Does anyone know where I can get Xcode 3.1.2 and iPhone SDK 2.2.1?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I do not wish to use the latest release just yet, but the images have disappeared from the net.

Does anyone know where this might be found? As far as Apple is concerned...

Let the release of 2.2.1 be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Apple. Let the release of 2.2.1 be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of the Internet for all time.

...just because us poor folk on G4 want to develop something to earn a few bob so we can afford to buy a nice new Intel Mac...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post

I do not wish to use the latest release just yet, but the images have disappeared from the net.

Does anyone know where this might be found? As far as Apple is concerned...

Let the release of 2.2.1 be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Apple. Let the release of 2.2.1 be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of the Internet for all time.

...just because us poor folk on G4 want to develop something to earn a few bob so we can afford to buy a nice new Intel Mac...

The current version of Xcode can build iPhone apps that target any released platform from 1.0 through 3.0. So, you don't need an older copy of Xcode, you can use the latest.

But, you need an Intel Mac to use the iPhone SDK.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palter View Post

But, you need an Intel Mac to use the iPhone SDK.

To use all features and to release your application - yes. But you still can develop and debug on PPC machine.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

To use all features and to release your application - yes. But you still can develop and debug on PPC machine.

Alas, the XIB handler blows a fuse on 3.0SDK/3.1.3Xcode due to wrong platform.

If someone knows how to fix that, then I am all ears.

I do not have the DMGs to go back to 2.2.1/3.1.2 and I would like to deploy and put into the AppStore what I write ;-)

If anyone can help?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Alas, the XIB handler blows a fuse on 3.0SDK/3.1.3Xcode due to wrong platform.

If someone knows how to fix that, then I am all ears.

I do not have the DMGs to go back to 2.2.1/3.1.2 and I would like to deploy and put into the AppStore what I write ;-)

If anyone can help?

I tweaked it, when I needed to develop the part of app on PPC machine. I used SDK 2.2.0 at the time. Yes, the series of tweaks was needed Missing platform should have been added in several places. I could refresh my memories on how to do it exactly.

I hope seriously this may work for 2.2.1, too; but I doubt it will for 3.0. I have to investigate. But you're anyway looking for the option of downgrade

P.S. Huh! People say this is possible to make 3.0 work. I try when I have a spare weekend.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

I tweaked it, when I needed to develop the part of app on PPC machine. I used SDK 2.2.0 at the time. Yes, the series of tweaks was needed Missing platform should have been added in several places. I could refresh my memories on how to do it exactly.

I hope seriously this may work for 2.2.1, too; but I doubt it will for 3.0. I have to investigate. But you're anyway looking for the option of downgrade

The steps would be great. I had added the PPC chips to the config but the 3.0 kicker is that the Cocoa NIB handler is not a universal binary...

The DMGs for both are the real goal. It is ironic as I used to keep/archive many of my key downloads cos you never knew when...
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

The steps would be great. I had added the PPC chips to the config but the 3.0 kicker is that the Cocoa NIB handler is not a universal binary...

The DMGs for both are the real goal. It is ironic as I used to keep/archive many of my key downloads cos you never knew when...

I must have 2.2.0 DMGs. But I didn't upgrade to 2.2.1 as far as I remember. (To not annihilate my dev environment and all those tweaks at once. )
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

I must have 2.2.0 DMGs. But I didn't upgrade to 2.2.1 as far as I remember. (To not annihilate my dev environment and all those tweaks at once. )

I am sure I could live with 2.2.0! Getting a working devt environment that recognises GPS and can deploy is the key for me.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

I am sure I could live with 2.2.0! Getting a working devt environment that recognises GPS and can deploy is the key for me.

I look in my Downloads... Guess what?

• Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

I look in my Downloads... Guess what?

I *think* I managed to find the SDK dmg, so Xcode 3.1.2 is the next to find.

Amazed that Apple does not keep this "in stock" for people to download who do not wish to use 3.1.3...
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I have found the 2.2 and 2.2.1 links (requires ACD login)

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/do...2621_final.dmg

and

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/do...2621afinal.dmg

THe Xcode 3.1.2 is also behind the ADC velvet curtain.

Thse two are going on my RAID.

Many thanks to your help Ivan - the dmg file name in your screenshot gave the correct hook to refine my search.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

I have found the 2.2 and 2.2.1 links (requires ACD login)

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/do...2621_final.dmg

and

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/do...2621afinal.dmg

THe Xcode 3.1.2 is also behind the ADC velvet curtain.

Thse two are going on my RAID.

Many thanks to your help Ivan - the dmg file name in your screenshot gave the correct hook to refine my search.

No way, alas. Everything that goes via ADC is redirected onto 3.0/3.1 beta. Personally, I never use torrents, but some godforsaken one may be the only place, where you can still get 2.2.1. They did do good clean
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Don't log on first, just follow the links for the SDK and then log in to ADC and seach developer tools and keep going down the list until 3.1.2 Xcode appears.

If I did not see the DMGs now on my HDD, I would agree with you, but they are still there for now!

xcode312_2621_developerdvd

iphone_sdk_for_iphone_os_2.2

iphone_sdk_for_iphone_os_2.2.19m2621afinal

All from the Apple site.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Don't log on first, just follow the links for the SDK and then log in to ADC and seach developer tools and keep going down the list until 3.1.2 Xcode appears.

If I did not see the DMGs now on my HDD, I would agree with you, but they are still there for now!

xcode312_2621_developerdvd

iphone_sdk_for_iphone_os_2.2

iphone_sdk_for_iphone_os_2.2.19m2621afinal

All from the Apple site.

Umm... Weird. I tried many times yesterday. They always proposed me 3.0. OK, I might have followed other links.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Is this is a zombie thread? 2.2.1 was so last year!