Where did my picture go?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I took a picture of my screen, actually three, and I can't find the pictures. When I've done this in the past the picture is dropped onto my desktop. But its not there.

I'm pretty sure the picture was taken because each time I did the simulated 'flash' sound was heard. I looked in iPhoto and in the pictures folder. I tried finding them with spotlight but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Try the Documents folder.

And if it's not there use Spotlight or the Finder's "Find..." command (in the "File" menu) to look for "Picture#.jpg" or "Picture#.png" (# = number).
  • Reply 2 of 10
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Try the Documents folder.

And if it's not there use Spotlight or the Finder's "Find..." command (in the "File" menu) to look for "Picture#.jpg" or "Picture#.png" (# = number).

Did all that.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    problem solved
  • Reply 4 of 10
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

problem solved

What was happening?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

What was happening?

I screwed up. I was taking a screen shot by holding the 'ctrl' + 'command' + 'shift' +'4' keys. The flash sound was going off like a screen pic was being taken but it wasn't leaving the picture on my desktop.

Now that I'm using the proper keyboard sequence ('command'+'shift'+'4'), its working right.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

I screwed up.

In consumer Newspeak that's: "user error".
  • Reply 7 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

I screwed up. I was taking a screen shot by holding the 'ctrl' + 'command' + 'shift' +'4' keys. The flash sound was going off like a screen pic was being taken but it wasn't leaving the picture on my desktop.

Now that I'm using the proper keyboard sequence ('command'+'shift'+'4'), its working right.

So are you saying that 'ctrl' + 'command' + 'shift' +'4' is a valid key combination that does nothing but produce the flash sound? That's odd. I'll have to try this when I get home.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

So are you saying that 'ctrl' + 'command' + 'shift' +'4' is a valid key combination that does nothing but produce the flash sound? That's odd. I'll have to try this when I get home.

It did for me. Weird, eh?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    mpwmpw Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Doesn't that place the picture on the clipboard? Like you I'll try it from home... and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a shutter, not a flash??
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw View Post

Doesn't that place the picture on the clipboard?

I tried it again and you're right.