Ordering Macbook /w Pro 500GB 7200RPM

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've been following the hard drive issue with the 7200's quite closely and it seems like some have claimed the firmware fix for the 500gb 7200's still has not fixed the issue. With that said, I still really want the 500GB 7200 version hard drive in the macbook and don't feel like spending $120 dollars to upgrade it myself when i can select a 40 dollar upgrade option.

So here's my question, is apple still shipping brand new systems with the seagate 500gb 7200's, and if so are the MBP's still plagued with this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    this is exactly what i want to know too. i'll be picking up the same notebook in a week or so before the ipod rebate expires.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I'd say the word "plagued" is a wild overexageration. No one really knows the number of people affected but I'd suggest it was originally quite a small and limited issue. I myself have the 500 Gb 7200 and I couldn't be happier. I've never noticed the issue myself personally. It's definitely worth paying a bit extra to get a hard drive that's significantly faster in real world tests.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

I've been following the hard drive issue with the 7200's quite closely and it seems like some have claimed the firmware fix for the 500gb 7200's still has not fixed the issue. With that said, I still really want the 500GB 7200 version hard drive in the macbook and don't feel like spending $120 dollars to upgrade it myself when i can select a 40 dollar upgrade option.

So here's my question, is apple still shipping brand new systems with the seagate 500gb 7200's, and if so are the MBP's still plagued with this issue?