iTunes 8.2.1 is a nightmare for jailbreaking iPhone 3G?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Check out what they do now to see if you're doing a genuine Apple install/restore:







Halfway thorough the restore is this new verifying thing, which until hacked remains a bolted door for jailbrkeaing. I believe it's a little easier to get it done on Windows for some reason.



For now my iPhone will remain bricked. I was getting so fed up with the dropping WiFi bug I tried to upgrade to a jailbroken 3.1 Now I'm up shit creek.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,468member
    Ok, turns out same thing happens on iTunes 8.0.2 on my other Mac. Darn...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Check out what they do now to see if you're doing a genuine Apple install/restore:







    Halfway thorough the restore is this new verifying thing, which until hacked remains a bolted door for jailbrkeaing. I believe it's a little easier to get it done on Windows for some reason.



    For now my iPhone will remain bricked. I was getting so fed up with the dropping WiFi bug I tried to upgrade to a jailbroken 3.1 Now I'm up shit creek.



    I actually just came back from the Apple Store for my wifi dropping. Never had a problem with any of my other iPhones but this 3GS gets just one single dot for wifi. My old Edge(GF has it now) will run a youtube video twice as fast over wifi. SO, I am currently updating to 3.0.1 and then restoring from a backup and I'll let you know if the wifi works any better now on this brand new 3GS that they just swapped for me an hour ago.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Check out what they do now to see if you're doing a genuine Apple install/restore:

    Halfway thorough the restore is this new verifying thing, which until hacked remains a bolted door for jailbrkeaing. I believe it's a little easier to get it done on Windows for some reason.



    For now my iPhone will remain bricked. I was getting so fed up with the dropping WiFi bug I tried to upgrade to a jailbroken 3.1 Now I'm up shit creek.



    That's what you should be prepared for when you jailbreak. Problems syncing and other stuff like that. Apple has already mentioned this before.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post


    That's what you should be prepared for when you jailbreak. Problems syncing and other stuff like that. Apple has already mentioned this before.



    Oh do shut up. Go off and send Apple a Valentines card.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Oh do shut up. Go off and send Apple a Valentines card.



    Oh, it's not Valentines yet. Do you even have a calendar? Sigh.. calendars are so widely available and people don't have them still..
  • Reply 6 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post


    Oh, it's not Valentines yet. Do you even have a calendar? Sigh.. calendars are so widely available and people don't have them still..



    iCal biotch!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post


    I actually just came back from the Apple Store for my wifi dropping. Never had a problem with any of my other iPhones but this 3GS gets just one single dot for wifi. My old Edge(GF has it now) will run a youtube video twice as fast over wifi. SO, I am currently updating to 3.0.1 and then restoring from a backup and I'll let you know if the wifi works any better now on this brand new 3GS that they just swapped for me an hour ago.



    It's the OS, not he phone.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    It's the OS, not he phone.



    Perhaps the jailbreak softwar, yes. sorry I don't have mine jailbroken.



    This new 3GS still has shitty wifi. The other iPhones here in the house are all running 3.0.1 and none of them have these issues. I'm going to go on the assumption that the wifi in the new iPhone is a part of cheaper hardware. I'm sure some people don't notice the spotty wifi because they're closer to their routers. I'm about 80ft from the airport extreme.



    Now I have a different problem though. This screen has a slight yellow tint to it compared to our other iPhones side by side. Haven't decided whether or not I'm going to have it swapped again.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Any chance you can put the iPhone into recovery mode and get it up and running so it's not bricked at least?
Sign In or Register to comment.