BT is THE MAN

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok, listening to ESCM right now...

shit, this music can create feelings and thoughts like no other...

this man somehow invokes emotions through his music...

ive had this cd fer so long, and yet it still has power...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    agreed. ESCM's his most evocative work, however the Movement In Still Live import - not the cheesy, hiphoppy american version - is a beautifully produced piece of music as well.

OOH! you've given me an idea

<hustling off to create the AppleInsider Electronica Thread>
  • Reply 2 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>agreed. ESCM's his most evocative work, however the Movement In Still Live import - not the cheesy, hiphoppy american version - is a beautifully produced piece of music as well.

OOH! you've given me an idea

&lt;hustling off to create the AppleInsider Electronica Thread&gt;</strong><hr></blockquote>

sweet

im all over that thread ;-)

yeah, i havent been able to get the import...but ther are a few decent songs on our crap american version...why do we always get hosed when europe and asia gets all the good stuff?? like cars :-P

oh, speaking of awesome music...BTs second disk of IMA, blue skies w/ tori amos...another classic--i listened to that the day of the terrorist attack...damn, what a powerful combination...needless to say, my mind was nowhere near productive...and yet my profs still made us go to class...............

oh well
  • Reply 3 of 11
    yeah..

psst.. check dreamstate.dyndns.org out on carracho. l/p view/files. you've got to upload 4 mixes that they don't have, but.... 480 gigs of electronic lovin' going on over there.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>yeah..

psst.. check dreamstate.dyndns.org out on carracho. l/p view/files. you've got to upload 4 mixes that they don't have, but.... 480 gigs of electronic lovin' going on over there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

sweet deal dude

yeah, i think i can pull off 4 mixes...i have crap noones heard of ;-)

but its so hard to find good stuff in stores here...eventually gonna have to resort to buying straight outta britain or somthin............
  • Reply 5 of 11
    i have <a href="http://www.yoshitoshi.com"; target="_blank">yoshitoshi</a>.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    did any of you pick up his newest Rare & remixed.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Remember the 5 mins PowerBook G4 video featuring the song Godspeed? BT was one of the pro Mac user in that video. Apple also loaded two of his music, Remember and Blue Skies, as part of the iTunes sampler on my PBG4.

I just bought his newest "R&R". Looks like you guys suggest his "Movement in Still Life" Import over the US edition, right?

Kenneth
  • Reply 8 of 11
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    bt - remember (pvd mix) was the best IMO =]
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I think my favorite of his is Flaming June (PvD's mix of it). Just plain awesome.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Hmmm... BT is too sweet for me sometimes. Flaming June is good. But some of his work in IMA (which does not have Flaming June -- just making note) has some tracks that are just way too sweet for my taste. Well, at least it's not as bad as ATB (ever heard Sunburn? PUKE!)

Here's an album EVERYONE should check out:

\tDave Seaman's Renassiance: Desire

It's awesome. Simply awesome. I loved Cape Town. This is even better (has a tad more ambient feel to it). And for once, the first CD is actually the best one of the two.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Arakageeta ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Agreed Arkageeta. And some of it is too jazzy. One album of his I listened to had a kinda elavator music feel to it.... Very good elevator music, mind you, but elevator music none the less. And I'll second your recommendation of Renaissance: Desire. Beautiful.