Push vs Fetch vs Manual change?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Before 3.1 I had one Exchange email account setup as PUSH. I then had three pop3 accounts set as Manual. The only time the pop3 accounts would get mail is when you actually went into the Inbox for that account. Now any time I even open MAIL all pop3 accounts fetch their mail. I have PUSH turned off, each account set to Manual. Seems something has changed in 3.1. The one Exchange account seems to be Pushing just fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    oturnoturn Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camphill View Post

Before 3.1 I had one Exchange email account setup as PUSH. I then had three pop3 accounts set as Manual. The only time the pop3 accounts would get mail is when you actually went into the Inbox for that account. Now any time I even open MAIL all pop3 accounts fetch their mail. I have PUSH turned off, each account set to Manual. Seems something has changed in 3.1. The one Exchange account seems to be Pushing just fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Same here. REALLY inconvenient... I've had to turn off my pop3 accounts to avoid getting blasted with email when I only want to view my Exchange email.

This problem existed in previous releases of the iPhone OS. It was eliminated in 3.0. Guess someone allowed it to creep back in.