whats the deal w/ espn.com??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i go to espn.com quite regularly, and just right now when i went there, i noticed that it is linked w/ msn. it even comes out as msn.espn.com or some bullshit like that. when the hell did that happen?? and what kind of deal do they have w/ microsoft??

microsofts even infringing on sports...

oh well...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    it also seems noticeably slow right now, but dont know if that is related...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    ESPN has had the MSN bar at the top of the page for months now. the bullshit you are referring to is "espn.go.com"

GO.com is the now defunct web portal run by Disney. Many of the GO websites still exist...the portal does not.

I believe infoseek was the backbone of this portal...Infoseek was one of the best search engines way back when. I remember it was all WebCrawler, Lycos, InfoSeek and Yahoo! (Yahoo! not really being a search engine at the time.)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>ESPN has had the MSN bar at the top of the page for months now. the bullshit you are referring to is "espn.go.com"

GO.com is the now defunct web portal run by Disney. Many of the GO websites still exist...the portal does not.

I believe infoseek was the backbone of this portal...Infoseek was one of the best search engines way back when. I remember it was all WebCrawler, Lycos, InfoSeek and Yahoo! (Yahoo! not really being a search engine at the time.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

ahh, ok yeah ive noticed the go.com part, but never seen the msn part of it...

strange...

oh well...dont really matter anyway
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    er, wow, you're right, it's msn.espn.go.com now...more evidence Microsoft is controlling the web, and the 'API' for the web...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>er, wow, you're right, it's msn.espn.go.com now...more evidence Microsoft is controlling the web, and the 'API' for the web...</strong><hr></blockquote>

ok good, so its not just my incompetence or illusion...

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: _ alliance _ ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah, I think the MSN thing started back in August or September. Pretty weak if you ask me. I thought ESPN had some backbone. Clearly Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen were not in on the decision-making process.