Craig Kilborn: Yea or Nay?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I say: thumbs down. That show is bad. It's just not funny, and the audience seems to be composed of a bunch of frat kids who hoot and holler when the "Applause" sign lights up.

Sometimes he has a guest on who's pretty funny, like Dennis Miller the other day. But Kilborn himself is just not funny. Those sketches like "And now it's time for 'Craig Tries to Ask A Girl Out But Gets Shot Down' " are like fingernails on a blackboard.

The "Daily Show" was good when he hosted it, but I suspect that was more the "Daily Show's" writers responsible for that, not Kilborn. Plus: It's funnier with Jon Stewart.

Let me put it this way: When was the last time you heard someone say: "Hey, did you see Craig Kilborn last night?" Never.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    As host of the "Feel Good Edition" of SportsCenter (Rauf, Rauf, Rauf is on fire!) yea. As the smug, smirking late night talk show host, nay.

Jeff
  • Reply 2 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Kilborn is one of the only reasons I turn on the television.

I love those "Craig. . ." bits.

He was awesome on ESPN and his show is great. Jon Stewart rules the Daily Show but his talk show attempts always fell flat on their face.

Kilby!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Nay. He's smirky and something about him grates on me. Plus, I don't think he's funny.

He reminds me of a real life version of that character James Spader played in "Pretty in Pink".

• Reply 4 of 10
    Last year he did a bit where he had a picture of Bush with the caption, "Snipers Wanted". I wouldn't care if he had the funniest show on television there's no way I'd watch - nay, nyet, no way, nope, not a snowball's chance in hell.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Kilborn has more "cute chick" guests than any other talk show...he has one for almost every taping. And the things he gets them to do with him...

A long time ago...Catherine Zeta-Jones...they ate bacon a la Lady and the Tramp (the spaghetti)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Big Nay. He was ok when he started out as a measly SportsCenter guy, but it was all downhill from there. Just another pretty boy with a sarcastic streak.

In the face of Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen, he is nothing...he is...toe jam.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Kilborn = great.

Probably cuz he reminds me of me.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Does anyone have a clip of the "Bring your stuff" guy? Or, at least, could you describe what it is?

I've never seen Craig Kilborn or seen that segment, but it's from a city council meeting here (Richmond, VA). The guy who's on the tape (Sa'ad El-Amin) is certainly an interesting guy...whoever's ass he was threating to kick no doubt deserved it.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Just stick with Letterman and you'll be fine
  • Reply 10 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Killborn sucks. he sucks bigtime.. not funny at all. just dumb. possibly the worst show on television. I'd rather watch the arsenio hall show or that wayans brother show than his crappy show.

Letterman then Conan for me.