Escaped WTC Attack Only to Die in Plane Crash

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21254-2001Nov13.html"; target="_blank">2 Dead in Crash Escaped WTC Attack</a>

The Associated Press

Tuesday, November 13, 2001; 11:06 AM

[quote]NEW YORK ?? Two of the people killed in the crash of American Airlines Flight 587 had escaped brushes with death in the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

Felix Sanchez, 29, had left his job as a Merrill Lynch broker at the trade center on Sept. 10. On Monday, he was flying to the Dominican Republic to meet with clients for his new career as a financial adviser to Dominican baseball players.

"After the World Trade Center, he had a renewed outlook on life," said a friend, Sid Wilson. "And the last time I saw him, he was so high on life. I can't believe this."

The day after Sanchez cleaned out his desk at the trade center, Hilda Yolanda Mayor escaped from the ground floor restaurant where she worked in the complex...<hr></blockquote>

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: roger_ramjet ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    That is unbelieveable, but I expected something like this once I heard the plane had crashed.

Damnit!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Unbelieveable. Imagine how their families must feel. I think something like that might push me over the edge...hopefully they have a good network of friends and neighbors to get em through.

• Reply 3 of 11
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Dreadful. And rather improbable, in my opinion.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I read that too. Shocking. My wife is convinced that it was "his time".
  • Reply 5 of 11
    That really sucks.

I hate accidents (and terrorist attacks for that matter)

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: corvette ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I heard about that on the local news last night, I just couldn't believe it.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>My wife is convinced that it was "his time".</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's how I thought about it too. I guess that means I believe in fate.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    or how about the 10 family members killed on the plane. that's insane.

even weirder... the Pick 3 for NJ the day of the crash was 587
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>\t

even weirder... the Pick 3 for NJ the day of the crash was 587</strong><hr></blockquote>

No way :eek: That's crazy.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I'm waiting for the: "Escaped the Russians and Taliban only to die by American bomb" thread.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by macoracle:

<strong>I'm waiting for the: "Escaped the Russians and Taliban only to die by American bomb" thread.</strong><hr></blockquote>

So go start it then.

The only thing more tragic than that is if we find out the plane was sabotaged. Truthfully, I hope it was mechanical failure. But with the tail of the plane just falling off like it did...