A Bad Day trying to upgrade to 3Gs

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Below is the text from a posting at apple about my experience at AT&T. Apparently the apple moderators don't want people knowing about this issue and removed my post with no explanation. Maybe someone here will be helped.

------------

So I am complaining and I know you don't know me, but I wanted to tell everyone what happened to me today at AT&T. Mostly so that other people might not let the same thing happen to them.

So I had both the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. I bought them the day they came out. So I wanted to upgrade to the 3Gs. I logged on to AT&T and found out that I would have to pay the early upgrade price $200 more. But on the web page which I did not print or screen print, it said if I waited until after July 24th, I would qualify for the standard upgrade.

So I anxiously waited until today. Had to work all weekend. I go to the AT&T store and guess what. The 7/24/09 date had magically changed to 12/24/09. She said sorry but that is what it says and still wanted to charge me $200 more.

I called AT&T and Apple both and they said yep that's the price and we don't know how it could have changed. So I got the shaft...

Anyway If any of you guys are waiting on a date BE CAREFUL. Print out the page, go to AT&T and make them print out the page. I am really mad today for a couple reasons. One I love the iPhone and just couldn't wait to get and two I had convince my Fiance and her kids to move over to AT&T and get the iPhone. We were all there at the store ready to get them and now nothing. As an apple shareholder, this kind of stuff is very upsetting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkempster View Post

Below is the text from a posting at apple about my experience at AT&T. Apparently the apple moderators don't want people knowing about this issue and removed my post with no explanation. Maybe someone here will be helped.

------------

So I am complaining and I know you don't know me, but I wanted to tell everyone what happened to me today at AT&T. Mostly so that other people might not let the same thing happen to them.

So I had both the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. I bought them the day they came out. So I wanted to upgrade to the 3Gs. I logged on to AT&T and found out that I would have to pay the early upgrade price $200 more. But on the web page which I did not print or screen print, it said if I waited until after July 24th, I would qualify for the standard upgrade.

So I anxiously waited until today. Had to work all weekend. I go to the AT&T store and guess what. The 7/24/09 date had magically changed to 12/24/09. She said sorry but that is what it says and still wanted to charge me $200 more.

I called AT&T and Apple both and they said yep that's the price and we don't know how it could have changed. So I got the shaft...

Anyway If any of you guys are waiting on a date BE CAREFUL. Print out the page, go to AT&T and make them print out the page. I am really mad today for a couple reasons. One I love the iPhone and just couldn't wait to get and two I had convince my Fiance and her kids to move over to AT&T and get the iPhone. We were all there at the store ready to get them and now nothing. As an apple shareholder, this kind of stuff is very upsetting.

Kind of feel sad for you. Never mind, you can always wait for 2010's iPhone? By then, I'll sell my white 32gb 3gs on ebay and pay for the high end iphone without having to pay extra!