iTunes TV syncing going bananas

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have iTunes set-up to sync over the latest episodes of various TV series, however recently it's been behaving more and more erratically. Basically it's copying the wrong episodes to my iPhone.

For example, I may have already watched episodes 1, 2, and 3, and have 4, 5, and 6 unwatched (and flagged as such in iTunes). iTunes is set to copy the least recent unwatched episodes, and it used to work, however now it will choose, seemingly at random, which unwatched episode to sync. And so when I'm sitting on the train ready to watch episode 4, I find I only have episode 6... It's beginning to annoy me.

I'm guessing my iTunes library is corrupt somehow? The TV episodes all seem to be tagged correctly, and play fine on my iPhone, PC, and Apple TV, but they just won't sync in the right order anymore...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

I have iTunes set-up to sync over the latest episodes of various TV series, however recently it's been behaving more and more erratically. Basically it's copying the wrong episodes to my iPhone.

For example, I may have already watched episodes 1, 2, and 3, and have 4, 5, and 6 unwatched (and flagged as such in iTunes). iTunes is set to copy the least recent unwatched episodes, and it used to work, however now it will choose, seemingly at random, which unwatched episode to sync. And so when I'm sitting on the train ready to watch episode 4, I find I only have episode 6... It's beginning to annoy me.

I'm guessing my iTunes library is corrupt somehow? The TV episodes all seem to be tagged correctly, and play fine on my iPhone, PC, and Apple TV, but they just won't sync in the right order anymore...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Could be. Try downloading 8.2.1 , backup and see how it goes.