macbook won't charge or power up

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My 13" Macbook won't charge or power up. When the charging adapter is attached, the green light on the adapter plug is steady green, showing a fully charged battery, but the battery itself shows only one flashing light on it's own condition meter. It is a brand new battery so I'm sure it is not the battery. The computer will also NOT power up at all. It was working great until the charging system failed and the computer died due to the dead battery. When I attached my spare battery, which a was 75% charged, the computer would not power up at all and the light on the charger adapter stayed green instead of orange. For some reason power is not getting from the charger to the battery or from the battery to the computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naz14 View Post

My 13" Macbook won't charge or power up. When the charging adapter is attached, the green light on the adapter plug is steady green, showing a fully charged battery, but the battery itself shows only one flashing light on it's own condition meter. It is a brand new battery so I'm sure it is not the battery. The computer will also NOT power up at all. It was working great until the charging system failed and the computer died due to the dead battery. When I attached my spare battery, which a was 75% charged, the computer would not power up at all and the light on the charger adapter stayed green instead of orange. For some reason power is not getting from the charger to the battery or from the battery to the computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Most likely, there's an issue with the battery interconnect board, that bridges the battery to the main logic board. It would explain the issues seeming to lie with the battery, even after the battery being replaced. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do, I'd recommend taking the computer to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    And more importantly... Do you have Applecare?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mpwmpw Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naz14 View Post

...For some reason power is not getting from the charger to the battery or from the battery to the computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

With the charger connected will the MacBook power up? You should be able to run the MacBook without a battery even installed, if not then it the battery might be fine, and it'll be something on the logic board.

If you're out of warranty than it's (possibly) gonna be very expensive.