I don't know what to do about sleeping...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here is my thing, I have been using my Black 2006 MacBook religiously like this:

1. Startup in the morning around 9:00 am,

2. sleep wake sleep wake wash rinse and repeat the whole day till...

3. Around 11:00 pm a full shutdown at night.

Then a full repeat of 1, 2, and 3, everyday for the past 2 years +.

I have a new idea, because I have a serious routine I go thru, setting up my work environment, that takes about 45 minutes to an hour every day in the morning after step 1 above. The new idea is simple, I want to leave the MacBook running, in sleep mode of course, over night. Leave it all setup and just resume where I left off instead of starting up every morning.

Does anyone have any experience running like this? I shutdown every night and I haven't had 1 problem with my MacBook. I just don't want to have any problems. I think that this style of workflow won't be any stress, but with this setup I would never shutdown or restart unless I seriously have too. Restarting just wouldn't happen... it's just I think of my machines as alive, and I feel like it would suck if it never got that refresh feeling of never shutting down and being completely off for a 8 hours.

Any experience living like this with a MacBook would be helpful.

Thanks and Laters...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I almost never shut down my Mac. Restart it when it downloads updates, apart from that it sleeps when I'm not using it. Never had a problem.