or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Leftist Hate Speech

Leftist Hate Speech - Page 5

post #161 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Proves my point.

I'm waiting for you to bury me too.

I guess we better agree to his point or else there will be violence. How appropriate for a thread about leftist hate speech!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #162 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

TalkingPointsMemo

Must not forget that highbrow sites like TPM still take joy in associating protest with sexual actions.

What's a tea bagger?

What is tea bagging?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #163 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Watch all three in their entirety if you can;

Part One - The Battle Begins

Part Two - Fightback

Part Three - New Challenges

IMHO, it's one of the best recent series I've seen on the climate science, covering the past ~50 years, starting with Keeling's CO2 efforts in the late 1950's.

It was first broadcast (I believe) on BBC 2 last year (7th, 14th, and 21st of September 2008).

I'm supposed to have 8MB broadband, but watching the first two 1 hr parts was slow and meant I had to pause it repeatedly to load. I was in the US when these were broadcast and hadn't come across them there probably like the vast majority of American's. It would be great if American's would actually watch these. But given even on this forum probably most won't there's probably not that much chance of that.

Anyway, one more to go.... 3rd downloaded a little quicker. These should definitely be aired in the US.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #164 of 195
Amazing how threats of violence = agreement without coersion.

That is some interesting reasoning.

post #165 of 195
Al Gore

Quote:
Al Gore today compared the battle against climate change with the struggle against the Nazis.

post #166 of 195
Quote:

Al Gore

Since he was speaking in the U.K. I would guess he was trying to use something that motivated them in the past. Hence the Nazis reference.

Only people who don't take this issue seriously and are out of touch with what's going on in the world laugh at anything concerning this issue.

Quote:
Mr Gore, who brought the issues around climate change to a mass audience with the 2006 documentary An Inconvenient Truth, said the great hope for the future lay in a high level of environmental awareness among young people.

These young people he's talking about ( the one's in the US ) are voters. You do get that don't you?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #167 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Since he was speaking in the U.K. I would guess he was trying to use something that motivated them in the past. Hence the Nazis reference.

Yes because the UK has such a proud Nazi history. I look forward to his speech at the NAACP where "Climate Change" will be donning a sheet and burning a cross.

Quote:
Only people who don't take this issue seriously and are out of touch with what's going on in the world laugh at anything concerning this issue.

I wasn't aware the the synonym for unserious was Nazi.

Quote:
These young people he's talking about ( the one's in the US ) are voters. You do get that don't you?

I get that distorting history to people not old enough to have lived it or possible studied it is a good way to make political headway when the arguments cannot support themselves and that is why Gore resorts to hate tactics.

Of course anyone who uses the word deniers knows that they need names to try to discredit since their argument alone cannot.

post #168 of 195
Quote:

Yes because the UK has such a proud Nazi history. I look forward to his speech at the NAACP where "Climate Change" will be donning a sheet and burning a cross.

I wasn't aware the the synonym for unserious was Nazi.

I get that distorting history to people not old enough to have lived it or possible studied it is a good way to make political headway when the arguments cannot support themselves and that is why Gore resorts to hate tactics.

Of course anyone who uses the word deniers knows that they need names to try to discredit since their argument alone cannot.

Quote:

Pssst! They called it the Blitz!

Hello WWII!

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/blitz.htm

No one knows Nazi attack like England!

Honestly you have a talent for ignoring what you want so anything fits your world view.

This is bad even for you.
post #169 of 195
Quote:

Honestly you have a talent for ignoring what you want so anything fits your world view.

Heh, I dunno why Frank got banned but I'm thinking he has you riled up enough to get close to crossing that line.

Sometime me too. But then I remember that some folks have different goals than others and playing by their rules means entertainment value for them and annoyance for you. So why play?

The other aspect is that he's likely using you guys as a focus group. Anything that makes y'all jump up and down and froth at the mouth is probably good blog material. Why help him in any way to refine his "message"?
post #170 of 195
Quote:

Please explain this statement.

Do you mean to say that you were unaware that the British fought in World War II and that their major cities were leveled by German bombs?
post #171 of 195
Quote:
I look forward to his speech at the NAACP where "Climate Change" will be donning a sheet and burning a cross.

What does the NAACP have to do with this discussion?
proud resident of a failed state
post #172 of 195
Quote:

Pssst! They called it the Blitz!

Hello WWII!

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/blitz.htm

No one knows Nazi attack like England!

