PowerMac ship time now 10 days

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It was 7 days now it's ten. Crystal Clear savings runs out in 11 days. Apple store was down last night as well. All these rumors about new powermacs. I think somethings about to happen...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by M5884:

<strong>It was 7 days now it's ten. Crystal Clear savings runs out in 11 days. Apple store was down last night as well. All these rumors about new powermacs. I think somethings about to happen...</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes there is rumors of Appolo G4 coming ...Perhaps the new powermac where not ready for MWSF, but apple has not the time to wait for tokyo. He will prefer to do busisness rather than do a big happening;
  • Reply 2 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Didn't some people say it was more than 7 days the past few weeks?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>

yes there is rumors of Appolo G4 coming ...Perhaps the new powermac where not ready for MWSF, but apple has not the time to wait for tokyo. He will prefer to do busisness rather than do a big happening;</strong><hr></blockquote>

These aren't the Apollo. These are just speed bumped QS G4s.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    I went to the Applestore UK website a week or so ago, and the delivery/build time on a dual 800 was 15 days+....

I just checked and it is still at that figure...

Marc
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Yeah, it's been at 10 days for a while.

For what it's worth, I ordered an iPod last Sunday that also had a ship time of 10 days, and it shipped on Wednesday, only 3 days later.

Anyone actually ordered a PowerMac from the Apple Store lately? (I should know better than to ask that question...)

Alex
  • Reply 6 of 8
    m5884m5884 Posts: 69member
    Well it told me 7 days just a few days ago. Then after the store was down last night I noticed this change. I think the shipping time is very different depending on where you live. ( kinda obvious) Here in Florida it was 7 days.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by M5884:

<strong>Well it told me 7 days just a few days ago. Then after the store was down last night I noticed this change. I think the shipping time is very different depending on where you live. ( kinda obvious) Here in Florida it was 7 days.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's "time until it ships", not "time until you get it". Besides, they all ship from either Taiwan or California, so why would it be less for you in Florida?

It may very well have been 7 days at one point, I just know that I've been checking every now and then since Macworld, and I've always seen 10.

Alex
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    A friend of mine can't get an employee discount on a PowerMac G4 at the moment, but on other products yes... don't know if that is significant. or not.