your observations with keeping macbook battery plugged in all the time...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hi all, new here. so i've had my white plastic mackook for over 2 years now. my charge cycle is only 43. i always take out the batt when it's plugged in. my friend has the same macbook for less than 2 years her charge cycle is around 750!!! yes, she leaves her batt in 24/7.

since apple has taken this trend to integrate the batt within the macbook casing.does it mean we will be getting unnecessarily high charge cycles? i mean, the batt will be charging all the time whenever it reads 98 or 99%.

what you ya think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I think that batteries degrade over time whether you use them or not. My guess is that your 2-year-old, 43-charge cycle battery doesn't offer good run time any more and doesn't take much of a charge when it is run down.

Apple has said that it takes steps to prevent "short charge cycles" in its batteries, meaning that the battery won't charge when it reads 98% or 99% full. You might want to visit apple.com/batteries and see some of their recommendations on optimizing battery performance - including the recommendation that you actually use the battery if you want to get the most life out of it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    <delete>