anyone use the cash for clunkers program?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Just emailed the local Hundi dealership to get the specific details about my case in the $4500 cash for clunkers program. Just womndering if anyone else has used it, and also wondering, is this in addtion to or in place of trade in value? the government web site doesnt talk about that factoid that I could find, I am still pouring over the text of the law its self, but it is so unclear...

found the answer in the body text of paragraph 2 part a...this is in place of trade in, the old cars are to be sent to the crusher, a real shame as my 15 year old car isnt great for me at age 25, but it would be great for a 16 year old who wants a cheap set of well mantained and kept up wheels..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    THen why don't you just sell it to some kid. There's eBay and craigslist at your disposal.

BTW it's pronounced and spelled "Hyundai." They're a megacorp that's a quarter of the Korean GDP.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    intenseintense Posts: 106member
    I wish we had that in Canada
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I nuked two spammers using this thread.

Part of the idea behind the program was to get lower efficiency cars off the road.

I considered doing it, my car has almost no trade-in value. There weren't a lot of cars that I was interested in to the point of financing a car. So far in my life, I have only paid cash, and only bought used cars through private sellers. The program also meant that the dealers were a lot less interested in bargaining, I guess I missed some good deals. In the end, I figured I was better off waiting until the program ends and wait for dealers to get desperate again, assuming I do buy new. Right now, I'm thinking I'll just save up and buy a used car again.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    If any of you are still subscribed to this thread, it may be a good idea to unsubscribe. This thread is attracting spam posts. Normally, I would just close this thread, but it's doing pretty well as a honeypot. I get an email notice whenever someone posts here and I can see what links they're trying to sneak in, and they usually post somewhere else too.