Oh I'm sorry. So what you are saying is that Climate Change is going to blitzkrieg England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

What does the NAACP have to do with this discussion?

They are going to blitzkrieg England along with the Nazi's and Climate Change. Man the anti-aircraft guns!

Gore's making the analogy. Please don't blame me for being able to make it logically fit. However I'll be happy to let you two explain how CC is the same as the Nazi's. Please feel free to defend Gore and explain his analogy.

post #173 of 195
Mischaracterizing an analogy.
Not surprised when taking into account the fantasy world some live in, filtering out or just making stuff up to fit.

Global Warming to some represents a threat.
To others, not.

Hitler was a threat.
To others, not.

Right there in the title and first paragraph.

Right-wing hate speech on display here.
post #174 of 195
Quote:

Oh I'm sorry. So what you are saying is that Climate Change is going to blitzkrieg England.

They are going to blitzkrieg England along with the Nazi's and Climate Change. Man the anti-aircraft guns!

Gore's making the analogy. Please don't blame me for being able to make it logically fit. However I'll be happy to let you two explain how CC is the same as the Nazi's. Please feel free to defend Gore and explain his analogy.

Where was he giving the speech? He was using something they could relate to personally.

This is very similar to a tactic used by someone else here. Explaining simple details.

Playing dumb doesn't suit you trumptman.
post #175 of 195
Quote:

Where was he giving the speech? He was using something they could relate to personally.

This is very similar to a tactic used by someone else here. Explaining simple details.

Playing dumb doesn't suit you trumptman.

Ah, so the analogy doesn't have to be accurate, just personally relatable. This is interesting reasoning. So when I attack Obama, I don't need any facts, just something relatable. Obama, people will wake up to him like they did Barry Bonds.

How is that one?

I would watch the personal attacks. The last several posts have contained all manner of them.

post #176 of 195
Quote:
Please don't blame me for being able to make it logically fit.

You made it logically fit by bringing up the NAACP?

I do not understand why you are trying to inject the politics of race into this. Could you explain why you are going that route?
post #177 of 195
You want to me to logically fit in the illogic?

Jimmac helped you out there and so did screener. All you have to do is present threats and people responding to them. There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason.

At least, there doesn't have to be for Al Gore.

Climate Change, it's sort of like Rape.
Climate Change, it's sort of like Elderly Abuse.
Climate Change, it's sort of like Domestic Violence during the Super Bowl.

It is all about linking it to a hot button to get a response. Gore shows the link doesn't have to make any sense.

Unless of course Climate Change has a bunch of tanks and bombers we don't know about, perhaps even some WMD's.

post #178 of 195
No, Trumptman, you really have to explain this.

Jimmac said:

Quote:

and you replied:

Quote:

Why did you say this? If you knew that you could invoke WWII to motivate British people to fight climate change then why did you mock Jimmac's statement by pretending that the UK has "such a proud Nazi history"? If you didn't, why don't you admit that you misunderstood what he was saying?

It looks very much like you've been caught out being cleverly-provocative-but just-inside-the-rules to me, and I'd really like to give you the chance to defend yourself.
post #179 of 195
Quote:
You want to me to logically fit in the illogic?

No, I want you to explain why you are injecting race into this discussion.

Race has nothing to do with this. The NAACP has nothing to do with this. So why did you bring them up?
post #180 of 195
Quote:

No, I want you to explain why you are injecting race into this discussion.

Race has nothing to do with this. The NAACP has nothing to do with this. So why did you bring them up?

It was explained for you. You go to the source, you use an analogy that relates climate change to a historical threat. There doesn't need to be true reasoning to it, thus why it is hate speech.

In England, you claim CC is... Nazis.
At the NAACP you claim CC is.... the Klan.
At NOW you claim CC is... domestic violence or the glass ceilling
At an American media event you claim CC is... Sarah Palin.

Historical threat, Jimmac laid it out there perfectly. He understands the Gore lack of logic best among us. I'm so glad my statement prompted him to explain it.

post #181 of 195
Quote:

Hate has no rationality. Gore is irrational. There isn't a way to explain what he does. I'm not going to hate those on here who defend it nor will I attack them.

And this makes no sense either.

Gore is not 'irrational.' He is committed to the fight against climate change and his words are intended to be strong.

You may disagree that climate change exists, but you may not disagree that those who believe it does are entitled to use forceful language.

To call this 'hate speech' is dishonest.

