Who loves the stainless steel Shuffle?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a badly scratched up 8GB 1st gen Touch and since the iPod announcements were horrible ( save the iPod Nano and SS Shuffle ), I decided to get one later to replace my Touch. The Apple Store just 5 minutes down my house.



http://www.apple.com/sg/ipodshuffle/...ainless-steel/



Looks great? Thoughts?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post


    I have a badly scratched up 8GB 1st gen Touch and since the iPod announcements were horrible ( save the iPod Nano and SS Shuffle ), I decided to get one later to replace my Touch. The Apple Store just 5 minutes down my house.



    http://www.apple.com/sg/ipodshuffle/...ainless-steel/



    Looks great? Thoughts?





    It's a shiny square of metal, and the entire concept of the shuffle is lost on me. An iPod wih no screen? No thanks. It just sounds horrible.



    You should go out and buy a 64gb Touch or a 32gb 3GS. Get a real device, the shuffle is a waste of metal.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post


    It's a shiny square of metal, and the entire concept of the shuffle is lost on me. An iPod wih no screen? No thanks. It just sounds horrible.



    You should go out and buy a 64gb Touch or a 32gb 3GS. Get a real device, the shuffle is a waste of metal.



    I already have a 32GB 3GS on launch day. BTW, thanks for the advice. Guess I'll keep my 1st gen Touch.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mpwmpw Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post


    ...I decided to get one later to replace my Touch...



    A Shuffle can only replace a Touch depending on your needs for the device. If you need the device to use email, watch video, make notes, store contacts, play games, use maps to find your way, use the internet etc. etc. than the Shuffle isn't going to be any good to you. If all you used your Touch for listening to music then the Shuffle's an option, but it's a very limited device.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw View Post


    A Shuffle can only replace a Touch depending on your needs for the device. If you need the device to use email, watch video, make notes, store contacts, play games, use maps to find your way, use the internet etc. etc. than the Shuffle isn't going to be any good to you. If all you used your Touch for listening to music then the Shuffle's an option, but it's a very limited device.



    Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll be staying with my iPod Touch for now and I'll get a 160GB Classic in a few days time.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    Scratch magnet!
Sign In or Register to comment.