Minimize in place

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I installed this a little while ago and i was wondering if there was some way to check the "version" of the dock app... like people using 10.2.4 what version dock do they have compared to mine?

is it a bad think to have this hack installed? I know I can uninstall it, but will that leave me with the "old" dock and not the "new" one from 10.2.4?

or if there was a new dock, would it replace the "hacked" version?

I believe i installed the hack during 10.2.2 so any changes to the dock since then is what I am talking about.

TIA

-Paul

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>is it a bad think to have this hack installed? I know I can uninstall it, but will that leave me with the "old" dock and not the "new" one from 10.2.4?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can't imagine any reason why having that version of the dock is 'bad' - the only reason would be if you miss the functionality that isn't present. I had it installed for a while (I freakin love minimize in place) but I found nearly all the dock related keyboard shortcuts I use missing.

If you swap it back (with the version you had when you replaced it), it will be whatever version that was. Where-ever you go, there you are If that wasn't 10.2.4, and you don't want to go to 10.2.4, you can get someone with 10.2.4 to give you a copy of their dock app and prefpane...