Incidentally, and off-topic, I'll ignore your attempt to be provocative with your invitation to dance, which while it isn't an ad hominem is certainly designed to produce one in response, a modus operandi which has clearly served you very well but will not succeed with me. Honeybee.
post #182 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And this makes no sense either.

Gore is not 'irrational.' He is committed to the fight against climate change and his words are intended to be strong.

We must hurry. I've heard that Climate Change is rounding up folks from England and putting them into death camps. Gore told me that Climate Change was talking behind my back and dating my girlfriend.

Quote:
You may disagree that climate change exists, but you may not disagree that those who believe it does are entitled to use forceful language.

So is it Climate Change you think Gore likes or Nazis?

Quote:
Incidentally, and off-topic, I'll ignore your attempt to be provocative with your invitation to dance, which while it isn't an ad hominem is certainly designed to produce one in response, a modus operandi which has clearly served you very well but will not succeed with me. Honeybee.

I didn't realize that dancing was considered so distasteful by some as to evoke personal attacks.

Sing Mumbo, sing.

Is that better?

Perhaps I should declare you deny climate change. That wouldn't be hateful right, just forceful.

post #183 of 195
Quote:

We must hurry. I've heard that Climate Change is rounding up folks from England and putting them into death camps. Gore told me that Climate Change was talking behind my back and dating my girlfriend.

So is it Climate Change you think Gore likes or Nazis?

I didn't realize that dancing was considered so distasteful by some as to evoke personal attacks.

Sing Mumbo, sing.

Is that better?

Perhaps I should declare you deny climate change. That wouldn't be hateful right, just forceful.

This entire post is designed by the poster to provoke me into making an 'ad hominem attack'. It ignores the thread topic, the substance of my last post and the kind of civility that makes a debate possible.

I can't respond to it. It makes no substantive points. It is, really, an admission that the poster's been outsmarted or has no manners.

And I guess I'll have to leave it there.
post #184 of 195
Quote:

This entire post is designed by the poster to provoke me into making an 'ad hominem attack'. It ignores the thread topic, my last post and the kind of civility that makes a debate possible.

I can't respond to it. It makes no substantive points. It is, really, an admission that the poster's been outsmarted or has no manners.

I think that's the point. Apparently "you lose". \
post #185 of 195
I'm outta here as well.

Too fucking weird.
post #186 of 195
Quote:
This entire post is designed by the poster to provoke me into making an 'ad hominem attack'.

All 10,964 of them, actually.
post #187 of 195
Quote:

All 10,964 of them, actually.

Don't worry, you still have me beat with the 16,000+ at the other forums. You are still the king Groverat. I wish I could post as much as you. If there can be only one, you are that one.

Quote:

This entire post is designed by the poster to provoke me into making an 'ad hominem attack'. It ignores the thread topic, the substance of my last post and the kind of civility that makes a debate possible.

I guess I'll apologize. Let's try those declarations one at a time and instead of running with them, I'll be patient and let you explain them.

Quote:

Please explain how Gore declaring that Climate Change is going to blitzkrieg the island and how they need a Churchhill to stop it, is rational.

Quote:

Attempts to inappropriately tie causes to Nazi's is hate speech, and is done frequently by those with losing arguments. It is done so often that people have coined humorous terms for it. You have to laugh because what else is there to do when comparing the weather to an invading army in an attempt to provoke a response.

Calling it a Nazi isn't forceful language. It is a terrible, sad, weak analogy from a terribile, sad, weak man who knows that people are waking up and are unwilling to let him control their lives to keep the weather at bay.

Quote:

Gore's right and I'm a liar aren't exactly substantive points to to rebutt. It is easier to laugh at it than report it. Since when does a scientific argument revolve around "forceful language." It is nothing more than an attempt to justify bullying behavior by those who's arguments fail to persuade on the merits. Gore's argument lacks scientific merit so he has to resort to "Remember when you guys helped kicked the asses of the Nazi's?" It is sad reasoning from a feeble mind. Perhaps the next time he is on his bio-diesel powered, 100 ft long houseboat, he can think of a better analogy while burning enough corn to feed several impoverished families for a year.

