XPod... will Apple let them do it?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.mediafour.com/products/xpod/"; target="_blank">http://www.mediafour.com/products/xpod/</a>;

Hmm. I woulda thought Apple would own the only rights to produce this kind of software... I am right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Apple could always block them until they decide that it's time to let windows users in... Like PocketMac... let someone else do the R&D this time
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Looks like a hoax to me.

- T.I.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Yeah, looks like they are trying to make a large list of email addresses so they can sell them.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Yeah, looks like they are trying to make a large list of email addresses so they can sell them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I doubt it is a hoax. They also make MacDrive 2000, a utility for mounting HFS and HFS+ disks on Windows machines. Having that intellectual property takes them at least half the way to creating an iPod client.

Apple couldn't stop them from selling this app even if they wanted to. (Just like they can't stop you from installing Linux on your Mac.) But why would they want to? Apple will still get their $400, they still won't have to worry about fielding any support calls with funky Windows hardware, and those Windows users who have an iPod would be much more likely to consider using a Mac in the future.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Mojo the Monkey ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    Well what would apple sue them for? if apple does it then i would have NO MORE RESPECT for apple. Sueing people when they are helping htem
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Ah yes.. Apple seems to be everyone's R&D team anymore

Being Politically Correct is retarded.