Verizon subsidizing Mac Touch? or iTouch, or whatever it will be called?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Allow me to clarify- if it is not purchasable without the subsidy and data contract I will be pissed!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    This device will be available without a phone company data contract. That would kill said device, as the only folks who could have afforded it already likely have a phone contract, and wouldn't get a second one. So no, you need not worry about that.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    snapplesnapple Posts: 3member
    It also limits sales to the US market until Apple can negotiate agreements with carriers in other countries which would annoy many Apple fans outside of the US.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I have to agree with the guy that said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.



    That however doesn't mean I wouldn't like the option. What I'm really hoping for is that Apple provides for a slot for the wide area networking card of our choice or no card if we want to rely upon WiFi. Hopefully Apple understands that choice is more important that a bad contract with a company we don't want to do business with.



    I'm also hoping they realize this thing needs lots of Flash space. 256GB would be nice for the lowend.



    So Apple read this: we want reasonable options!





    Dave
  • Reply 4 of 4
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    Allow me to clarify- if it is not purchasable without the subsidy and data contract I will be pissed!



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    This device will be available without a phone company data contract. That would kill said device, as the only folks who could have afforded it already likely have a phone contract, and wouldn't get a second one. So no, you need not worry about that.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snapple View Post


    It also limits sales to the US market until Apple can negotiate agreements with carriers in other countries which would annoy many Apple fans outside of the US.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


    I have to agree with the guy that said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.



    That however doesn't mean I wouldn't like the option. What I'm really hoping for is that Apple provides for a slot for the wide area networking card of our choice or no card if we want to rely upon WiFi. Hopefully Apple understands that choice is more important that a bad contract with a company we don't want to do business with.



    I'm also hoping they realize this thing needs lots of Flash space. 256GB would be nice for the lowend.



    So Apple read this: we want reasonable options!





    Dave



    I agree with all of the above.

    The only way it would work is if the wireless 3g was an OPTION and not mandatory. It would be suicide if it was mandatory for you to have a contract before you can even have the device.

    I don't think Apple is that stupid.



    *sigh* However, I must say I'm still upset over this fiasco with the chinese kid. I don't feel like saying mactouch ftw anymore.
Sign In or Register to comment.