Where the **** is the Kingdom of FIFE???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This topic line was part of my post on the "oops we dropped a bomb on ourselves thread"...

I just thought:

1) It was a funny reply to a stupid thread

2) I want to know where the Kingdom is. I assume Scotland.

do you know?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    It is in Scotland.

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 10
    It's a great place, you get none of the neds from Edinburgh or Dundee. Only three years left...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    The King sits in Dunfermline Toon

Drinkin' the bluid red wine...

Ancient hame o' kings, this Edenic paradise lies betwixt the mighty rivers Tay and Forth and its coast is washed by the fragrant swell o' the North Sea. And a' the while the auld lobster-men sway tae the sound o' shanties and whisky, wi' never an unkind word. A grand place.

Not only that it is the HOME o' ROCK AND ROLL since The Mighty Proclaimer Twins (Lords o' Pop) come frae Auchtermuchty there.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Sir Mac o' the Isles:

<strong>The King sits in Dunfermline Toon

Ancient hame o' kings, this Edenic paradise lies betwixt the mighty rivers Tay and Forth and its coast is washed by the fragrant swell o' the North Sea. And a' the while the auld lobster-men sway tae the sound o' shanties and whisky, wi' never an unkind word. A grand place.

Not only that it is the HOME o' ROCK AND ROLL since The Mighty Proclaimer Twins (Lords o' Pop) come frae Auchtermuchty there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey Mac, can you tell me why they weren't used in that stupid Molson advert instead of the two idiots they have in the commercial? God, what a stupid ad...the beer's piss too.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Artman!

I don't know onything aboot Molson's, but I do believe they may be making a wee appearance in that top American docudrama The Simpsons, where their all-time platinum/dilithium pop-topping-tastic number 1 500 miles will be used. A braw pair o' talented lads they are too, wi' a new album oot.
  • Reply 6 of 10

<strong>Artman!

I don't know onything aboot Molson's, </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not missing much.

They have two lame Tenacious D wanna be's singing the song and following another moron up to Canada to get a case of Molsons...when he crosses back over to the US border, he trips, crashing the case to the ground. He then turns back to get another. The one wanna be says to the other..."Should we tell him he can get it in the US?" They shrug their shoulders...bad, huh?

Proclaimer's should sue for bad taste, literally and figuratively...
  • Reply 7 of 10

<strong>The King sits in Dunfermline Toon

And a' the while the auld lobster-men sway tae the sound o' shanties and whisky, wi' never an unkind word. A grand place.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

*boggle* Have you ever *been* to Crail? Those people are surly.

Fragrant North Sea, my ass. St. Andrews smells like rotting fish
  • Reply 8 of 10
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by ColorClassicG4:

<strong>

Fragrant North Sea, my ass. St. Andrews smells like rotting fish </strong><hr></blockquote>

Or maybe it depends on who you are/who you are with?

Were you in St Andrews with a hooker maybe?

J :cool:
  • Reply 9 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by jamiemarshall:

<strong>

Or maybe it depends on who you are/who you are with?

Were you in St Andrews with a hooker maybe?

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Heck, the entire East Neuk smells like rotting fish. I think the fishermen wait just offshore for three weeks, THEN bring their catches in.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member