Iphone Over-Heating problems being covered up!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I had to send my iphone back because it went Red Hot every time i put it on charge, and the battery life sucked...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asheron View Post

I had to send my iphone back because it went Red Hot every time i put it on charge, and the battery life sucked...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm

O RLY? Proof or it didn't happen. How long does your battery life last on a full charge?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Prove it or it didn't happen?

Your weird!

About 3 hours Average, it would sometimes freeze

up and turn off also, my Replacement

phone is great. Strange but felt more heavy

then the first one, I thought they sent me an old

iPhone. But average 12 hour now. Very fast to replace

I do like apple customer care!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I don't doubt that some defective iPhones (or their batteries) have overheated, but what makes you think there is a "cover up"?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Prove it or it didn't happen?

Your weird!

About 3 hours Average, it would sometimes freeze

up and turn off also, my Replacement

phone is great. Strange but felt more heavy

then the first one, I thought they sent me an old

iPhone. But average 12 hour now. Very fast to replace

I do like apple customer care!

I see. How could the replacement be heavier? Guess it's just psychological thinking..
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I don't doubt that some defective iPhones (or their batteries) have overheated, but what makes you think there is a "cover up"?

28 August 2009 "To date, there are no confirmed battery overheating incidents for iPhone 3GS and the number of reports we are investigating is in the single digits," Apple said in a statement.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

28 August 2009 "To date, there are no confirmed battery overheating incidents for iPhone 3GS and the number of reports we are investigating is in the single digits," Apple said in a statement.

So I guess you are saying there are confirmed reports of overheating. Who has confirmed this?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

So I guess you are saying there are confirmed reports of overheating. Who has confirmed this?

Upon reading the most recent AI article, I can safely say that there is no such thing as an iPhone overheating and exploding after Apple's investigations on every single case.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

Upon reading the most recent AI article, I can safely say that there is no such thing as an iPhone overheating and exploding after Apple's investigations on every single case.

How can you say that from reading an article on a website? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Were you there (Or Apple for that matter) when someone got heavy with the thermal paste? No. And no one will ever know for certain.

When Apple says they've "Investigated" this, it means they've approached the person, looked a the product, told them they'd say it was lie if there was no cooperation, and Apple's people leave the person a few dollars richer and with some shiny new toys.

Most people would keep quiet for that, even if their iPhone really had exploded.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

How can you say that from reading an article on a website? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Were you there (Or Apple for that matter) when someone got heavy with the thermal paste? No. And no one will ever know for certain.

When Apple says they've "Investigated" this, it means they've approached the person, looked a the product, told them they'd say it was lie if there was no cooperation, and Apple's people leave the person a few dollars richer and with some shiny new toys.

Most people would keep quiet for that, even if their iPhone really had exploded.

I guess that's true and that you have a point there. But what if Apple had really investigated?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Quote:

I guess that's true and that you have a point there. But what if Apple had really investigated?

When you have situations where you have the fox guarding the hen house, a bit of skepticism isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Not that I know what side to take here. My experience is that they are generally quick to replace something if it's not working properly, even when the tech doesn't think it will solve the problem. One thing I am reasonably convinced of is that the overheating & battery problems is pretty rare, maybe one in a million given the figures we see from the relevant regulatory agencies. So really, people are quibbling with how those one in a million cases are being handled.