Just got the MBP 15'. It reflects like a mirror ,

I mean to say i can see myself . I guess this is what glossy means . HA HA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

I have a new glossy machine too. My old machine was not glossy and I didn't like it. Some people complain about the glossy but I love the way it makes things look brightly colorful. I watched a movie on it last night in a totally dark room. It was great!!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post

I have a new glossy machine too. My old machine was not glossy and I didn't like it. Some people complain about the glossy but I love the way it makes things look brightly colorful. I watched a movie on it last night in a totally dark room. It was great!!!

Glossy is so cool .

Star Trek is on right now . THIS SCREEN IS GREAT .

i GOT the 3.02HGz 500g 7200 rpm onw .

COD4 is next

peace

• Reply 3 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Lighting control. You had to use it before, you can't ignore it now. As long as it isn't brighter directly behind you than the image is on the display, glossy isn't a problem unless you are doing some damn critical work. And if you are doing that work you are doing it in your controlled (read relatively dim, lighting temperature controlled) environment or you shouldn't be doing it at all.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Lighting control. You had to use it before, you can't ignore it now. As long as it isn't brighter directly behind you than the image is on the display, glossy isn't a problem unless you are doing some damn critical work. And if you are doing that work you are doing it in your controlled (read relatively dim, lighting temperature controlled) environment or you shouldn't be doing it at all.

I am watching movies

gaming

3d graphics

major iphoto stuff

And i feel like i am in a reflective fishbowl. swimming around and around while cute hungry young nubile aggressive chicks do their make up in front of my glosssy screen . sometime they brush by me body.

whew that 9600 chip is hot