Is there any way to add artwork to an entire TV season at once?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
With music it's easy to add artwork to a whole load of files all at once, but not with TV shows. I haven't been able to find any way to do it, other than one episode at a time. As if this wasn't bad enough, iTunes takes about 30 seconds to add artwork to each file. It's painful.

Does anyone know a way to get around this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    select all the episodes of that season as one group, then "get info"... there's a tab within that popup window for artwork... add it ... it affects all the episodes you've selected.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

select all the episodes of that season as one group, then "get info"... there's a tab within that popup window for artwork... add it ... it affects all the episodes you've selected.

That doesn't work with TV Shows, only with music. The artwork page only displays with a single selection with TV shows...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    No, it DOES work ... I've done it... more than once.

The "get info" window looks different, but rummage around through the various tabs available, and you'll find the one that shows artwork.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

No, it DOES work ... I've done it... more than once.

The "get info" window looks different, but rummage around through the various tabs available, and you'll find the one that shows artwork.

Just checked again, and it really doesn't work for me. I get tabs for Info, Video, Sorting, and Options. None have any options for artwork.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Just checked again, and it really doesn't work for me. I get tabs for Info, Video, Sorting, and Options. None have any options for artwork.

That's funny. I get tabs for Summary, Info, Video, sorting, Options, Lyrics and Artwork.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    FWIW, My iTunes behaves like kotatsu's. Select multiple videos and do a get-info, and there is no artwork tab.

This is on iTunes 8.2.1 on OS X 10.5.8.

Those who are seeing the artwork tab with multiple videos selected, which iTunes version are you using? Can you post a screen-shot?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    On mine when you select multiple videos, when you're on the "Info" tab there is an "Artwork" pane with a checkbox in the lower right hand corner of that screen.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    And I just dragged a random jpeg onto that pane with multiple videos selected and it changed them all. Oh, and the videos were tagged as "TV shows." This is in 8.2 on 10.5.7.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

On mine when you select multiple videos, when you're on the "Info" tab there is an "Artwork" pane with a checkbox in the lower right hand corner of that screen.

doh! <slaps own forehead> You're right.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh now I see it. Wow they really hid that one well. Why it works differently to adding artwork to music I have no idea.

Thanks for the tip!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    On mine adding art to multiple songs looks the same as adding art to multiple video. Multiple has a whole different layout from single, for whatever reasons.