Staggering insight...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

<a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,38802,00.html"; target="_blank">http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,38802,00.html</a>;

My favorite part?

"Shani Manor, a 17-year-old from Israel, was teary-eyed as she emerged from the rubble of the twin towers where her cousin died. She was shocked at the size of the hole where buildings once stood.

Manor described herself as a peace activist, but said she would have stabbed Usama bin Laden had he had been standing beside her.

'It was the first time in my life I felt hatred,' she told the Portland Press Herald. 'It was horrible.'"

Well, aren't you blessed and extra enlightened? Even the most wordly, noble and pure-hearted 17-year-olds lapse into nasty reality sometimes.

Get used to it, kid...comes with the job.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Peace protesters of that age and our nationality generally have an extremely sheltered life. I can think of few things more effective to drive them to the real world.

"She was my friend and I love her, but she's Arab and I'm not feeling really good about Arabs right now," Manor said.

Wow, she did a 180. She's going to be sittin' out back a trailer in 'bama chewin' 'backy with Cletis and Harlan.

I heard that their original charter has been revised to say only, "Find this ****ing bastard and make him die ****ing slowly!"

• Reply 2 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Consequently, I can't even imagine the kind of rage I'd feel if I was ever there personally . . . man, my religion's getting lost and I'm just reading about it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, I think that anyone who's halfway human and has a heart is GOING to feel these things and it's only natural.

Only a sheltered, naive youth raised on a decade-plus diet of "we all get along and love each other" and the like would actually be shocked by those feelings and feel as though she has to explain or justify it.

Like the rest of us aren't too?

In any case, it just struck me as funny and kinda weird at the same time.

Shades of bradlbower (16 years old) giving JohnKentucky (37 or so) complete hell the other night in the OI chat...telling him how the world REALLY is and teaching John how things work. Seemed kinda wrong to me, somehow.

John was classic and said something along the lines of "get out, get a job, pay a bill or two, THEN talk to me about how 'the world works'!"

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]An Egyptian friend wrapped her arms around Manor to comfort her. "She was my friend and I love her, but she's Arab and I'm not feeling really good about Arabs right now," Manor said.<hr></blockquote>

*sigh*
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Hmmmmm maybe she should stop "not feeling too googd about Arabs" and maybe start feeling not too good about murdering scum bags that hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings. This kid needs to learn that asshole-ism is not regulated to any specific nationality...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkInsane:

<strong>Hmmmmm maybe she should stop "not feeling too googd about Arabs" and maybe start feeling not too good about murdering scum bags that hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings. This kid needs to learn that asshole-ism is not regulated to any specific nationality...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just remember she comes from a country that has been invaded and terrorized by Arabs since its existance, not that I'm agreeing with what she said. But you have to realize her perspective of these events will be different than an American's.