Screen shot while zoomed in?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is this possible? Is there maybe a third-party application out there that can do this?

I was trying to illustrate to someone the difference between smoothing on and off while using the universal access zoom feature, but when I tried to take screen shots (cmd-shft-3, cmd-shft-4) to post, it just takes a picture of the whole screen (or section), regardless of the fact that I'm zoomed into a specific area...

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I got it to work with cmd-shft-4; was a bit tricky because I'm not used to zooming the screen.

Have you adjusted the options for zoom, such as follow the cursor, etc?

You could also try SnapzPro which will also allow you to make a video.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

They have a trial period of about 15 days, I think, so it should allow you to make your presentation. A very useful app to have, BTW, if you don't already.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Amy--

If you use the Grab application in the Utilities folder, you can take selection-screen-shots of zoomed in tiles.

Brian

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AMY. View Post

Is this possible? Is there maybe a third-party application out there that can do this?

I was trying to illustrate to someone the difference between smoothing on and off while using the universal access zoom feature, but when I tried to take screen shots (cmd-shft-3, cmd-shft-4) to post, it just takes a picture of the whole screen (or section), regardless of the fact that I'm zoomed into a specific area...

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Thanks