WARNING: About half of the new Nvidia white Macbooks have defective screens!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Greetings Apple Insiders,

I've recently purchased a new Nvidia White Macbook that has severe horizontal banding all across the screen. You can find photographs of the problem here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=690667

Apparently about half of the Macbooks currently in circulation have this problem. I based my purchasing decision after looking at a display model at the Apple Store with the good LG screen, only to end up receiving the terribly inferior Samsung screen. It's so obviously inferior, especially when you put them next to one another. I took mine into the Apple Store, put it side by side next to the LG display model and showed the Genius all the differences. The Genius and the assistant Manager both agreed that there was a serious problem with my screen that did not appear on the display model and agreed to replace the screen, but they have no way of knowing if the replacement is a good one or a bad one before they put it in.

If you have this problem as well please post! We need to get Apple to acknowledge this problem publicly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hello Anybody out there?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Anybody?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Billy_ca View Post

Hello Anybody out there?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Anybody?

*waving hands*

you didn't see anything...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

*waving hands*

you didn't see anything...

Man, are Apple Insider Forums always this dead?

This is deader than dead.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Don't you ask those who have this problem to post? I thought you would have realise no one but you here have a defective one rather than claiming AppleInsider forums dead ones.