Heist

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I haven't been to the movies in a while. Maybe I can talk somebody into seeing this one with me. (I'm not really in the mood for another "chick flick" right now.) Has anybody here seen this one yet?

Film

Matt Zoller Seitz

<a href="http://www.nypress.com/14/46/film/film2.cfm"; target="_blank">Heist</a>

Directed by David Mamet

[quote]Gene Hackman abideth. He makes every movie seem better than it is; at least, he makes his parts of movies seem better. In Heist, a clever, straightforward genre flick that delivers pretty much what the title suggests and not much more, Hackman is surrounded by actors cut from similar cloth, including Delroy Lindo, Danny DeVito and illusionist and raconteur Ricky Jay. They're all at the top of their games - notably DeVito, who plays master thief Hackman's pint-sized, double-crossing silent partner; the meaner and scuzzier DeVito is, the more fun he is, and the more willing you are to excuse his tendency to go cute and fuzzy in other people's movies.... <hr></blockquote>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    The previews certainly look good...I'll probably see it this weekend.

Gene Hackman is always solid and reliable and does a good job...one of my favorites.

And I liked Delroy Lindo in "Ransom".

The woman that play's Hackman's wife (girlfriend?) in "Heist" is quite attractive (don't know who she is), so that's another reason to check it out.