This is how awesome Snow Leopard is...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So i am downloading the latest update to snow leopard, and I got to thinking- let's go nuts with safari windows and expose- so I started doing command-N and I made about 45 windows of the apple home page. Expose handled it with a brief stutter- but while downloading the 730 mb update.

Then, I set the homepage to youtube after searching for a video on snow leopard- a National Geographic video.

Then I figured out that 54 windows with the update downloading window looked neat in even rows. So I did all the windows and let the youtube videos start playing- in expose.

This was just cool. All the videos are playing, everything was going. Update was downloading. Macbook pro fans were howling! Santa rosa 2.2 with 4gb of ram.

I have three screenshots of it but I cant figure out how to post them- but it was sweet! So now I will go install the update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Post your machine specs. Any operating system can do multitasking given the hardware.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Post your machine specs. Any operating system can do multitasking given the hardware.

I did... Macbook pro santa rosa 2.2 with 4gb of ram...

do you use a mac?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,442moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

I have three screenshots of it but I cant figure out how to post them- but it was sweet! So now I will go install the update.

Use a site like imageshack.us or tinypic.com, upload and then copy the URL and paste between img tags:

Code:

[img]url[/img]

Is there any obvious use of OpenCL yet in the system? For example, the Quicktime X encoder for ipod etc, does it go significantly faster than standard Leopard Quicktime's encoder?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

I did... Macbook pro santa rosa 2.2 with 4gb of ram...

do you use a mac?

I missed the spec with the superlatives around.

I do use a Mac at home and at work (along with Linux & Windows). Does anyone have a comparison of how this stacks up with Leopard on the same hardware?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,438member
    Holy poo

That's awesome.

I cannot wait for September
  • Reply 6 of 8
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    [IMG][/IMG]
  • Reply 7 of 8
    quillzquillz Posts: 209member
    This really has nothing to do with Snow Leopard. If you have good hardware, you can do the same in any OS. I was doing the same thing in Leopard a year ago.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    houseleyhouseley Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quillz View Post

This really has nothing to do with Snow Leopard. If you have good hardware, you can do the same in any OS. I was doing the same thing in Leopard a year ago.

Sure, but could you do the same on the OP's hardware before SL?