one thing is for sure... Michael Jackson was an easy source of ready cash for anyone close to him who wanted to try it on via predatorial lawyers.. and S. California has plenty of those circling around. And, Michael Jackon must have been naive beyond all description to have such close associations with kids, and/or felt invincible because of his mega-entertainer status.

Just because an accusation is presented on "legal paper" doesn't mean that it is necessarily true. And Snopes.com should know this. But when it comes to skepticism, snopes doesn't exactly do a good service, because they carefully cherrypick what they debunk and what they ignore... in other words, a characteristic of bad science.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow