Upgrade Snow leopard To Final Version

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know if I am currently running the latest Snow Leopard build, as the time approaches and it is released to the public, will I have to re-install the OS or will I simply be able to purchase Snow Leopard and leave the current OS the way it is?

Is it better to re-install everything once the OS is released to the public?

Any advice would be good.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dage007 View Post

Does anyone know if I am currently running the latest Snow Leopard build, as the time approaches and it is released to the public, will I have to re-install the OS or will I simply be able to purchase Snow Leopard and leave the current OS the way it is?

Is it better to re-install everything once the OS is released to the public?

Any advice would be good.

thanks.

In order to have the final version you would have to install from a Gold Master or from the Release version, because as far as I know they have never let a developer preview cross over into "just software update" to release version.

So yeah you would have to re-install...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rezwits View Post

In order to have the final version you would have to install from a Gold Master or from the Release version, because as far as I know they have never let a developer preview cross over into "just software update" to release version.

So yeah you would have to re-install...

thanks.

I was hoping I could just do a software update. Guess not. Worse case scenario I can just grab everything from time machine I guess.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dage007 View Post

thanks.

I was hoping I could just do a software update. Guess not. Worse case scenario I can just grab everything from time machine I guess.

Suit yourself. I am just going to download a cracked version 20 minutes after it is officially released.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Suit yourself. I am just going to download a cracked version 20 minutes after it is officially released.

Are you such a cheap bastard that you can't afford to pay $29 for the upgrade to Snow Leopard?