Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.g-technology.com/products/g-safe.cfm[

i need about 1tb of home movie DV back up

besides the g-safe what else is safe and fast. FW 400/800 a must

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    You've got Leopard, so you've already got Time Machine software. The ideal, incremental, "fire & forget" backup application for Macs. Now you only need an external harddisk of sufficient size to run Time Machine – in the background! – to backup your internal harddisk.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

You've got Leopard, so you've already got Time Machine software. The ideal, incremental, "fire & forget" backup application for Macs. Now you only need an external harddisk of sufficient size to run Time Machine ? in the background! ? to backup your internal harddisk.

yes

But which drive is the one
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

yes

But which drive is the one

Doesn't really matter at the current storage price point. Storage per GB has never been as cheap as today.

I swear by LaCie.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Doesn't really matter at the current storage price point. Storage per GB has never been as cheap as today.

I swear by LaCie.

Thanks rocket man

i think i will find a fire wire 400/ 800 500 g or 750 g aka drobo and mirrior the drives /

iomega

ga looks best so far or may samsung

i can the first week of jan is when all the new stuff is out
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Thanks rocket man

i think i will find a fire wire 400/ 800 500 g or 750 g aka drobo and mirrior the drives /

Good plan. But if you go that route you need to make it fullproof and store a regularly updated copy physically offsite. Miles away.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Good plan. But if you go that route you need to make it fullproof and store a regularly updated copy physically offsite. Miles away.

hmm good point so

if i buy 6 x 750 g

and keep 4 at home < two for use 2 for mirror > and 2 at work one for work and one for a swapping with a home copy . / I guess by jan things will becheaper .

i just lost over 1tb of data with g-raid so i am fuming and will make it fail safe as possible .

question ?? do compressed zip files lose quality of DV content ??