Sending him back to Texas

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Woohoo! Red Sox fans rejoice! Carl Everett is out of Boston!

<a href="http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1212/1294993.html"; target="_blank">Bye Bye Carl!</a>

The chances of the Red Sox winning the World Series just tripled - Not because they got Darren Oliver, but because getting rid of Everett was 'addition by subtraction'.

I hear you'd better watch out if you headbutt an umpire in Texas; he's probably packing heat.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Woohoo! Red Sox fans rejoice! Carl Everett is out of Boston!

<a href="http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1212/1294993.html"; target="_blank">Bye Bye Carl!</a>

The chances of the Red Sox winning the World Series just tripled - Not because they got Darren Oliver, but because getting rid of Everett was 'addition by subtraction'.

I hear you'd better watch out if you headbutt an umpire in Texas; he's probably packing heat. </strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, since texans are all so dangerous...

i liked everett while he was in houston--never had a problem here. not really sure what happened up there in the northeast. mustve been that crappy weather...i know it pisses me off. cant really blame the guy...its miserable up there...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The Rangers traded a pitcher. . .

I see that our new GM isn't very bright.

Logic: Our pitching was abysmal.

New GM: "More hitters!"

We are damned to obscurity.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>The Rangers traded a pitcher. . .

I see that our new GM isn't very bright.

Logic: Our pitching was abysmal.

New GM: "More hitters!"

We are damned to obscurity.</strong><hr></blockquote>

darren oliver isnt much of a loss--he isnt exactly a quality pitcher, which is what the rangers need. so basically, theyre getting rid of one of their crap pitchers, and will maybe get a decent one...but i wouldnt count on it...

oliver was one of the reasons that the rangers had the worst staff in baseball. do they have anyone in the minor leagues who gives any kind of hope for a future??

either way, i find it amusing to watch the rangers suffer. its their own damn fault for signing a-rod, putting all their money into one player...

its a sort of karma, as a result of helping to destroy the pay-roll structure and keep normal teams from being able to have good players. hopefully, theyl think twice next time before just blindly throwing money around. but til they get their act together, crash and burn texas. crash and burn...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Hey, if you guys want our GM, come and get him! Dan Duquette is the guy I REALLY want out of Boston.

It's too bad he's under contract for a few more years.

I hope when the Red Sox get new owners, they make Duquette a janitor or something so he'll quit. A fitting punishment would be to get him to be a hot dog vendor out in the bleachers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Hey, if you guys want our GM, come and get him! Dan Duquette is the guy I REALLY want out of Boston.

It's too bad he's under contract for a few more years.

I hope when the Red Sox get new owners, they make Duquette a janitor or something so he'll quit. A fitting punishment would be to get him to be a hot dog vendor out in the bleachers. </strong><hr></blockquote>

no thats quite alright.

im happy w/ our GM...he actually knows how to build good teams...w/out spending 100 million on the whole team, let alone 1 player...