bin Laden apparently a freakish 40ft. giant...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Listening to the radio today (not to mention on all the cable news networks tonight) the word going around is everyone (reporters, anyway) talking about how - at 6'5" - Osama bin Laden finds himself at a disadvantage in his efforst to hide or possibly escape across the border.

I'm serious...all these media types are making it sound as though he's ****ing Paul Bunyan or something and that all Afghanis are dwarfs and that if bin Laden goes trekking through a mountain pass on the way to Pakistan, we'll see the top of his head from 30 miles away.

Jeez.

Yeah, 6'5" is a bit on the tall side, but let's get a grip.

He's SO big his head might accidentally poke out of one of the cave openings.

Who starts this kind of crap...and why do the other organizations feel the need to pick it up and run with it.

Have you SEEN the mountains and wilderness there in eastern Afghanistan? It's a tad rugged and remote. Whether you're 4'10" or 6'5" probably isn't going to make TOO much of a difference.

I swear, if you watched the news tonight and caught some of these reports talking about this, you'd swear that bin Laden was AT LEAST 20' tall or something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    everyone knows that he's probably sitting in a Paris cafe right about now...

with a shave and haircut...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You want big?

A buddy of mine sent me a picture today of a Kodiak that was shot in the Aleutians, as it charged an unsuspecting hunting party. It measured 12.5' tall and over 1600 lbs!! Biggest damn bear I have EVER seen (in a photo or otherwise). The head was the size of a large man's torso, the paws larger than the average man's head. Claws close to a foot long. Freaking enormous. Now HE would have trouble hiding in the caves of Afghanistan!

• Reply 3 of 7
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ™:

<strong>You want big?

A buddy of mine sent me a picture today of a Kodiak that was shot in the Aleutians, as it charged an unsuspecting hunting party. It measured 12.5' tall and over 1600 lbs!! Biggest damn bear I have EVER seen (in a photo or otherwise). The head was the size of a large man's torso, the paws larger than the average man's head. Claws close to a foot long. Freaking enormous. Now HE would have trouble hiding in the caves of Afghanistan!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Osama bin Laden is a bear??! :eek:

J
  • Reply 4 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Did you see on National Enquirer that Osama Bin Laden is responsible for Princess Diana's death?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>You want big?

A buddy of mine sent me a picture today of a Kodiak that was shot in the Aleutians

</strong><hr></blockquote>

MUST post picture! Please! :eek:
  • Reply 6 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I would, but I don't knowthis guy at all, much less if he wants his picture all over the internet. Apparently my friend's father knows him, and that's how he got the pictures. Let me put it to you this way: ever see that movie with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins where they get stranded in the Alaskan wilderness and have to fight off that huge bear?

The Kodiak this guy shot is almost twice as big. Yeesh! I have no idea how the hunters survived. It usually takes several well-placed rounds to bring a large bear down. Many have been known to take bullets in the head, neck and chest, and still pummel the crap out of the guy shooting. He's lucky to be alive.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>Let me put it to you this way: ever see that movie with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins where they get stranded in the Alaskan wilderness and have to fight off that huge bear?</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was a damn big bear.