Is there a difference between the macbook pro 15' and 17' silver keyboard?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm talking about the last version, not this version of the black keyboard but, from the silver/gray ones, because a friend needs to replace it for him and my question is if there is a difference since searching for laptop keyboards for macbook pro and there are covers made for both versions and it says they can be used for both, so then i guess the keyboard is the same, am I right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldcard View Post

I'm talking about the last version, not this version of the black keyboard but, from the silver/gray ones, because a friend needs to replace it for him and my question is if there is a difference since searching for laptop keyboards for macbook pro and there are covers made for both versions and it says they can be used for both, so then i guess the keyboard is the same, am I right?

From a user's perspective, yes, the keyboards between the 15" and 17" PowerBook and non-unibody MacBook Pro are identical. They are not, however, the same as the unibody MBPs, which share the style/layout of the MacBook or the aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

From a user's perspective, yes, the keyboards between the 15" and 17" PowerBook and non-unibody MacBook Pro are identical. They are not, however, the same as the unibody MBPs, which share the style/layout of the MacBook or the aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard.

thank you!