MacBook Pro Won't Start

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was using my Macbook Pro, finished, put it to sleep and left for a few hours. When I came back it was off. I try to turn it on and the power light comes on and I can hear the disk for about 3 second and then it just shuts off again. I searched the apple support site for this problem and I've done these things... http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365

I play computer games on it and often the battery would drain. I would plug it in when the 10 minute warning came up, and the little light on the MagSafe plug would turn from green to amber. Lately it had been turning back to green even though the battery icon on the screen said the battery wasn't charged, sometimes the computer would even shut down even though it was plugged in (again, it was plugged in and the light was green, even though the battery icon said it wasn't charged). Maybe it's related to my computer not turning on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamesonsedlacek View Post

I was using my Macbook Pro, finished, put it to sleep and left for a few hours. When I came back it was off. I try to turn it on and the power light comes on and I can hear the disk for about 3 second and then it just shuts off again. I searched the apple support site for this problem and I've done these things... http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365

I play computer games on it and often the battery would drain. I would plug it in when the 10 minute warning came up, and the little light on the MagSafe plug would turn from green to amber. Lately it had been turning back to green even though the battery icon on the screen said the battery wasn't charged, sometimes the computer would even shut down even though it was plugged in (again, it was plugged in and the light was green, even though the battery icon said it wasn't charged). Maybe it's related to my computer not turning on?

I had this problem once somewhere in the 10.5.5 range, and that KB solved the problem (SMC reset). Step 10 seems to be the option now, but u might want to try applejack AUTO first - once, just for good luck. Are u on snow leopard?