Jar Jar is in the new Star Wars!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Oh, the only thing to make the new Star Wars a hit is to have Jar Jar die a miserable, horrific death.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    I'm thinking a nice vertical bisection by lightsaber.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Lucas is obviously using children as his storyline consultants again...he's forgotten how to make a good movie I think. Not that the original three were grand masterpieces, but they were definitely better put together than the last POS.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Hate to say this but I think Lucas has lost it IMHO. Jar Jar is a joke, literally and Lucas has definately been influenced by Hollywood WAAAAYYY to much. Oh well, perhaps Jar Jar does die. Heck, that would give me a bonus reason to go see it when it comes out.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by MajorMatt:

<strong>Oh, the only thing to make the new Star Wars a hit is to have Jar Jar die a miserable, horrific death. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, right at the beginning of the movie.

J :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Agreed. But Jar Jar tested huge among young kids. My 6-year old thought he was a hoot and ran around the house talking like him, much to my dismay.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    [quote]Lucas is obviously using children as his storyline consultants again...he's forgotten how to make a good movie I think.<hr></blockquote>

One word:

Ewok
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Bilateral vivisection of the Binks!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    My nice and nephew think Jar Jar is freaking great. I never hated those kids until now. Jar Jar the racist Binks should die. fscking young vader should to the voodoo choke thing on him.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>My nice and nephew think Jar Jar is freaking great. I never hated those kids until now. Jar Jar the racist Binks should die. fscking young vader should to the voodoo choke thing on him.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ooh ooh! An adolescent Annakin Skywalker, just learning the ways of the force, in a fit of teenaged angst turns Jar Jar inside out! Maybe that's when he's turned to the dark side?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I bet Jar Jar dies in "Episode II". I just have a feeling. If he does, it's going to be funny as hell to hear the cheering and clapping in the theater.

That, and little 7-year-old kids crying.

:eek:

Ouch, where did that come from? Sorry, that's not like me at all to say that! Oops...

In any case, someone fairly major to the plot (or a leading, popular character) in each of the four existing movies has died (or in the case of "Empire", got frozen in carbonite), so I can't think of a better way to continue that tradition than with Shufflin' Camel-face himself.

But they'll probably whack out Sam Jackson, thereby clearing the way for the saga to be "brother free" until the smooth intro of a caped Billy Dee in "Empire", where he so righteously puts the moves on Leia, giving Han "Mandigo"-inspired visions and twitches and thoughts of "shoulda killed him when I had the chance..."

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 13
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Kinda wierd why they feel the need to have a character to pull in the kids, its not like the movie is likely to bomb.

Imagine JarJar in the Empire Strikes Back, how F'ing crap would that have made that movie?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>I bet Jar Jar dies in "Episode II". I just have a feeling. If he does, it's going to be funny as hell to hear the cheering and clapping in the theater.

That, and little 7-year-old kids crying.

:eek:

Ouch, where did that come from? Sorry, that's not like me at all to say that! Oops...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yah, but it was funny though!

Seriously, I would laugh my arse off if Jar Jar bit the big one in the next ep. Little kids be damned. Lucas' problem is that he couldn't decide who he wanted to make the last episode for...the adults who saw the original trilogy, or little kids, so he could hook them into buying action figures too.

Ridiculous. Jar Jar must be roast over an open pit!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Anyone see the ads for "r2d2 under the dome" running on TV? The story of how success went to r2s head ... dome.

I said it a long time ago that I WOULD NOT see E2 if it blew.