Quote:

I think is what should have happened in the first place. It is better not to attempt to rationalize away the hate of Al Gore. He needs no help trying to enrich himself on the backs of the poor of the world. No one needs to help him sell his carbon indulgences to atone for what he claims are sins.

post #188 of 195
Oh oh... more hate

Another claim of treason and this time, almost reading the minds of people rationalizing the names, Olbermann makes it really clear that we must legally stop those who utter the words and those who...well fail to stop those from uttering the words.

post #189 of 195
Quote:

Don't worry, you still have me beat with the 16,000+ at the other forums. You are still the king Groverat. I wish I could post as much as you. If there can be only one, you are that one.

I guess I'll apologize. Let's try those declarations one at a time and instead of running with them, I'll be patient and let you explain them.

Please explain how Gore declaring that Climate Change is going to blitzkrieg the island and how they need a Churchhill to stop it, is rational.

Attempts to inappropriately tie causes to Nazi's is hate speech, and is done frequently by those with losing arguments. It is done so often that people have coined humorous terms for it. You have to laugh because what else is there to do when comparing the weather to an invading army in an attempt to provoke a response.

Calling it a Nazi isn't forceful language. It is a terrible, sad, weak analogy from a terribile, sad, weak man who knows that people are waking up and are unwilling to let him control their lives to keep the weather at bay.

Gore's right and I'm a liar aren't exactly substantive points to to rebutt. It is easier to laugh at it than report it. Since when does a scientific argument revolve around "forceful language." It is nothing more than an attempt to justify bullying behavior by those who's arguments fail to persuade on the merits. Gore's argument lacks scientific merit so he has to resort to "Remember when you guys helped kicked the asses of the Nazi's?" It is sad reasoning from a feeble mind. Perhaps the next time he is on his bio-diesel powered, 100 ft long houseboat, he can think of a better analogy while burning enough corn to feed several impoverished families for a year.

I think is what should have happened in the first place. It is better not to attempt to rationalize away the hate of Al Gore. He needs no help trying to enrich himself on the backs of the poor of the world. No one needs to help him sell his carbon indulgences to atone for what he claims are sins.

Quote:

From what I've read his posts have a point other than trying to derail, insult, or bait.

Quote:
Gore's argument lacks scientific merit so he has to resort to "Remember when you guys helped kicked the asses of the Nazi's?" It is sad reasoning from a feeble mind.

What's sad here is your over simplification of the situation. I'm sure you understand the meaning of the Nazi reference. You just want to stretch the facts so they almost but not quite make your point about hate specch. Which of course since it's not really relevant to the topic makes it a form of hate speech itself.
post #190 of 195
Quote:

But you DID respond to it. How about trying to either refute arguments or ignore the post?
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #191 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

But you DID respond to it. How about trying to either refute arguments or ignore the post?

Calling him on his actions isn't verbotten is it? It's not an ad hom. It's simply pointing out disruptive behavior that follows the letter of the law but not the spirt.

He's now on my ignore list but you certainly can't claim that his behavior hasn't caused issues. Which is a shame since I think he's a smart guy. I will miss out on his often insightful posts on finances, investing, etc.

However, even ignored, you see threads derailed and people ending up jumping up and down in abject frustration. It's the kind of behavior that is only tolerated on the internet...okay and talk radio.
post #192 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

However, even ignored, you see threads derailed and people ending up jumping up and down in abject frustration. It's the kind of behavior that is only tolerated on the internet...okay and talk radio.

Thomas Jefferson said it best:

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #193 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

It's the kind of behavior that is only tolerated on the internet...okay and talk radio.

... wherever politics is practiced.
post #194 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Thomas Jefferson said it best:

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

Jefferson wasn't speaking about tolerating mean spirited opponents but a central government tending toward monarchy (and reduced freedom) whereas state governments tend toward an excess of freedom. He might be inclined to change his mind after observing California but I digress.

What is amusing is in that same missive Jefferson writes:

"Would it not therefore be well that means should be adopted for coming at his ideas of the changes he would agree to, and for communicating to him those which we should propose?

Perhaps he might find ours not so distant from his, but that some mutual sacrifices (emphasis mine) might bring them together.
"

"These are my general ideas of amendments; but, preserving the ends, I should be flexible and conciliatory as to the means".

Quoting Jefferson without the understanding that he was a moderate and willing to work with others (and not poke them into apoplexy) is ironic.

Why not quote instead:

"But every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists."

from his inaugural speech?
post #195 of 195
RCP-video

Quote:
Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) explains his remark that the Republican party is "rooting against" America.

Don't worry Waxy- Stewart, Letterman, Olbermann, and the liberal newspapers that haven't gone broke yet won't call you on it. You're all on the same team!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Leftist Hate Speech